main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark EPISODE III - Decision making on CR, theater of choice and line-party

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    There are 3 things we need to get squared away pretty soon.

A CR needs to be selected very pronto. This person will be our go-to individual for promotions, direction, etc. Without this chair person, we'll all be wandering idgits. ;)

Second, it is probably about time to get some ideas from folks on where they'd like to see the LAST STAR WARS MOVIE EVER! I, for one, would like to see it at the RAVE, but I am sure others can chime in with more places. Most importantly, it is where all the fans are. I'll probably have the most fun where everyone else is. So, that being said, we need to spread the word - get more members - and get the ball rollin'! :D

LINE PARTY - All I gotta say is WOW! I had a WHOLE LOTTA FUN at the party in Nashville 3 years ago. I'll remember it for a long time to come. To make this one memorable, a lot of planning needs to go into the location and promotion of it. The ideas need to pile in, so let's hear what ya got! :D

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    CR hmm well that's true we do need one, eh?

As for the Rave 'hell yes!' hehehe let's do it there cuz when I went to the Trilogy (showing of all LotR movies back to back) that freakin' rocked!!

Sad thing is... I don't expect a huge line though for Ep III :( AR juz seems like it doesn't do much for anything except college football... which is all right, but still kind'a sad. I remember Ep II wasn't many there and didn't require a 'stand in the line waiting bit' so kind'a sad.

Though one thing :p I'm gonna be dressed up in costume for Ep III that's for bloody sure! hehehehe

(all right.. I'll prob hate myself for doing this in the long run being a single mom and stuff... but if no CR is elected soon I'll step in... juz need to know what all I need to do though. I've been a SW nut ever since I saw 'A New Hope' in theaters back in '79 hehehe yeah yeah I was juz 4 but :p I still remember it...though vaguely hehehe)

3. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Howdy ya'll! I Agree with you Elan-Rai the RAVE is going to be the place to be for Episode III! As for everything else I trust in the wisdom of the Council. Decide and then I will follow. Other than that bring on the year of Star Wars!!!!! I also will be dressed up for Eps III. The Gray Jedi is on the way!! Later!!!

4. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Okay, looks like Nyborg13 and Kynstar are the only two interested in the job, er.. title of CR. ;)

If no others are interested, I would suggest making a motion to vote for CR. We could use my PM to keep voting concealed and accurate. Whatever you guys want to do. :)

Trust me, membership will grow once we get a CR elected. The CR will be responsible for promoting the group outside of TFN. That person will need to maybe advertise at comic-book shops, the movie theaters, movie-rental shops, etc; anywhere where the establishment will let you do it. We did that at my last FanForce and nearly quadrupled our membership right before the line-party. Again, these are just ideas, but they can and do work. :D

BUT, one thing we must absolutely NOT forget is that this doesn't all rest on the CR's shoulders. We'll need to step up and stand behind him/her and do what needs to be done if we want us to grow and prosper. Example: If flyers need to be handed out, then we all need to jump in and help our where we can. Just some helpful advise. :)

5. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    "BUT, one thing we must absolutely NOT forget is that this doesn't all rest on the CR's shoulders"

Amen BROTHER! A CR does not a line party make. A Fan Force chapter does.

I just thought I would drop in & say "HEY". Jay has been there & done that. He is a great guy & won't steer y'all wrong. Those of us who know him from his adventures in Nashville miss him. Strong with the Force he is.

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW FAN FORCE CHAPTER! =D= MTFBWY'ALL!!!

6. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey thought I'd chime in to let you all know that I am pulling my name from the CR postion. Myself and the family will help the new CR in any way possible. I really wanted it but we are in the process of buying a new place and ordering a huge dbl wide and there is alot of work to do to the proparty and to this house so we can sell it. this is why I havnt been posting latly barly have time to read them.

7. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    As for which theater. If I am in town and not in Memphis I think RAVE is the best option. But I am planning on buying my tickets ahead of time. I will be there for lines for good seats.

8. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Does RAVE allow you to pre-order tickets?

9. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Good question... dunno. But I got 2 free tickets that are for RAVE hehehe undated and no expiration date ;)

10. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    I say Rave also. And yes, you can pre order tickets there. So would this be the Midnight Showing, or what?

11. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    It's probably too soon to know right now if they will. Most theaters don't know until a month before at best. I think it would be unfortunate not to, but you never know. If we get in good with the theater manager, we might find out that way.

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah once the time gets closer somebody could prob get in touch to find out if they are gonna be doing a midnight showing or not. hehehe funny thing is... I've never been to a midnight showing of a movie before (opening night) I've only done opening day. So this be sweet if the Rave does it.

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Wow got awful quiet in here! hehehe So what did everybody do over New Years?

14. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, our family rang in the New Year with our relatives in Cabot. It was a blast! Not much happened over the New Year's holiday, but Christmas was quite interesting with our "unforgettable" trip through the arctic snow-ways on the 22nd of December. ;)

15. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh yeah.. the snow hehehe I drove to LR thru that mess on that Fri it was a mess indeed. Wouldn't have been all that bad if people would go more than 5-10 MPH :p My truck can't get traction on that crap unless it's 15+ MPH hehehe oh well. My pops taught me how to drive on the ice and snow (and no I ain't bragging... you can know how to drive on it and still get in the ditch hehehe)

But these people slamming on their brakes... going so slow... well that doesn't help the other drivers a bit *snrk* hehe

Glad to hear your Christmas went well :) We couldn't do anything until New Year's weekend... so our Christmas was combination of NY and Christmas.

I feel bad... cuz I didn't stay up to watch the ball drop hehehe then again I had been up for over nearly 24 hrs gaming *snrk* (RPGing)

16. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Yeah, driving on that stuff was the worst decision I've made in a looooong time. :(

As for RPGing, what type of games are you into? Some friends of mine and myself used to use the West End Games' Star Wars version years ago.

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I've got most of the SW d20 RPG books... but nobody to play with!! :_|

hehehe we mainly do AD&D (2nd ed though I've played 1st and 3rd), Rifts, White Wolf, done a little Shadowrun, a speck of Modern d20, Battletech/Mechwarrior. Hmmm that's what I can think of right now.

So as to this CR business... guess since Nyborg can't at the moment I'm the ticket then? Do let me know so I can attempt to learn/become it ;) hehehe

18. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    So as to this CR business... guess since Nyborg can't at the moment I'm the ticket then?

Well, I suppose that's an option. I suggest though that we wait to get more people involved before we elect. It seems we've died off quite a bit since we became official. The only reason I suggest waiting is because since announcing the "who's interested" post, no one has really expressed who they desired as CR. But I do agree about getting this taken care of soon. I'd say we give it another few weeks to see if I hear from anyone wanting to run for CR, then we can go from there. Sound okay?

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Sounds good to me. I've been trying to spread the news on base meself ;) though (believe it or not) the few I've talked to are already associated through their own states' FanForce groups hehehe

Soooo what RPG do you/or have done?

20. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey gang looks the land deal fell through for now so Ive talked it over with the family and Im back in for CR. No matter who gets it because the state is so spread out and still very new we will all have to work as one mainly with the CR just being the go to man/woman. Example : Hot Springs is far off for some folks so if Elan-Rai where CR then others like myself would do things around here but keep in contact with the CR to let them know what was going on and to try and work in a meeting or two for everyone.

21. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Whatever you guys want to do is fine with me. If you want to run the election now, that's cool. I just wonder what happened to everyone. I know we had around 2 others from Hot Springs, but they haven't logged in since November. I may just have to commit to LR "going-ons" until something happens here.

BTW, I'll be in the LR area this weekend. I'll be visiting some relatives in Cabot, so if you guys plan anything I might be able to swing by. Just give me a heads up.

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey Nyborg! It fell thru? Man sorry to hear about that :( hopefully it'll come thru soon though :) House stuffles are a pain in the kisser!

As for doing anything, well juz let me know. I am GMing a game come Sat but that isn't until early evening. So the morning and early afternoon I'm open.

23. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Sorry to hear that your new home situation didn't work out, Henry. Glad to hear your back with us, though! Sorry I didn't get to hang with you over the break.

24. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Elan-Rai I was going to ask you what you where doing this weekend I was going to come over and meet with you and any other prospects you may have. What time will you be coming through N.L.R. and will you have time to kill before you get there or on the way home. The family and I are doing nothing this weekend so we are free anytime. We need to set up some way of getting intouch without the PC.

25. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    So, did y'all get together this last weekend?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.