main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference [Even More New Years Stuff] 2010 RP/GM Resolutions

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarthXan318, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    This is (1) a bit late, and (2) shamelessly borrowed from Fanfic, but anyway ... [face_whistling]

What are your RPing/GMing goals for this year? I don't mean "what do you want to see in the RPF" - we have that other thread for that - I mean you personally. What are you going to do? :D

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    stick around for another year and improve my writing. going for two years straight would be nice.

3. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    My New Year resolution...........GM my own game!

.......Hahahahaha [face_laugh] Yeah right.

4. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Trim - [face_laugh] Yeah that would be good. :p

My resolutions are:
    - play a more varied bunch of characters - at one point I think all my characters were Force-using young women and that's not on. At least they weren't all lightsiders. :oops:
    - finish all those projects hanging around the RPR
    - not leave my tags hanging for weeks...

I was gonna add "GM a game" but - like Sarge - I took a look at it and decided it was just not gonna happen. 8-}

5. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I left behind my familiar ground and try something new. Something ambitious. And possibly to great for my humble abilities. My only resolution for 2010 is to give it my best shot!

6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    A year should be a long time. Who knows, I might GM my own game.

I hope Galaxy at War comes back for a fourth chapter.

7. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    To better manage all the plotlines in AFaS at once.

To really push myself in SotS. I picked a rather unremarkable character specifically to challenge myself.

8. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    To make some more time for playing games around here.

Either through stepping down from the Modship, GMing only one game instead of two, or stop dabbling around with other internet distractions. :)

-I_H

9. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    Well, mine would be to ACTUALLY update my game/games in a timely fashion. Sadly, that already seems to be blown. -_- But, anyways, Perhaps later in the year I will be able to stabilize and get myself in gear.

As an RPer, I honestly don't know. I don't plan on joining many more games, and I can hardly handle what I am in now, as little as it is. However, I plan, like my other GMing goal, to at least manage to handle whatever I currently have going and get posts in in a timely fashion. We'll see......

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great idea for a thread!

I definitely want to grow enough to be able to GM my own game. I've gotten a taste of it now through the Disney RPG and there's surprisingly a lot of work involved, but we'll see what happens. Hopefully I'll be comfortable enough to move off on my own eventually.

As for my RPing, I would like to branch out and try different character types. I'm stuck in the same mold for most of my characters and it would be nice to change that for future games. The problem is breaking away from the norm. I know what I know and I'm not sure if I can pull off anything else. It should be interesting to see how that pans out. It'll be a real experiment.

And finally, respond to TAGs in a timely manner. I have a tendency to let them sit for days or weeks and it really gets me behind.

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    My characters have always been of the same mold as a RPer. I always thought about branching off into an alien race. Maybe I'll try that this year.

As for GM stuff, Intervention has really shot off in a good direction lately and I want to continue our recent success. Mainly as a GM, I want to make a good storyline for our players and keep our players excited about what's happening in the game.

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Stay on top of TAGs, and try to get my western up and running.

13. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    My resolution is to play more games and get to know more members of the board. I also hope to maybe GM a game, but Tropical Terror is running smoothly. I also plan on trying to gain more players on that game and branch out the storyline. Good work Sith_I_5. Also I hope to have a good time at the games I am currently involved in.

14. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    don't you dare :(

spycoder - We're an easy bunch to get to know. :D Come join us in the social threads, or if you have AIM, there's always someone in the rpfchat.

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    How do you get to the rpfchat? [face_thinking] I never heard of it before.

16. Mecatolrex

Mecatolrex Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2009
    I'd like to get to know my community better as well, and I'd like to think I'm doing that currently. :p I do have a game in development, but that wont be until spring, if at all. I want to be involved in a few games before I dive into my own creation.

17. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    The rpfchat is an AIM chat room - you can invite yourself, or IM me anytime (screename in my profile) and I'll get you in. That goes for everyone. :D

Remember to tell me who you are, especially if your SN is unrelated to your JC name. :p

18. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Set myself aflame a last time, instead of burn out slowly and then, somewhere, somewhen in a few month, leave in dignity and style . . .

19. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Good thread. My RPF resolutions are, in no particular order:

20. To respond promptly to PMs. I've developed a terrible habit of opening PMs in a new tab and not reading them for days, even weeks. So if I haven't replied to your PM and it says I've read it, I haven't actually, but I'm going to.

21. To update on-the-fly. I hate massive updates. They're a chore to write and waiting for them slows the game down. I much prefer to update whenever people post, and that's how I used to do it. Got to get back into that style.

22. To expand Man Cubs. I once promised to open things up to anyone who wants to play. I still intend to do that, but it'll take some planning and one or two co-GMs. But I am determined for the game to continue evolving and growing. It may be six months or more until we see this though.

23. Get more involved in the community. Not a massive priority, but I would like to join in on the rpfchat more. I did a few times last year but never really became a regular, so to speak.

24. Begin a new project. Got to keep the creative jucies flowing. Once Chessboard is done then I have a slot open. I probably won't start a new game still the second half of 2010, and I may not start one at all depending on the Man Cubs stuff I mentioned above. But I have a few ideas. I've been thinking about a 'Robin Hood versus King Arthur' game for some time.

26. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    That explains so, so much. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.