main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I've always imagined that if they showed it happening, it might look something like this, very simple, like a silent film effect:

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

She did do Garden State flat-out in the middle of doing the PT and she's fantastic in that. I'm gonna actually say Portman has never done a bad performance, what she does is she puts in a performance that is best suited to the film she's in. Star Wars movies, esp. when you talk Very Seriously About Space Politics, get to be a little wooden. In the big emotional scenes, she plays it big because it's a space opera and morality play, you play way to the back to the cheap-seats. I actually think you can't overact in a Star Wars movie or, hell, is there a single performance in the entire freakin' series you could call subtle? Okay, maybe Alec Guiness in ANH but that's pretty much it entirely. And even Alec Guinness admitted he couldn't wrap his head around the "Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror" bit.

Yes, yes, please yes. Maybe not right out of the gate, let's go with the ST for sure, but a McGregor one-shot Old Obi-Wan movie is totally something I want to see, maybe in about ten years when McGregor is even older. I'm not to down with the Force Ghost thing, I am a big fan of the old hologram in the ST, but I think that's a potential for a great side-movie. Not a trilogy or anything, just one solid, very Western-influenced style flick.

3. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Have you heard about JJM's book called Kenobi?

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, I'll definitely give that one a shot when it hits paperback, should be an interesting read. I do think trotting out McGregor for one last hurrah as Old Obi-Wan and as definitively the main character would be a great flick, though, and maybe even less pricey as Star Wars film prices are reckoned.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Doesn't Obi-Wan find out about Vader via newspaper? That's almost as lazy as killing Chewie off with a moon.

6. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    He indeed appears to be, which is why he's won be over as a fan. You should check out his two motorcycle trips around the world (Long Way Round and Long Way Down), he's a riot [face_laugh]

Valairy Scot and fishtailsam like this.
  7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I've heard about those. They're both supposed to be really good. I'll check it out. He was really good in Beginners. Should have gotten an Oscar nom.

8. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Don't know how I feel about Jack the Giant Killer but Ill go see it cause of Ewan

9. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    They are, specially the first one (Long Way Round) [face_laugh].

Yeah, he was great in Beginners. I'm also hearing great things about his performance in the upcoming film The Impossible, that's the real story of a spanish family that lived thru the 2004 tsunami. Looking forward to seeing it myself.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  10. Beaker416

Beaker416 Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2004
    Yes, this, a thousand times this. This would be an awesome "spin-off" movie that they've been talking about. It'd be a way to bring Vader back onto the Silver Screen as well

TreborSabreon and agentkrycek like this.
  11. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    I third this idea! I have no problems with him appearing in Episode 7 as a ghost/hologram but the idea of Obi-Wan getting a solo film would be so much better

Besides a movie set between the two trilogies, I also wouldn't mind seeing a prequel to TPM with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

TreborSabreon and Valairy Scot like this.
  12. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I want a Prequel Chronology...
    EP 1. Unwrinkly Yoda apprentice to Jedi X/Darth Whatever in the shadows
    EP 2. Yoda trains Dooku/Finds a disturbance in the force
    EP 3. Dooku becomes a knight/Discovery of a "Dark Jedi"
    EP 4. Dooku takes Qui-Gon as Apprentice/Fight Dark Jedi/Discovery of a Dark Jedi Academy/Palpatine hits the galactic scene/Plagius
    EP 5. Qui-Gon becomes a knight/Dooku Disappears/Qui Gon fights dark Jedi
    EP 6. Qui Gon takes Obi Wan as an Apprentice/Dark Jedi threat ended

13. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    If Ewan were to appear in EPVII it could be easily explained. Ben only appeared to Luke as Alec during the OT because that was the only way Luke knew him. Since then Obi has decided to change his look back to his earlier self (Ewan). Now with Luke as an older guy, you can have Obi as Ewan, force ghost stylee. Perhaps inbetween Luke has seen a holo of Obi in his prime so Ben's new look isn't a shock? If Anakin can change his image back a few years, maybe all force ghosts can?

I'm not saying changing Obi's force ghost is the right thing to do, I'm just saying it can be done. (And probably in a better way than I have just explained - I'm not a story teller). [face_peace]

14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Obi-Wan actually had an evil twin brother frozen in carbonite this whole time! :eek:
    Wobi-Oan Kenobi! He teams up with Palpatine's twin brother Enitaplap who was also frozen in carbonite to rid the galaxy of the Jedi menace once and for all.

15. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    And both were cloned, in an EU fashion?

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes. They were cloned over 9,000 times by the Glove of Darth Vader which is similar to Thing from The Addams Family.

17. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    After initially being trapped by Thrawn's super salamander's of course?

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I've only read a handful of the EU books, but the more super salamanders the better?

19. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Whos up for a Obi-wan movie! Maybe it takes place between 3 and 4 and he is doing some underground missions for the rebels.

20. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I vote no on Ewan's force ghost.
    Holograms made by Ben for Luke while he was growing up, using a now-age-appropriate Ewan? That's another story entirely.

FinleySlade and Darth_Articulate like this.
  21. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Who needs Ewan when Corey Feldman would make a perfectly acceptable Obi Wan ghost

22. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    They can have Ewan reprise his role Obi-wan, all they have to do is go back and re-shoot all of Alec Guiness' scenes from ESB and ROTJ with Ewan and re-release that as to maintain continuity. What does everyone think? They already covered up two old actors with Ian McDairmid and Hayden Christensen, why not go for the hat trick?

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  23. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I've considered this, and personally I would have no problem with it, however I don't think the fan uproar would be worth it... Maybe just in that last ROTJ shot though.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  24. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    You wouldn't have to explain it. It's Okay to have unexplained elements in a story. As long as the important parts of the story are solid, and the characters are strong and convincing, it's perfectly alright to have certain elements that remain mysterious or unexplained. SW is full of them.

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Not sure if it's been mentioned....

Hayden expressed interest in voicing Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, he said he'd love to do it and was asking for it in interviews, but was not asked to voice the part.