main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    I'd be cool with this if it was done in a way that served the narrative and not just a "Hey! Lets put Anakin in! And Qui Gonn! And Obi Wan!" I'm good with all three, say a scene where Luke is looking through old holocrons and sees Qui Gonn imparting some knowledge but doesnt quite get the answer he wanted. He says "I don't know what to do" and a voice says "You must do what you feel is right" he turns and there's Ani and Obi ready to help him along the jedi path

2. Sethian Eber

Sethian Eber Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    Former PT hater here. I must confess, Hayden Christensen's performance was never one of the reasons why I didn't like the PT. That was something that the internet 'fan' culture perpetrated which unconsciously influenced me into thinking it was true. Sure he had some bad lines. "I HATE YOU" comes to mind from ROTS. But I think he acted the part even to the point of mimicking Darth Vader's form. This is especially apparent in the Obi-Wan fight. I have never seen a hater acknowledge this. He's a good actor in other films too, which goes against the 'bad acting' argument. Bad lines in some cases, yes. Bad acting? Upon re-visiting the prequels and enjoying them, I don't see how anybody can say that. He is supposed to be a whiny teenager (Luke was also whiny in the original) that is unstable. I thought he did a pretty good job of it.

Even though I despised the ROTJ Sebastian Shaw Anakin ghost replacement, if you watch the films in order it makes sense. I just feel that fans should have the choice of watching the original. People would still complain about the changes, but with the choice of viewing the original, their argument would be baseless. (by choice I do mean 'high quality' aka HD and not a 1993 SD telecine with issues)

If Mark Hamill is indeed in the film in more than just a cameo role, I think it would make some sense to include Anakin as a force ghost so long as it adds to the story and isn't just for fan service. Same with Obi-Wan, especially since Ewan Mcgregor threw it out there on twitter. With appropriate makeup and aging of course. That would go along way at passing the torch IMHO. I didn't even realized until recently that ROTS includes almost every OT major character. Luke/Leia as babies, Vader voiced by James Earl Jones ('unofficially'), Yoda voiced by Frank Oz, Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker as R2 and Threepio (when they aren't CG or controlled by remotes), a younger Tarkin, Emperor Palpatine, Obi-Wan, Chewbacca (played by Peter Mayhew).. even Jeremy Bulloch plays a part. As long as it doesn't drag the plot, it would be great for as many characters and actors who portrayed them to return, including PT people like Christensen and Mcgregor. Once the 'torch' is passed and the 'fan service' is played out (so long as it doesn't hinder the plot), fans will embrace the new characters and accept the continuation of the universe. It would be amazing

3. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I'm starting to think I want Christensen in just to spite the haters :rolleyes:

4. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    If he were, I doubt he'd do much.
    You know, since Anakin Skywalker is old and dead and stuff.

-SummerMendocino- likes this.
  5. Methix

Methix Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2012
    I seriously cant believe Disney wants to bring darth vader back in episode 7 i mean come on really , ANakin fullfilled the prophecy of the chosen one destroyed the emperor and killed himself in the process thus destroying the sith and bringing balance , Why in gods name would they want to bring Vader back its going to ruin the first 6 movies , i can understand bringing anakin back as a force ghost and if they do that ( it has to be hayden or i will refuse 2 watch it) but they want to b ring darth vader back in the suit which is impossible to do unless they want to **** over the first 6 movies and there story line. 2 ways it can happen anakin comes back as a close ( makes sense cause of the cloning story in attack of the clones) and somehow becomes or is already darth vader before the suit like when he first got the title in revenge of the sith or as a force ghost guiding or helping look one thing about star wars is they cant just recast and replace the actors cause they wont be accepted and the films will flop No matter what people think of hayden he is anakin skywalker and if that character is to be in the next film it has to be the actor who played him in the prequels or the story of that character is just gonna go to complete **** and no one is gonna care i myself liked the PT better mainly cause of the story /character of anakin , which is the central figure of all 6 star wars films they have to very very very careful with this character cause if they do **** it up it will be the end of star wars. Also to some of the earlier posts regarding that some people think luke will bring balance to the force in episode 7? wtf are you even a star wars fan. There is only one prophecy and only only one chosen one = Anakin skywalker no one else could bring the force into balance accept him , as for luke there is no such prophecy or anything look can do w/e he wants but we wont be bringing anything into balance his father already did that and i doubt his son is gonna do the exacr same thing in the new trilogy cause basically they are copying the entire story of the previous 6 films they need to come up with something new and fresh.I would rather anakin bot be it in at all if they are gonna try and bring him back in the suit tbh it ***** over everything George Lucas has done previously with all 6 films. I was never a fan of Luke. his character is weak compared to vader/anakin. This is what the first 6 films where all about -------> , And this story should not be touched apon with a disney run lucasfilms cause they will screw it up buy just wanting to make money , george should have had some plan in place so they couldn't mess with the story of the OT and PT. I however would like to a see a return of the character anakin skywalker in episode 7 and even further but this needs to be done very carefully . I do not want to see the return of darth vader in the dam suit like Disney suggested they where doing or whatever that leak was cause it basically ruins the entire plot of the OT and PT anakin destroyed vader by redeemed himself , so darth vader character doesn't exist anymore .

6. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Please, no Vader and no Hayden. They already made the end of RotJ ridiculous with Luke looking at a father that is younger than him, don't have Luke talk with a father that is young enough to be his kid. Just don't.

This has nothing to do with Hayden, I liked him for most of AotC and all of RotS, just against using him as a force ghost.

7. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    For continuity sake, yes - you'll need Hayden to appear as Anakin in ghost form at some point.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I would love to see Anakin in the ST. Better yet - keep it a secret until we see EpVII on opening night!
    Only time will tell, though. It all depends on the story!

"He is my bro... I mean, father"
    /LM

9. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Not necessarily. It all depends on the story. I am hoping George leaves the whole redemption plot behind for good. Let's get a fresh start here.

10. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I think the fewer ties to the PT, the better.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  11. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I tend to agree. Anakin's story had 6 Episodes let Luke's have 6 Episodes. No need to include Anakin, Kenobi, or Yoda. Let their story end as happy ghosts at the end of RotJ and Let Luke, Leia, Han et al have their trilogy and ending.

Lucas did say that only the droids arein all 9, so let the Heroes of Yavin have their own story.

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  12. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I think the more ties to the PT, the better. At least if they want this trilogy to conclude the Skywalker Saga. If that's not the plan, then it doesn't matter, but if the plan is to create a trilogy of trilogies, it's only natural that the third part of the saga has strong ties to the first part as well as the second part. That's usually the way it goes and as most of us know, Star Wars is very traditional in that regard.
    Again, though: If that's not the plan, it'll hardly matter.

"Oh, Kathleen! What are you gonna do?"
    /LM

Count Yubnub likes this.
  13. Methix

Methix Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2012

I disagree , having Hayden at end of ROTJ makes sense only a jedi can appear as a force ghost , in the movies anyway , and the old guy they used to have there never looked like that when he was a jedi that's how he looked when he was vader, so it makes sense anakins force ghost is when he was a jedi thats what he looked like at the time of hist death when anakin ceased to exist and he became darth vader , it is much more powerfull because people who watch all 6 films in order will have a stronger connection to him appearing there than some old dude who we never see accept for 1 secene , vader no longer exists , so it makes sense to see anakin as a jedi at the end. and i prefer it., whether hateser hate the 1st 3 movie`s are part of the story and hayden will forever be anakin.

I do however hope they leave vader and anakin our of episode VII , because there is little chance in getting hayden backto play a force ghost of anakin , and i will not accept it if they get another actor, And i will kill myself if they in anyway try to bring vader back in the suit.

14. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I see chorus of boos throughout the theatre in our future.

15. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Do we need all these ghosts?

Obi-Wan and Yoda are important as guides to Luke. Leia knows neither so it would be unlikely that they could guide her and that was one of the things i disliked about the EU when Leia couldn't forgive her father. This will be 35-ish years later so they can now at least be talking :)

16. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Long haired Anakin is how he looked when he became Vader and betrayed the Jedi. The old guy was how he looked when he died and became a good guy again. Vader ceased to exist and he became Anakin again. A good force user that studied the whills as Jinn did could use this trick, doesn't have to be a jedi.

I am not a hater. I like Hayden as a young Jedi, not as Anakin died 20+ years later.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, I will be present at the cinema...

Cantina Bassist likes this.
  18. Methix

Methix Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes but the point is it makes more scene seeing Hayden force ghost , the only point in the films when we see him as a jedi is in attack of clones revenge of sith, so it make sense when his force ghost appears it is of that apperance

19. Methix

Methix Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2012
    You do ra
    you do realize if they do anything that doesnt follow the story in EU it will turn cannon into non cannon and people are gonna get real ****** about it

20. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    OK over the next year alot of interviews are going to be done with actors promoting their new movies during this process they will be asked if they would like to be in Star Wars.

and if they have half a brain they will say"Yes I would love to be a part of that ...who would'nt"

the interviewer will then run the story that "such and such" wants to be in star wars.

For god sake it does not mean they are or will be involved in anyway. There is already a thread "who would you like to be in VII" so we dont need to start a thread on every single actor in gods good earth that says they want to be in it.

Thank you

21. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, this might save everyone's time.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  22. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Thank You Mr. Saurion-Fett. ^:)^

23. Neo_3

Neo_3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    Hemsworth
    Hiddleston
    Fisher
    Hamill
    Ford
    Billy Dee Williams
    Jeremy Bulloch

24. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Lots of actors are wary of big studio productions or surefire blockbusters.

25. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    It makes more sense to se Anakin as a Force ghost at the point when he was last a good guy and died, a la Ben and Yoda. No going back to your young evil self. Besides, Ben and Yoda helped him become a force ghost, why would they restore his youth and not their own? Also, Luke never saw 20 year old Anakin, so he would be "who the heck is that."