main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fait Accompli (EU, Myn + Kirney) - COMPLETED 04/10/2003

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -thor-, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    A small error correction for my post - in "Wraith Squadron" Myn get´s Phanan´s R2-unit, but its name is not Clink, but Gadget. Clink is mentioned for the first time in "Solo Command" - interestingly just before that certain Kiss on Saffalore (talk about fortuities) [face_mischief]

Jedi_BMack - Actually I´m not the person who runs around and shouts "Look what I did" ... But how would you "advertize" this?

2. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I thought i saw you post something in one of derisa's or inyri's threads before about your viggie... i could be wrong...

advertisement isn't the word to use, just a heads-up, eh?

-b-

3. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Hmm ... well I´m not really comfortable with the idea of posting links in another author´s topic. That´s just the way I am *shrugs* ...

4. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Many people use their signatures to provide a link to the story they are currently writing. When they post on other people's stories, the author being praised (and the other readers) can then look at the signature. That's the best form of "advertising" that I know of; it's there, but it's not obtrusive. You aren't posting on the story of another author merely to advertise your own, but your signature just happens to tag along.

5. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    i've seen them in the profile too... i just need to check 'em more often... newbie, mistake...

-b-

6. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    So .. after updating may signature here comes the next part.

It was already mid-afternoon when they finally made their way to their house. For Myn it was still a little difficult to think of it as theirs, but he was sure that he´d get used to the thought with time.

Our house. The first real home I´ve had in years. The mere thought produced a cacophony of emotions and warmed his soul. I like that ...

They had found the former farm by sheer luck. It had been owned by an old couple ? warmhearted and kind people who had moved to the town due to their age and the many small and large infirmities that came with it. The house was kind of old-fashioned, a typical cottage of former times (though a pretty large one), but it had character and was absolutely idyllic. Surrounded by a small forest ? and so hidden from prying eyes ? it lay secluded from the rest of the universe in a small valley around twentyfive minutes away from Thesden. A small, shallow and warm lake was only a couple of steps away and a small platform in its center provided space for sun-bathing and swimming.

In spite of its seclusion the house was equipped with modern electronics as a holo projector, automated climate controls and a communication console which permitted holocom access ? at least to those who could pay the fees for that.

Myn relaxed and slowly slumped into the seat of the speeder. Kirney had insisted on driving after his long flight in Hyperspace and he hadn´t objected. In fact he enjoyed the trip and once again marveled at the beauty of Commenor´s nature.

?I hoped that this would be our home. I hoped that you could resign your commission and come to live with me. Here ? on Commenor.?

Kirney´s words from a while ago resounded in his mind. A year ago ? after their wedding ? he would have objected immediately. Now he was really considering it, but there was still something that prevented him from saying yes right now. It was merely a feeling ? a feeling that he still had work to do, but he couldn´t put his finger on it. Strictly speaking the war between New Republic and Empire was coming to an end. He wasn´t needed anymore and in his opinion he had done his share.

Isn´t it time for you to let others take over? Isn´t it time to start living your life?

A year ago he had resisted his urge to resign his commission and stay with his wife because his sense of duty told him otherwise. Back then he still had a debt with Wedge ? a debt for being given two chances after serious breakdowns. But now?

Kirney sat beside him and concentrated on flying the speeder. At least she looked that way. Inwardly she was fully aware of her husband sitting beside her lost in his thoughts. She knew exactly what he was thinking about and judging by his contented and relaxed expression he seemed to like the thought. It should have reassured her that everything would go fine, but she couldn´t suppress the nervousness that grew within her. She was actually unsure how he would react and if she was true to herself she was a little afraid.

Would he be hurt?
    Possibly. Probably to be more precise.

Would he begrudge her for that?
    Maybe.

Would he turn away from her?

Kirney swallowed the knot of fear in her throat and tried to look relaxed. At first it had sounded like a good idea to surprise him like that, but lately she caught herself berating herself for it. And all because she had no idea how he would take this. The tension within her was increasing with each passing moment and a small sigh of escaped her lips as they flew through the main gate.

"Hey! That thing has a new colour," Myn exclaimed as he laid his eyes on the small house after long months.

"Well ... some parts of the house needed severe reconstructions and I decided to do it right and repair as much as I could. Luckily I got in contact with a small company which did the main part of the work for rather little money. I couldn´t have done everything mysel

7. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    All together now.....AWWWWWWWWWWW! That was so incredibly adorable! I loved Myn's reaction...more soon please?

-JSD

8. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    [mom_voice] AHHHH! She left the baby alone? What if she'd been involved in a speeder accident and nobody knew the baby was there? AHHHH! [/mom_voice]

So, that's the fait accompli, huh? That is sweet, though. Seems like Kirney managed to get an awful lot done during her pregnancy and after the birth. No hanging over the toilet for hours with morning sickness that lasts nine months for this woman, huh?

Loved the way Myn dropped his bag and wasn't able to speak, just to point at the door where the noise was coming from. And the way that Kirney was almost becoming sick with the suspense.

9. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Stop being so fatalistic Jane Jinn ... think of it this way - which baby has an astromech and a living, breathing and intelligent giant teddy bear as nannies? ;)

10. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    Nice writing man... I figured as soon as you said he heard a sound... ;)

And, as a fellow male, I say he got you on that one JJ...

-b-

11. hawkbatcanuck

hawkbatcanuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    thor! Good thing I heard about this story from Inyri. I just read the whole thing so far, tonight. Great job. I'm a big Myn and Kirney fan, so I'll try to keep up to date with your next posts.

You've got an interesting premise to start your story - Myn has to choose between wife, surprise child, and the New Republic. Tough choice, but he'll hopefully make the right one.

Interesting to hear about the byplay between the two astromechs and Kolot. Comic relief, you might say, for the tension Kirney must have been feeling, knowing she had to tell Myn about the house and the baby.

I agree with JJ though. Those Star Wars mothers make it difficult for us mere mortals to compete with them. Leia runs around the galaxy fighting the Empire while carrying the twins, Mara fights the Vong while pregnant, and Mirax was no doubt concluding some sharp deal to buy medical supplies at discounted prices, as she delivered Valin. So no doubt, as a Star Wars mother, Kirney was able to buy and renovate a house, and keep on top of her business, while handling a pregnancy without her husband there. Those women are just not like us, they're Star Wars women!

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the next installment. Keep up the good work.

12. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Well I got the impression from the books that Kirney - once past her identity problems - is a real power woman with strong determination, a sense for order and planning etc ... Sometimes imperial training has its advantages ;). But she also has a softer side and she´ll show it in one of the next posts.

Writing about Myn is rather easy for me. Many of the other characters are usually goody-goody perfect ones (esp. Corran, does that man have any faults aside his ego?), but Donos is - at least for me - more believable. In a way he is very much like me - a silent background player, he has a serious attitude towards life, he isn´t used to share his emotions with his environment and he is a kind of loner. If I ever wonder what he´d think or feel in a certain situation I just have to look at me and I know ...

13. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    ... think of it this way - which baby has an astromech and a living, breathing and intelligent giant teddy bear as nannies?

Very true. I can see it now. Kolot commands, "Warm one, Tonin." A little panel on Tonin slides open, and a perfectly warmed baby bottle is ejected into the air, which Kolot expertly catches.

14. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    ROFLMAO [face_laugh]

Yeah that would be possible. But I fear the following would be more possible:

*Kolot frowns and rolls his eyes*
    "Tonin, a double with Ice."
    *Tonin opens compartment door and pours the Ewok a double Whiskeys with ice*

Babies can stress :D

15. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Ohhh, yes babies can stress, and when they fall asleep on teir shoulder they can be the sweetest de stressor on the planet. This was sooo sweet to read on my birthday.
    Thanks
    Reb

16. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Still great! I still like it so much! And you're picking up a following here, thor. :)

~Inyri

17. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great story so far, this is really interesting, i wonder what myn's reaction is going to be to that one, i always liked myn and lara/kirney keep up the great work

18. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    *happy grin*

Well then here comes part VI.

Myn carefully and slowly took the few steps towards the couch and eased himself onto it. He didn´t trust his senses and he didn´t trust his legs either - they seemed to be close to giving in. His thoughts were in utter turmoil.

Kirney was slowly starting to worry as he remained pale and didn´t say anything. "Are you ok," she finally asked.

He nodded weakly. "Yeah. Give me a second," he whispered hoarsely.

She nodded and went into the other room.

Myn stared after her, unable to process the information, unable to understand what just happened.

'Happy anniversary ... Daddy.'

Myn forced himself to breath slowly tried to control his racing heart. Inhale ... Exhale ... Inhale ... Exhale ... And slowly, bit for bit, he managed to calm himself and actually bring a little order to the chaos in his head.

Daddy ... I, a father? Why didn´t she tell me?

Before he could give himself answers his attention was diverted by someone entering the room. Tonin came first, tooting a greeting and then heading off to talk with Clink. Kolot followed and went straight for Myn. He fiercely hugged his legs and muttered something in his native dialect. Myn ruffled his fur and smiled. It had taken a while to get Kolot to overcome his distrust and abrasiveness towards him, but in the end the Ewok had begun to like him.

Then Kirney entered with a small bundle in her arms. She was practically glowing - from pride, from happiness and excitement - and she was offering him a broad smile.

His heartrate quickened again and his eyes grew larger. Gods ... so tiny!

Carefully Kirney placed the bundle in his arms. "May I present your daughter - Alina Donos."

"Alina," he murmured and looked down at the tiny piece of human in his arms. His vision blurred due to some moisture entering his eyes. Her soft skin was rosy and her cheeks were red from crying. Her hair was black as the night, but this was no surprise. Both her parents had black hair by nature ? Kirney´s copper mane was not real. Her face was reminding him much of her mother and a small dimple in her chin made Kirney´s influence clear. But her eyes ...

Her eyes were open and she looked at him. They were as blue as the sea at the Mon Ralla Beach on Mon Calamari and Myn could have drowned in them, but his daughter had other plans. She yawned amply, closed her eyes and snuggled into his chest making clear she would take a nap now.

Myn smiled and returned his attention to her mother. "She´s beautiful," he whispered partially because he didn´t want to wake her, partially because his voice failed. He leaned over and kissed his wife tenderly.

Kirney breathed a sigh of relief. She had expected a hurt reaction, accusations or even a little hostility, but instead Myn seemed to be completely happy in spite of the shock he was in. She rested her head on his shoulder and together they contemplated the result of their love in comfortable silence.

"Come," Myn finally whispered. "Let´s put her to rest."

"She seems to be content where she is," Kirney responded smirking.

"Sure, but I think I need a glass of Whiskey. I´m still in shock and awe and I need a little time to comprehend the fact that I´m father."

She gave him an incredulous stare. "Time to comprehend?"

He began to chuckle quietly. "Well usually one has a couple of months to get used to the idea. Don´t you think five minutes are insufficient?"

She had to admit he was right. It had been a week from the diagnose of the 2-1B to the point when she finally understood that she was pregnant. Unfortunately it also ment that he might react in the way she had feared later. And he might ask the question she feared most - Why didn´t you tell me?

19. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great post again, i wonder why she didn't tell him, i wonder how he will react later, great work

20. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    i really like this story u have going here, Thor. its nice to have more x-wing stories around and m/k stories r always fun! i look fwd to reading more!

from prior post: that IS a good question. should be an interesting answer as well.

21. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Oh, I dunno, as a woman I can think of lots of reasons why she didn't tell him, hormones, fear of losing the baby, fear of what he'd do with the news when he's so far away, knowing he couldn't share it with anyone.....I wonder what she'll say
    Thanks and if you didn't know already
    Good Job!
    Reb

22. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
  23. hawkbatcanuck

hawkbatcanuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    That Kolot is quite the character! I bet he's a great nanny.

Myn's reaction was sweet, I'm relieved to say. I was a bit afraid he might not react well. I'm thinking his daughter will have his heart wrapped around her fingertips before long. She's definately destined to be a daddy's girl.

Great post, thor!

24. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    i agree with hawkbat...she's definitely destined to be a daddy's girl...and a pilot...and very possibly an intelligence officer or a sniper...hehe...great post, -thor-, more soon please?

-JSD

25. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *shock and awe*

And no, I don't mean a bombing campaign.

Although that was a bombshell to drop on poor Myn. Great job!

~Rogue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.