main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA 'Fall of the Jedi' - Test Shoots shout-out

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by BobaFett-MP, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    Don I told you I am happy just to watch! Besides, if I were the bounty hunter, you'd be smoked in like 5 minutes. And that really wouldn't be enough screen time to make you happy :p

2. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Mind if I join you this weekend? I'd like to meet up with everyone for at least something, and possibly snap a pic of my mug for the website. Just be mindful of me around Padme *salivates*.

3. jedi_janie

jedi_janie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    Place and time? Anyone? ...Bueller? ....Bueller?

4. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm dying....
    You're not dying, you just can't think of anything better to do :p

In what....w...a...y....

He makes you look like an ass is what he does Ed.

They think he's a righteous dude.

5. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    why are you still here?
    its over!
    go home! go!

britt: car 54 where are you??

6. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I might be able to make it to this as well.

7. jedi_janie

jedi_janie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    danke shoen, darlin' danke shoen, thank you for all the joy and pain....

What'd I do? What'd I do?
    ...you killed the car...

...why don't you stick your thumb up your butt?

You fellas have nothing to worry about. I'm a professional.
    A professional what?

<the Star Wars theme as the car leaps over the hill>

8. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    Sorry everyone, got caught up in some massive website editing and busy work. Test shoots will be at 3:30pm Starting no later than 4pm). Shouldn't last too long. The camera is a really high tech camera from what I hear with a widescreen attachment. I was planning on bringing just some basic Fett stuff ('the falling apart cardboard' Jetpack, Don Post BF helmet, Jango Blasters, armor, the nerf Jango Blaster set belt & straps, and maybe wrist gauntlets) because my fett costume is in pieces for the most part due to some upgrades. So I'll probably look like a Mandalorian casual mercinary ;) But hey, this is just going to be for tests on how well the CG will look along with sound effects and digital erasing of backdrops. I've got some 'fun Star Wars shooting tips' that I've heard over the years that I want to try (like throwing a lightsaber flat handed onto the grass and walking backwards. Then by reversing the film, it appears as if you called it with the force and walked forward!)
    Tecnically I'm not sure on the campus security (I doubt if they are patrolling the campus during winter break right now). I doubt they'd give us any trouble (especially since I have a valid OCC student ID). So we'll be meeting in the spot where I originally posted.
    I WILL bring Padme with me. I'll bring an extra saber (One of those $9.99 ones and I'll bring an extra battle droid blaster). I'll have Ewan with me too as. So anyone who wants to have their photo redone just let me know while I'm there. (And don't let me forget to take my photo!) Feel free to bring you own costumes if you have them.

9. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    at last, at last a definate time and place...thank the force. ok...i will be there..in costume...bring several backup lightsabers, both the $9.99 and $20.00 versions. i will ask amy to bring my backup padawan costume.

see you all there!

10. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    cool deal. I will see you all there. I will need to be home by around 6 or 6:30 so thats a couple hours I can spend there.

11. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    OCC is a rather large campus. I neglected to read the previous posts, but where exactly is everyone meeting?

12. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    ---- FROM THE ORIGINAL POST ----

We're going to do some test shoots on the Orange Coast College campus for the fan film I'm working on called 'Fall of the Jedi.' The story revolves around Boba Fett (what a shock!) and his hunt for two Jedi on Coruscant. Timeline places the movie after Episode 3, but before Episode 4 (ANH) during the Jedis' last struggle.
    The test shoots will not be a gigantic production. Basically it'll be me in my old (and really non-accurate and always falling apart) Fett costume with the person I'm making this film with (camera man/digital post-production in Premiere/Sound Editor). The test shoots will be mainly for the following (which I'll add in later through CG):
    - Laser Bolt Effects
    - Lightsaber Effects
    - Explosions
    - CG backgrounds like Coruscant
    - Sound Tests
    - Light & movement matching with CG vehicles, effects, & backdrops
    - Different shot and angle tests

Overall we'll be testing the boundaries of what we can do so I can fine tune the script accordingly. Anyone is welcome to come and help out, we'll have plenty to do. We do, however, need someone to come in a Jedi Costume. If you have a lightsaber with a blade, that'd be great. If not, I'll bring one. We'll need at least one Jedi to battle against me for the test shoots.

The place is Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa at 3:30pm. We'll meet at the big art center (3 story building) down Merrimac Way (Parking Lot D). Map bellow shows the location.

[image=http://www.bobafettmp.com/ocff/maps/occmap.jpg]

13. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Britt, I read the post right before you posted that and I went and printed out the same thing you just re-posted :p

Can you tell me how to get there though??

I can take 405, or 110 to 91?? That's usually how I go to anywhere in Orange County.

Help here please. I have no idea where this college is. I had never heard of it before you said you went there.

14. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    If any of you have a nice digital (or firewire connection) cameras, bring it with you. Shawn said he's bringing his. My cameraman had some things come up, and originally he was going to send me his camera, but now he can't even do that. (He's way out in Riverside till 5:30pm).
    So, if any of you have a nice camera you could bring (all mini-tapes/digital cards will be returned after we digitally upload them to the computer) that'd be appericiated.

15. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Nevermind. I found the college website and plugged in the address for driving directions myself.

16. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Sorry about that Princess. I must have been posting right when you asked the question.

17. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Don isn't going but I can still bring his spare costume for anyone else that wants to wear it?

18. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Amy, did you get lost? Couldn't find us? We had a blast! (Was also fun to see the reactions of the people's faces to a Jedi battling a 'casual Saturday Mandalorian'.) We had our photos done with Padme of course. We got all the test shoots I could think of done. Now the hardest part begins where tracking, digital effects, and masks come into play. Thanks to all of you who were there!
    Barry (LordJedi) was there, he was our official cameraman (with his nice digi video camera)
    Shawn (SRB_Jedi_Knight) was there and was the official saber wielding Jedi. Awesome costume and saber!
    Anthony (Malice_Mizer; I hope I got those right) was there also shooting the 'behind the scenes' shots as well as helping as an assassin droid (teaming up with me against Shawn!)! I'll try and have the photos he took up soon.

19. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Yes the test shoots were a blast! I love it anytime I get to wear my costume :D.

Its to bad more of you didn't show up. Whenever Britt does more of these definitely try and show up because it was a blast!

20. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    Great time, guys. Hope to do some more of those. I've got to upload those photos from my camera, but they all look pretty sweet. PM me with one of your e-mail addresses and I'll send 'em to ya. I'm really trying to do some more drawing, so PLEASE let me know if you'd like me to pencil some storyboards.

21. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Too bad I had to work. I got off at 3:30, but after getting home at midnight Fri. and having to get up at 6:00am, I was just too tired to think about driving down to Costa Mesa. :p

It sounds like it was fun. :cool: Maybe I can get Sat. off next time. We can have a bunch of Jedi to kick everybody's butts! ;)

22. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    hi britt;

first im sorry we didnt make it. amy tried but got lost. jane had a migraine and i was feeling a bit ill from all the heat. i IM'd with barry and he told me what went on. maybe next time things will go better. im glad you guys had a good time. please send me the pics, MM....thanks

see you guys soon

zhi-don

23. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Houston...we almost had a problem. For some strange reason I wasn't able to capture the video using Win2k. I had to use my spare install of Win98SE. In any case, I have the video captured and I will be burning a CD for you tonight Britt.

To give you an idea of how large uncompressed video is, the video we shot, about 2 mins worth, is about 400 MB in size. Figuring that a movie trailer runs between 5 MB and 15 MB in mpg format, and that is about how big it will be after it's compressed. Of course, like I said at the shoots, you're going to want to work with the final video in uncompressed format so you don't lose quality with each compression.

EDIT: After compressing it down (just as a test) with Divx 5.0.2, the file size is down to 35 MB. And Shawn, don't worry about the throwing the lightsaber trick. I can't seem to reverse the video, but I can view it in reverse and it looks great. If we want to make it look better next time, you can just put your hand down sooner after you throw it.

Anyway, the video looks awesome. I definitely want to be there for the next batch of shoots (maybe I'll even dress up too).

24. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    I was really late because I had to go into work that day, then I couldn't find the right building, so by the time I got there, I wasn't sure you all were still there. Sorry, but I'll be there next time. I'm excited to see how the shots turned out though!

25. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Sounds good Barry!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.