main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Activities - Question?

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Skidder, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Since POR has more than a fair share of participants that are into costuming - has anyone found the Costuming board in Fan Activities useful?

2. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Its ok sometimes to see how other people made their costumes. But don't expect a lot of help from the "major" costumers. They don't tend to like to share info...even though that's what the board is about. I think its basically a bragging forum for them "praise me, love my costumes...". Sorry for being down on it but that's just how I feel.

3. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Thanks iycis. By the way I know you are getting armor - I have been looking into things on the web about premade armor - does it look good. Do you know anything about it?

4. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    What exactally do you mean "pre-made" armor? If you meen armor that has already been put together it has its advantages and its problems. The biggest problem with armor is the fit. Unbuilt kits are easier to fit to your frame then already built ones.

-Jack

5. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Mine is a kit. I don't really know anything about pre-made. And anyway, I'm so short that I'm forced to do it from a this way because I have to modify the hell out of it to make it fit. If you really don't want to bother putting it together, you could maybe buy some off of ebay. Don't know how good that is though...

This might be a little more trusted than ebay:
    http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6699&forum=93249782

Not sure if you have to login to view it. Think it may be in kit form still and not put together. Not that it really helps you but I'm just trying to come up with some options. Occasionally someone on the dented helmet sells their completed set.

6. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Skidder, there are many other sites that are about SW costuming and they can be very helpful at times.

The first one that comes to mind is Obi-Wan's Jedi Academy.

7. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Chris,
    I've added a ton of costuming resource links to our Yahoo group under the Links link. Check them out. If there's something specific you need, let us know. I'm sure one of us can point you in the right direction.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.