main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Film Advertising

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Ariadnae1, Aug 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Okay guys. We have little over a month before we are going to pull this thing off. We really need to think about making flyers, getting things on the community calenders and such. I will send something in to the community calendars, but I want everyones approval first. I was thinking something like this:

The Idaho Falls Star Wars Alliance (IFSWA) will be holding it's annual Fan Film Festival at the Idaho Falls Public Library on September 27, 2003. It will be from 9-9, and admission is a can of food. Proceeds will go to The Haven in Idaho Falls. For more information, call Doug or Erik.

So, what do you think? Let me know.

Erin

2. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    I already have a flyer designed, I need to make some final improvements to it.

The community calendar entry should probably say something about "... featuring fan-made films inspired by the Star Wars saga" or something like that because not everyone knows what a fanfilm is.

Also, I need to contact the Haven and make sure it's still ok for us to use their name and donate the food to them. I'll do that today.

3. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    it should also say something about "visit the website at http://fanfest.fateback.com/"

4. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    Then we should make a list of all the places to put the flyer, with big flashy pictures and such. We can post in the doors of Hastings, Blockbuster, and Hollywood Video, anywhere to catch people who like movies. Lets make a list of al the huge active bullentin boards around town, like the library and A Street Games downtown. They play SW the card game every Friday over there.

Do we have a census on how many 501sts are coming? Can you imagine the publicity and positive response that would occur if we appeared at Edwards 14 on the previous Friday the 26, with a Vader, some Troopers, and a few X wing pilots passing out flyers to everyone in line? My own x wing costume will be ready by then and I would love to do that and lead the charge if necessary.

What say you guys?

5. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    I think most 501st guys will be coming on Saturday not Friday night, but I'm not sure. No real count yet on how many, but it MAY be as many as 12-14.

Only 1 absolute confirmed, 5 or so "pretty darn sure" and a few other undecided. It depends on their work schedules.

The 1 "for sure" is the guy from Challis with Fett armor (both)

The theater idea is good, but last time we asked to hang flyers up over there and they wouldn't allow it, so I don't know if we could do it or not.

We could always blanket the parking lot windshields with flyers...

and I'm working on posters/flyers to hang up all over town.

Doug

6. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    OKay, I think this submission is good enough to send out.

The Idaho Falls Star Wars Alliance (IFSWA) will be holding it's annual Fan Film Festival at the Idaho Falls Public Library on Saturday September 27 from 9-9. Fan made films inspired by the Star Wars saga will be featured. Admission is a can of food. Proceeds will go to The Haven in Idaho Falls.
    For more information visit http://fanfest.fateback.com

So, what do you think? We need to get this to channel 8 and fox 31 asap to get the advertising started.

7. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    I have cleared this with Ann at the Haven, she's cool with us donating the food to them and using the name.... :D

So I think the posting is good except we should probably state 10am-9pm (check the schedule on the fanfest website)...

Doug

8. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    Okay, this week I sent the e-mailed our little tv promo thing to the community calendar on channel 8. Doug mentioned something about since I did this, we might get something in the paper? Was this true, or was I hearing things? Anyways, Fox 31, and Channel 8 have been given our info. I hope everyone approves.

9. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    The last time I submitted something online to the KIFI community calendar, it ended up in the Post Register community calendar as well (they're owned by the same folks...)

10. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    The press release will be up this afternoon. Sorry, I'm late, but it will be here very soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.