main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast Fan Force Awards 2006 ~ winners announced !!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Welcome to FanForce SamZimmerman! Sounds like you're in Portland, Maine going to school at USM.
    That would be quite the hike to get to Pittsburgh, PA!

~Doc_Bev

2. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    wow nicky you got all that from one line? you must really be a mind reader :p

3. SamZimmerman

SamZimmerman Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2006
    Eh. Any excuse to take a trip. Besides, Kurt Angle's hometown AND a con. I need no further reason. :)

Edit to add: Can you guess my blood type, weight, favorite color or finishing move, too? :)

4. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    well, its too bad we couldnt see you this awards... however the location of the awards change each year so, you never know it may even be closer to you next year :)

yeeehawww!

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Nope, not that good...
    Can only guess what you've already posted (and I've happened to read).

Don't forget in 2007 there will probably also be a Celebration IV trip to plan for.

~Doc_Bev

6. SamZimmerman

SamZimmerman Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2006
    Oh yes, there is that. Haven't done a Celebration yet, and me wanty.

7. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    as far as NJ attendance goes. I'm a definte and we have about 4 or so on the fence still. I'll see if i could convince them to get off their butts and come on out for the fun.

8. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    you go buster! Give em... uh....well, just nag em ;)

Remind them how much fun they will miss :)

and where is your costumed group photo for NJ? hmmmmmmmmm? o_O

9. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I have been asked if I would consider adding a fanffic award to the list. I dont have a problem adding this if any chapter thinks they have one they will submit before the April 6th deadline, I will add it. the fanfice must be posted online somewhere for me to link it for everyone to read and vote upon.

LEt me know ASAP if someone has one to submit since I will have to add this to the engraving order soon :)

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    WOW - we have a fanfilm submission ROCK ON!!!!! :)

we are now accepting Fanfic entries too .... so start sending those along! :)

11. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    this is a reminder that if your group has not submitted a csotumed phpto for the amidala award the deadline is tomoorw.

Also ALL fanfilm entries must be in by tomorrow.

I am currently accepting Only CR and yoda nominations right now till tomorrow. thats it :)

Thanks guys! Good Luck!!!!

12. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    was there another deadline for the other awards?

13. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    The deadline for everything is the 6th. this is because it only gives the RSA's one week to review the region and visit websites etc. The RSA's use those to vote on. we take all nominations into consideration. no worries.

Keep in mind that your chapters are watched all year round and even though all nominations arent in.... every chapter is considered in the review process. The nominations everyone sends in help with that process. ;)

I hope that clears things up.

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Will the nominations be posted on this board somewhere for chapters to see?

~Doc_Bev

15. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    nopers ;) its all a surpise. We didnt announce them last year either and people were very excited that way ;)

sorry guys!!!

16. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    You will post the nominees and winners after the event, right strawbary?

17. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    LOL the same proceedure will apply as last time.... the nominees are actually put in the awards program you are handed that evening as you walk in the door. ;) After careful consideration the nominees are narrowed down to the final 3 or 4.

Keep in mind... for example best website..... the entire ne region who has a website...are nominees. LOL so... u just cant list them all.. they have to be narrowed down.

The awards nominees/winners were anounced in this forum last time after the event I will dig up the thread for you.

We also have a website now that will give more up to date info. This site will be used all year round for news on where the next one will be held as well as winner info and event highlights.

I will post the link as soon as I get the green light from our webmaster its okies for viewing :)

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I had assumed when the sticky post stated "All nominees will be announced on April 7th." that we would see a listing of nominees on or shortly after that date.

In my opinion, there would be the potential for more people to decide to attend the awards ceremony if they knew their chapter had the potential for winning an award.

~Doc_Bev

19. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Yes that can work in the opposite way as well. For all those who werent nominated, wouldnt go either ;)

I will repeat myself one more time and say ALL the RSA's vote on the region and narrow it down to the final 3 or 4 nominees. This process is currently underway.

Again, consider all chapters in the NE a nominee at this point. we take into consideration all nominations sent in. The reason attached to those nominations are all taken into consideration during the voting process.

I know everyone is excited however everyone must let the process run its course. [face_peace]

I am excited too believe me. :D

Remember, this was started so that chapters from all over the NE could meet and have a more community feel in the region. So the incentive for chapters to attend would be... FUN !!!

Now I hate to run off however, I have a million things to do before the awards. I look forward to seeing everyone there. [:D]

I will post updates if any as I get them

Later taters!!! :cool:

20. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    We had a blast. I hope we weren't too rowdy.

It was great to meet some fellow FFers and hang out!

Kudos to Strawbary for puting it all together.=D= =D=

21. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    thanks Chris...... its really tough to put on a show that elaborate with only about 15 minutes of sound check and rehearsing with people who are from all over the country LOL

so considering that ...I think it went well.. :)

And yes by the way you guys were absolutely too roudy and are banned from future awards events :p

(just kidding)

I also want to note on here that New Jersey has volunteered to host the next awards. :) YAY ! GO jersey!!!!

I think there is a con in july supermega fest? not sure those things are still ging to be tossed around. At any rate at least its a heads up for next year. We do have a website now for the awards where updates and pics can be submitted and update annoucements as well.

I think though Marie offered to have it at her house awards / BBQ so ... hmmm may go there providing Gary wheres his kilt.... ;) Just kidding marie - we wont invade your house however gary still has to where his kilt. perhaps we should have the kilt brigade attend the next awards? I think greencat would love that !!! :)

ok ok but at any rate - here are the list of winners:

Queen Amidala Award (best costuming group)
    nominees - Rochester, Buffalo, NJO and Maine
    Winner - Buffalo

Luke Award (most improved group)
    nominees - Rochester, Philly, pittsburgh, maine and buffalo
    Winner - Philly

Leia Award (most charitable)
    nominees - rochester and Buffalo
    Winner - Rochester

C3PO Award (most talkative forum)
    nominees - Washington DC,Buffalo and Pittsburgh
    Winner - Buffalo

Vader Award (best forum banner)
    nominees- Buffalo, NYC, Pittsburgh, Rhode Island,DC and richmond
    Winner - Washington DC

R2D2 Award (best website)
    nominees - Buffalqo, NYC, Norfolk,philly and Pittsburgh
    Winner - Buffalo

Chewie Award (best Fanfilm)
    Winner - Pittsburgh

Padme Award (best chapter rep)
    Nominees - Buffalo, Rochester and Pittsburgh
    Winner - Rochester (doc-Bev)

Yoda Award (Star wars dedication)
    Winner - Entire Pittsburgh Chapter

Special awards

Liason Award - (continues to bridge the gap between Fanforce and Other SW organizations)
    Winner - Darren Blum

Pittsburgh decided to take it upon themselves and make an award and not friggin tell me till the middle of the show when they presented it. Talk about throwing me off for the rest of the night LOL

Mon mothma Award (event planning)
    Winner - strawbary

(thanks guys that was really sweet! )

those are the awards and winners. =D=

I hope everyone had a great time. None of this is at all possible without the help of all the GSA'S/RSA's who voted and also EVERYONE in the region for all their volunteering and excellent work they have done.

These awards are intended to bring the region closer together and to have fun. I hope everyone had just that... fun!!!!

I look forward to seeing everyone again at the next awards not to mention see some new faces there as well!

Congrats to ALL the nominees and winners!!!

A very very special thanks to everyone who particiapted in the planning and ehtertainment for this. the awards wouldnt have worked without you. :)

I cant forget to thank Itorian and Darth raptor for their wonderful entertainment during the improv and live performances from Ithorian. I have a few on video I will try to upload to the website. :)

there are just so many people involved and so many to thank. Just know that you guys all rock and its not at all possible without everyone working together.

and one more note on the awards..... KILTS ARE HOT!!!![face_love]

22. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Holy Crap! We won something? Cool!

Thanks! I wish we/I could've been there.

I'm sure we'll see everyone in Jersey next year. ;)

BTW, kilts are dumb!

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/cujo/conventions/farpoint2006/farpointper202006per20051.jpg]

Uhhhh, I mean cool! :p

23. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    yes you guys actually won something! congrats!!!!

and nice kilt BTW ;)

24. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Congrats everyone!

25. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    The awards were fun I had a blast. Looking foward having them in Jersey Strawbary I'll get you some details on the cons and such.

RJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.