main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Fanboys: Did you miss it? Don't fret! DVD release date set for May 19. The anniverssary of TPM.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    This one is late as well and I can't find my email from the 501st.

But, Fanboy's is playing at Market Street Cinema... There will be a group going this Friday night (the 27th). Kynstar has the info and I think she's planning to go so if you need a bit more information just get a hold of her.

It's funny and worth the trip to see it!

2. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Sorry I missed you guys Friday. I went on the first showing on Saturday. My wife and I were the only ones in there!
    I have to say I wasn't that impressed with the movie.
    What version did we end up getting? The original, the new weinstien cut or some combination of the two?

3. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I believe that was more true to the first version since the Cancer bit was still in there.

The footage shown at Celebration 4 was still in there...

So, I'm not sure which version that was...

Sorry you missed us... Be on the lookout we'll be having a group cook-out/meet and greet soon...

4. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Well, if you missed the movie while it was here:

FANBOYS comes to DVD on May 19th from Genius Products and The Weinstein Company.

Driven by passion, friendship and the power of the Force, four buddies hit the road in search of a galaxy far, far away in FANBOYS ... A raucous road trip comedy fueled by heart and an untainted love of the greatest movie saga of all time, FANBOYS follows a group of Star Wars fans as they hilariously attempt the impossible. Their mad plan: to break into George Lucas' Skywalker Ranch to see Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace a full six months before its worldwide release.

The FANBOYS DVD is priced at $19.97 and comes loaded with Special Features including:

- Deleted Scenes
    - Commentary with the Cast & Crew
    - The Truth about Fanboys
    - Star Wars Parallel
    - Four Fanboys & One Fangirl
    - The Choreography
    - Disturbances in the Force: A Series of Webisodes

"Fanboys is still gong strong nine weeks into our limited theatrical run, and heading into international markets, but I am truly excited because now every fan will finally have the opportunity to see the film. It's a perfect release date because May 19th is also the 10 year anniversary of The Phantom Menace!"

FANBOYS stars Sam Huntington (Superman Returns), Chris Marquette (The Girl Next Door), Dan Fogler (Balls of Fury), Jay Baruchel (Knocked Up) and Kristen Bell (Forgetting Sarah Marshall), and features cameos from Star Wars alums Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams and Ray Park, along with Seth Rogen, Danny McBride, Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes, Danny Trejo, Christopher MacDonald, Jamie King, Will Forte, Craig Robinson, Ethan Suplee and William Shatner!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.