main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Well, considering that I've fixed the truncation on all of them...I'd like it if you started from the beginning with Star Wars: Death and Life. Either that, or the Tales from the Corps Anthology that TrakNar and I co-authored. :)

If you want me to link to them all in my ideal reading order, send me a PM...

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    y u tag me

Have you played any pranks for April Fools?

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    TrakNar (and now I'm doing it too), he was just telling me about a fan fiction piece he cowrote with you, in answer to my question. No harm meant. :)

Goodwood, what's the origin of the forum name "Goodwood"?

4. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Sadly, I haven't actually invested the time needed to play a convincing prank. The most I've been able to do is attempt some verbal gag such as proclaiming, with a straight face, that I was joining the Republican Party and that the neoconservatives and godbotherers had it right.

I picked it back in 1998 after getting my first computer as a high school graduation present, which enabled me to become "serious" on the Internet and not just dabbling with it while in school. My first handle, from that period, was "Nashdude" but you can see why I'd want to ditch it. So one day, while sitting on the sofa watching television, I began to cast my mind about for a more appropriate nickname, one that I could own and have others identify me with. Well, while flipping channels I happened to land on the Speed Channel, where they were doing a thing about the Goodwood Festival of Speed in Chichester, England.

It just popped into my head that that was the name to take, and it simply felt right. Stuck with it ever since. ;)

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I will ask you a question. Are you happy now?

:p

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    What foods do you like to cook for yourself?

7. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    More or less. Could use a hug, though. :)

There's one dish I'm particularly fond of, but it's more something to be enjoyed by a group, called "Taco Mess." Though it's really just taco salad made with Doritos and meat cooked and simmered in taco seasoning with cheese melted on top. Big hit at parties, that is... ;)

As for foods for me...I love a good hamburger.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I don't know when or whether we've switched over but Goodwood - you were a articulate, insightful, and fun 'subject.' :D =D=

Findswoman likes this.
  9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I will be announcing the next subject in a couple minutes. This brings an end to Goodwood's ffama.

EDIT: Alright! Normally this is Mav's job, but seeing as she's away, I used her random method and got divapilot as our next subject.

Also, just a note, we are doing this by the seat of our pants, so we aren't warning people, just shoving them in, so if you have signed up, be prepared that any Friday, it could be you! (If you've volunteered).

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Divapilot! [:D] [:D] How did you come up with such a unique username? @};-

11. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Sisterpilot! Are you still writing poetry?

12. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    How did you find your way to Star Wars?

13. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Hello!!! Looks like I'm at bat!

@Nyota'sHeart: How did you come up with such a unique username?

"Divapilot" goes back quite a long way to when my kids were little (they are big now). We used to play Star Wars Battlefront together, and my daughter was particularly good at flying the ships around in Battlefront II. I, however, was spectacularly bad at it and generated howls of laughter from my kids as I slammed one ship after another into the side of a building, ship, etc. My daughter's nickname is Diva and since she was such a good pilot, I took the user name Divapilot when I played Battlefront. It kinda made its way over here too.

@Jadepilot: Are you still writing poetry?

Yes and no. I am not writing as much poetry as I once was. I'm not writing anything fiction-wise lately. I do have a couple of unfinished novels though, and I still read a lot of poetry. Thanks for asking, though!

@Anakin Solo Revanchist: How did you find your way to Star Wars?

I was on board with Star Wars from 1977. I was in high school then and I thought it was the COOLEST movie I ever saw. I developed a huge crush on Mark Hamill, and I thought Leia absolutely rocked it. Loved, loved, loved it. Then I went to college, got married, etc etc etc. So one day years later I am in the library, poking around for something new to read, and I came across the Thrawn Trilogy. I read that on a whim and loved it. I've been back in various degrees of fanhood since.

14. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    divapilot, Please quote the questions you are answering, thanks.

15. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Favorite poets?

16. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    What do you like to do in your spare time?

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Have you always lived in New England?

18. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Have you enjoyed this lovely winter?

Nyota's Heart Thank you very much for that praise, it is welcome indeed. May I reciprocate the sentiment and offer thanks for your following and replies to my DDC '14?

19. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    And we have a new face! [:D]

Alrighty then . . . What is your favorite go-to book when you want to curl up with something and read? :)

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite TV show growing up?

21. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    @ jadepilot: favorite poets?

Well, it depends on my mood. Older, classic poets - I like Elizabeth Bishop, T. S. Eliot, LOVE Walt Whitman. Modern poets, I like Taylor Mali, Billy Collins, Sean Forbes, James Merrill, Naomi Shihab Nye.

Anakin Solo Revanchist: what do you do in your spare time?

Tonight, watch my beloved UConn play basketball! Otherwise, I like to knit, travel, draw, go to the movies. I read a lot too. Nothing too unusual, I'm afraid.

Nyota's Heart: Have you always lived in New England?

Yes, born here and never moved. I live on the Connecticut/Rhode Island border. I love the beach in the summer. It's quiet out here. I spent summers in upstate Vermont when I was a kid, so I have a soft spot for the Green Mountains, too.

@ Anakin Solo Revanchist: Have you enjoyed this lovely winter?

ACK! You know, the first snowfall of the year IS lovely. But after the fifth, and sixth, and seventh, let's just say shoveling out the driveway gets really old. And it was so cold this year! We were still dodging snowstorms as of last week, and I'm still scraping he frost off the car in the morning. I'm ready for some nice warm days.

@ Mira Jade: what's your favorite go-to book to curl up with?

Hmmm. I have so many favorite books. My all time favorite is The Great Gatsby. I love how Fitzgerald writes. My daughter has introduced me to John Green's novels, and I like those too, and I really enjoy Neil Gaiman's work.

@ Nyota's Heart: Favorite TV show growing up?

Oh, you'll love this: Star Trek! I was a little kid in the 60's (yeah, I'm that old). The Apollo missions were all in the news, and anything seemed possible. I loved Uhura. She was so smart and beautiful, and everyone respected her. I thought she was soooo cool. I imagined myself as her. She was amazing.

I also liked The Partridge Family, mainly because I had a schoolgirl junior high crush on David Cassidy. But it annoyed me to no end that the girls played tambourine and keyboards, and not guitar.

22. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    You mentioned kids—how old are they, and can you recommend a good age for kids' first exposure to SW? :)

23. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Sorry, but having lived in Kentucky previously, I'm gonna have to root for UK :p

Have you traveled out of the country at all?

ginchy likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, divapilot I loved! your answer. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] I'll hold in my fangirl gush however [face_laugh] over Nyota and how I really imagine I'm her especially now =P~ [face_love] !!!!

What writing milieu or environment really helps you to write?

25. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Whatever happened to your SW/Little House crossover?

ginchy and Findswoman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.