main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanfic Nominating?

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 5' started by JediMasterAmanda, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    This sounds like a crazy city. I lived in D.C. for a few months and I saw some crazy ****. But I was really never afraid to interact with anyone on the streets. It might have been 2 in the morning and I would still converse with homeless guys.

I've also never heard of drug dealers punching potential clients. Seems counter-productive.

2. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I was in NYC and some guy rolled down a taxi window and asked me if I needed any crack.

I responded, "No thanks, I'm good."

He nodded and drove off.

True story.

3. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    NZ is the most peacful country in the world.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/newzealand/5433581/New-Zealand-named-worlds-most-peaceful-nation.html

But it comes at a price. It probably tops the list of most boring countries also.

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    My most memorable encounter, though not a criminal one, is also from my days in California. I was working in Burbank for a few days and there are quite a few recording studios there. We had resolved to talk to every person we met on the street this one day and that included parking lots. So we were passing this recording studio as a white guy walked out and we went over, started talking to him about the purpose of life and God's plan for us. He just flipped us off and drove off. It was Eminem.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    great story.

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Telling personal stories is one of my favorite things to do. I'm taking a course in personal essay-writing right now to refine it. :) So if I blabber a lot about what I've seen/done, that's why.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    great story.

8. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    because I don't venture outside of the JCC/Senate/Comms and FFUK forums I didn't appreciate there were proper mental people posting on these message boards.

it's like the "others" in Lost - staying on the same island but totally unaware of each other or much about each other at all.

so is there a good community spirit in fanfic ? or is there bitchyness when someone writes something negative about your favourite obscure EU character ?

9. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Read my sig. I'm so going to nomm!
    Though next year I might volunteer. Nothing going for me in Before anyway.[face_thinking]

I like the community at FanFic. People are nice there. :p
    So far, I haven't seen any bitching out, but I tend to be insensitive to drama... And, like here, I am usually on when the bigger part of the community is asleep.

10. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    so if I wrote a story about how Luke had a "thing" for droids, and that Chewie was caught being inappropriate with the solo twins then I'd be accepted with open arms into your community ?

11. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    If you managed to get that across in a way not violating the ToS - of course.
    If you don't manage to write it in a ToS friendly way, ask MacEwok about a place to post it...

12. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    I'm someone would read it...I wouldn't, but someone might. But there is any number of fanfics I haven't read so yeah

13. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    People read anything, I don't know why.

But my real FanFic problem seems to have followed me here: no comments...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.