main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanfilm, anyone?

Discussion in 'Archive: Connecticut' started by awhaley, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awhaley

awhaley Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2007
    Hello all!

I'm a third year grad student at UCONN studying theatre lighting and I'm going to be burning up
    all my free time this year shooting a Star Wars fanfilm. But the project will be impossible
    without a dedicated team of nerds(umm, fans) at my side! I have an art director, costumer,
    fight director, and plan to direct it myself... but I'm not going to say the project is a
    definite until I find a DP, an effects lead, and at least one additional CG artist to help the
    effects lead and myself out. I'm qualified to handle any of these three areas so I can help and
    guide a less experienced person; It's more important to me to find someone who can commit the
    time than someone with years of experience that's not going to be able to dedicate themself.

I'll be staffing and casting it largely from UCONN, but would love any outside help.
    If you're curious, feel free to shout at me; I'll drop perusal scripts and a little more info
    your way.

I threw a couple of examples of my effects work up for you to look at. These are both early
    clips - I've improved quite a bit since then - and neither clip is of my footage - I wasn't
    involved in direction, choreography or cinematography. In both cases I got pretty crummy DV
    footage and had to make it look like something in post. Anyway - the footage is up at:

Lightsaber Fight

Fantasy Film

Also, if anyone's interested in a less intense bit of almost Off Topic fun, some weekend in the
    next two months I'm going to shoot a Harry Potter style magic wand duel for the TFN Fan Films
    forum wand duel competition, so if you're interested in that, let me know.

Anyway, glad we have a forum again, Nutmeggers! Talk to you all soon!

Art

2. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    Hi Art,sounds great. One of members(of Docking Bay516)
    does a program called May The Fan films be with you.
    He is doing this program in LI tomorrow. More info.
    is on another the thread on the board.
    When your done you should send it to him.
    If you want his info. just let me know.

Best of luck

Rob (aka- Trooper T-KAOS)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.