main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal Favorite Female Character...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by GoddessJainaSoloFel, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Come and tell us who your favorite female Star Wars character is and why! :)

2. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    EASY!!

Princess Leia! cause she is HAWT!

Am I the only person who noticed a decided lack of female characters with good screen time in Star Wars?

3. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Well if we are discussing female movie characters, my vote would go for AOTC Padme. I really enjoyed her character in that particular episode (minus the cheesy love scenes). She has a diverse role as a politician with a worrior flare. The idea of forbidden love and the way she has her internal conflict till love wins out is really interesting to observe. Oh, let's face it, she had the best wardrobe! :D

~*~

If we are discussing charaters from the EU then I would have to say both Mara and Jaina tie for me.

I love Mara pre NJO as her character is developed in Zahn's novels especially in the Hand of Thrawn Duology when we really see Mara mature and there is an acceptance of her past dealings with the Emperor. I like her strength, her wit, and her skills. She is a very dynamic and interesting character to read.

I really like Jaina in the NJO particularly from Star By Star onward. I enjoyed her brief encounter with the Dark Side as depicted in Cunningham's Dark Journey and novella The Apprentice. You witness more of the slide in The Apprentice however and many haven't read that addendum to Dark Journey. I enjoy the pilot banter in the Twin Suns and the love triangle with Jag and Kyp keeps things interesting as well. She is an awesome pilot and does Han proud. I was not so keen on her character in the Dark Nest Novels though but am hoping her character will redeem itself in the upcoming Legacy series!

4. Sonya_Antana-Sky

Sonya_Antana-Sky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2005
    No way! My favorite is definitely Leia. Don't know exactly why. I just liked her the first time I saw SW. Because she's real independant. Other people often think that because you're like that, you don't have feelings. They just don't understand anything. I like SW fanfic and books because they usually let us see characters in more details. We can follow thier thoughts.

Leia is a much more interesting lady than people usually think. Well, people who don't know SW really well...

My favorites stories about her are Tatooine Ghost, Planet of Twilight, Children of the Jedi and Zahn's books, not to mention all the fanfic I've read over the years.

I wonder why I didn't notice this thread before...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.