main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Feelin' attracted by aliens ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PrinceXizor, Aug 4, 2001.

?

Feelin' attracted by aliens ?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Bothan (Asyr Sei'lar, Borsk Fey'lya)

6.5%
  2. Twi'lek (Dia Passik, Tal'dira)

35.5%
  3. Gamorrean (Bullyak, Piggy)

1.6%
  4. Wookies (Mallatobuck, Chewie)

3.2%
  5. Mon Calamari (Cilghal, Ackbar)

1.6%
  6. Ewok (Kneesaa, Kettch)

1.6%
  7. Yuuzhan Vong (Elan, Tsavong Lah)

1.6%
  8. Hutt (Gardulla, Jabba)

1.6%
  9. Falleen (Savan, Xizor)

9.7%
  10. Huh... No, thanks ! (I'm in an Imperial mood right now ;) )

37.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AurraMouse

AurraMouse Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 1, 2001
    Oh man, you can say what ever you want, but I still dont get what's wrong with cross species relationships.
    As long as two beings love each other, what's the problem

2. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    i don't see whats the problem, so its wrong for an italian and irish to breed to gether.

3. III_Vir_RPC

III_Vir_RPC Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2001
    *sigh*

That is a grotesque distortion of the argument being made.

An Italian is a member of the same species as an Irishman. They are both Homo sapiens. It is a matter of cultural differences in that case, not a matter of genetic differences.

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Your arguement was a gross distortion of the meaning of the word. It could refer to black, and white, as much as jewish, and catholic.

5. exar-tull

Feb 22, 2001
    love is the most important things, if two people love enough to give up the possablity of have nautralborn(woumb)childern who are you to say no you can't.

6. III_Vir_RPC

Jun 14, 2001
    The argument made use of the word in its simplest form---love of aliens. Bandying semantics will not change the fact that the statement continued to make references to "cross-species" acts of sexual nature.

It is, therefore, only through intentional distortion of the argument that one may apply it to questions of racial or religious nature. It is dishonest to suggest that the argument applies to Italians and Irishmen, or to Jews and Roman Catholics, becuase in terrestrial terms, these are all members of the same species. The argument specifically stated that acts of a sexual nature performed by two or more individuals of separate species were perverted. You are, in effect, employing a scarecrow tactic.

7. exar-tull

Feb 22, 2001
    i was letting the anger get the best of me because of your ignorence. i aplogize and will waste no more time argueing with you.

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Your using the same arguement that hitler and others through history used. that some cultures or races were seperate species, less than human. you've proven yourself to be a total bigot or maybe your saying a mule is a perversion of nature, because it's from two differnet species(which ever one)?

Or what about the races that humans are theoriezed to evolved from? which was through cross species breeding and evolution.

I guess by that all humans are perversions of nature, not fit to live, by your beliefs.

9. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    III_Vir_RPC

Why is sexual interaction between humans on earth and other species consiodered perverted?Cause..it's raping and animal and just downright perverted.

But in the SW universe,where there are many different sentient species it's quite different.As long as the two members of the seperate species are sentient,and the relationship is consensual I see nothing wrong with it.

It's not like raping an animal. :p

"Unlearn what you have learned."

10. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    According to my dictionnary, perversion : "more or less exclusive search of sexual pleasure outside of coit with a partner of a comparable age and from opposite sex." (sorry if it's not really good English, but I translated it from my French dictionnary)

Now this definition is, IMO, no longer applicable. Today, calling homosexuality a perversion is considered as bad as racism, I think.

Personnaly, I think a perversion should be defined that way : "exclusive search of sexual pleasure with a non-consentent partner or a partner that is not in physical or psychological state to refuse the act"

So, zoophilia, pedophilia are perversion, because neither animal, neither kid is really capable of refusing the act.

Now, on the contrary, to go back to SW, having sexual relationship with other sentient species is not a perversion, as long as the species in question is totally aware of the act and fully capable of refusing it.

And Falleens... Well, yes, Falleens are perverts when they use their pheromones to obtain what they want. At least, when they use the pheromones intentionally...

11. III_Vir_RPC

Jun 14, 2001
    Valiento, your insistent distortion of the argument and deliberate use of dishonest tactics renders this discussion pointless. If you are not willing to cease employing ad hominem tactics and actually address the argument as it is presented, then this has become an exercise in futility.

12. exar-tull

Feb 22, 2001
    your just angry because people are pointing out the holes of your arguement.

13. III_Vir_RPC

Jun 14, 2001
    Really.

Please, then, reiterate these alleged holes in the argument.

14. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "ad hominem"

what you think you've been doing(by condemning for doing it, you have left holes in your own arguement)? your going by your own religious doctrinal upbringing, and your own feelings on the matter. Some of which I to have learned myself, from my religious upbringing. "I was bringing in the world's oppinions and definitions on the matter(some what devil advocatly, since I am not going to give up my own moral beliefs), and you start saying I'm going by my own feelings. Well you've proven yourself to be rather hypocritical.

15. exar-tull

Feb 22, 2001
    valietno said it. he beat me to it.

16. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    when has anyone mentioned their religious beliefs?

the discussion was humans and other species, not variations of the human race. You keep harping on that and calling people racists and bigots for no reason.

yes, a mule is a perversion, a hybrid. but IIIvirrpc is saying if reproduction is not possible that is why it's wrong so that argument doesn't even apply.

exartull-yes I'm afraid I don't have erotic fantasies when watching the discovery channel. if that makes me selfrighteous I'm proud to be a pompous butthead.

Seeing as how humans are the only sentient species on this planet, valiento and other's arguments are extremely disturbing.

a society that doesn't judge anyone else is pure chaos. that's the way the world is going and I hope I don't live to see it. wrong is still wrong, technological progress doesn't change moral standards.

17. exar-tull

Feb 22, 2001
    you genreal tone lead me to that, i would never think of saying anythink like that to you. however you put the worse example in your arguement you should of chosen a better example.

18. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    suncrusher said:

"when has anyone mentioned their religious beliefs?"

which I bring up, what vpc, said:

"which, needless to say, is an abomination."

Which is a word the Bible uses, and world doesn't not endorse in the Political Correct day in age. It's still tied to Religous trappings, infact it means:

"Main Entry: abom·i·na·tion
    Pronunciation: &-"bä-m&-'nA-sh&n
    Function: noun
    Date: 14th century
    1 : something abominable
    2 : extreme disgust and hatred : LOATHING"

which leads to:

Main Entry: ha·tred
    Pronunciation: 'hA-tr&d
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from hate + Old English r[AE]den condition -- more at KINDRED
    Date: 12th century
    1 : HATE
    2 : prejudiced hostility or animosity <old racial prejudices and national hatreds -- Peter Thomson>

Hatred leading to destruction, and being pure bigotry, and prejudice.

Since most prejudice comes from religious Heritage, then I infured(If i'm wrong about religious(i'm sorry), i'm not wrong about the prejudice and racism, and Non-politically correct assumptions), that is what still wrong.

By that its being hypocritical by injecting his own Morality on other's beliefs(ad hominem, etc).

19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Kriff it people! Always put "OTHER" on the polls!!!!

Chiss! Gotta love the erotic blue skin and those mezmerizing glowing red eyes! *sees a Chiss female walk by and tries to get her number*

20. AurraMouse

AurraMouse Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 1, 2001
    This is way out of hand. I'm sorry I even tried to contribute to this arguement before.
    All I can say now is "Must we all try to shove our beliefs down each other's throuts."
    There's plenty of room for this stuff in the real world. Cant we all just go back to our Star Wars discussions when our biggest debates were about canon.
    <runs to avoid flying tomatoes>

21. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I think that every one here has stated some very good points, and (at the risk of sounding too diplomatic) from a certain point of view, you are all right.

However, I would like to ask III_Vir_RPC some thing. Do you consider any type of consensual sex, without the intent to reproduce, to be wrong?

22. III_Vir_RPC

Jun 14, 2001
    In a word? Yes.

23. The_Answer

The_Answer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2001
    borrrrrring..........

24. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Not that I am going to say that you are flat out wrong, but even you will have to admit that that is somewhat a controversial standpoint. At the very least, it?s a debatable one.

25. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    that's a bit of a stretch dude.

anyways in the bible it's usually used in describing idolatry and sacrilege.

"Or what about the races that humans are theoriezed to evolved from?"

so, your basing your belief and logic on an unproved theory. apparently hypocrisy is running rampant through this thread.

but I don't see basing arguments on possibly correct beliefs being illogical or hypocritical.

basically, I find interspecies relationships disgusting, not for religious reasons and I don't like seeing religion blamed for any perceived "wacko" beliefs.no hard feelings, I just love to argue.

exartull-I picked an example for shock value :) Got your attention didn't it? Don't tell me society can't get that bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.