main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fever (Harmless, light JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    I guess this is really an extended snapshot but I figured it was long enough to have its own thread. Light and fluffy JA story. That's about all I can say. :) Thanks to Jane Jinn for letting me borrow An-Paj, Mouse for Rela, Edna, Tuffy and Brak and to Healer Leona for the use of Leona. :)

TITLE: Fever

* BEEP *

"Go away!" Jemmiah growled at the holoterminal. "I'm busy! Can't you see that?"

It was always the same, she reflected unhappily. Whenever she had somewhere she had to be in a rush, that would be the very second that she received a call. She actually hoped for a brief moment it would be someone trying to sell her something, like cheap windows or a new and revolutionary form of washing powder, so that she could pick a fight with them. Sith, she was ready to give them a screaming match if they wanted it?

//No. Ignore it.// She urged herself. //You're not obliged to answer it.//

* BEEP *

"Shove off!" Jemmy yelled, as she stared at her reflection in the mirror, hair all over the place, sweeping it away from her face with such a violent movement that she nearly scalped herself with hair-entangled fingers. "OWCH! Look what you made me do! How's a girl supposed to get ready to go out on the town with all these persistent interruptions? Gimme a break!"

* BEEP *

"I've only got?" she locked hastily down at her wrist chrono, "?three and a quarter hours to get ready, and that's cutting it fine! So do me a favor and just kriff off!"

Silence.

Jemmiah blinked, surprised.

"Huh!" She pulled an uncomplimentary face at the holo transmitter, feeling somewhat miffed that it had cut out without putting up a good fight. Tame competition indeed! "Well, you couldn't have wanted anything important, could you?"

A hasty brush at her hair didn't do very much to change its appearance. It still hung in a thick mass of tangled chestnut, maddeningly wavy and contrary, always seeming to do what it wanted as opposed to what she wished. Oh, for hair like Rela's! Proper curls, not the crimpy spirals that she had been cursed with. Straight hair would have been nice too, but oh no! The force couldn't even have got that right!

"I hate the force." Jemmy tossed her hairbrush to one side.

She scooped her hair up into a Nerf's tail, so that it stood up on her head like a palm tree. It would have to do for the time being. Ben always had complimentary things to say about her hair, even when she herself was despairing over it. At first she thought he was just being nice but now she realized that he genuinely liked it. Then again Jemmiah had discovered that he just had an obsession about red hair in general.

//It's not as red as Rela's hair.// Jemmiah mused, posing infront of the mirror and giving a series of little half twirls, first one side and then the other. //I often wonder why Ben and Rela never dated each other. You know, I have a good mind to ask them. Just out of curiosity.//

* BEEP! *

"Oh, not you again!" Jemmy gritted her teeth and headed straight over to the holoterminal, relishing the prospect of being able to tell the person on the other end of the transmission to stick their head in the food prep unit. "Right! This is war! If I'm late for my day out with Spider and Rela you are soooooo dead! Do you hear me? Sheesh! Where's Evla when you need her?"

Evla of course was at the crèche, tending to all the disgusting babies and slavering toddlers that dwelt within the chamber of horrors known as the nursery. How she could stand it was completely beyond Jemmiah, who was of the opinion that children should be removed from sight until they were old enough to ask for swoop flying lessons. Her guardian however seemed to adore the young children and the Corellian just couldn't see the attraction whatsoever. Then again she sometimes couldn't understand what had made Evla offer to take her in either. What had she ever seen in her?

"Certainly couldn't have been my mad hair that appealed to her!" Jemmy grumbled, rolling up her dressing gown sleeves and stalking the holoterminal like it was

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I just love it when things go awry because of miscommunication. By the time An-Paj was calling for 'suited-up' reinforcements I was laughing hysterically and still am!! :D :D Obi-Wan's squeal of distress was great too. No big surprise where his mind turned once he was feeling better... sassy Padawan!!

And I'm all for calling the infirmary. I'm sure there's a healer just waiting to take care of Qui-Gon!! :D ;)

That was fantastic Jemmy!!

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Awe that was wonderful Jemmy! :)

4. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    OMG! That was too funny Jem!!

Trust a sick Obi-Wan to cause a galaxy wide panic because he only wants Jemmy around and no healers. Then again Brak and Mrs. K weren't that much help either! ;)

Absoutely faboo Jem! :D :D :D

5. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    "JEDI TEMPLE IN BUG SCARE! KILLER DISEASE HITS CORUSCANT AS PADAWAN FALLS VICTIM!" Screamed the headlines. "AN UNNAMED JEDI APPRENTICE FIGHTS FOR HIS LIFE!"

[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.