main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Final AOTC trailer & talking w management

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by k kanos, Feb 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    I just heard that the final AOTC trailer is supposed to be attached w "Ice Age" which is due for release March 15th. Based upon our discussion at our NAD meeting last weekend, I was thinking why not kill two birds with one stone. We could use this as an opportunity to not only see the trailer, but speak with management about lining up for tickets also. We of course need to find what day the new manager would be there and a convenient time to speak with her.

Toymaster, since your friend works at the Thourougbred, could you look into that at the end of the month please? Thanks :)

What do you all think ?[face_plain]

We could use this thread to coordinate this meeting/ trailer viewing trip.

2. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    My wife and I were planning on taking our daughter to see Ice Age, so we could go if it was on a Saturday.

3. guber

guber Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    Actualy that was Biggs327's(Daniel) friend who works at the theator. I know how to get in touch with him also.

4. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    DOH :eek: Thanks :) Supposedly the stern manager they have right now isn't leaving until the end of the month. Hopefully this new manager will be much more accomodating.

5. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    what is ice age about?

6. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Its a kids movie that uses computer graphics animation and follows the travels of some animals that lived during the ice age. Basically kind of like Disney's "Dinosaure". You can check out the Ice Age trailer It looks amusing. I personally wouldn't go to see this movie in the theater if it wasn't for the AOTC trailer.

7. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    If you want me to come along to speak with the management, my days off are Thursday/Friday.

8. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    It would appear that we are going that Friday then (March 15th). We may want to try to get there early before the Friday night rush then. If all else fails, I can go with you on my lunch hour, but I don't know how many others have that kind of flexibility in their schedules. We'll just have to play it by ear and see when the manager is available too. Like we discussed in our meeting, 3-5 people would probably be plenty to represent our group. Let's just hope the new manager welcomes our patronage. Thanks Hama :)

9. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    GET THOSE VCRs READY!!!

This just in from Entertainment weekly:

''When Good Jedi Go Bad!'' On March 10, the latest two-and-a-half-minute tease for ''Attack of the Clones'' will hit screens -- but not the big silver kind. In a synergistic masterstroke, the Fox network (sister to ''Star Wars'' distributor Twentieth Century Fox) will air the trailer just before 9 p.m. EST between slightly abbreviated episodes of ''Malcolm in the Middle'' and ''The X-Files,'' making it the first ''Wars'' preview to debut on TV.
    ''We went to Fox [TV] with this and obviously they jumped at the idea,'' explains Lucasfilm VP of marketing Jim Ward. ''It's a win-win situation for everyone.'' The strategy isn't all corporate back-scratching, insists Ward. ''TV hits a lot of eyeballs.'' And fans will still be able to see the trailer in theaters --exclusively attached to Fox's animated ''Ice Age,'' opening March 15, and likely in front of ''E.T.'' and others later in March.

Check out this cool picture of Jackson as Mace:
    [image=http://i.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/020227/165956__star_l.jpg]

:D :D :D

It's up to you guys if you want to try to see the same trailer with 'Ice Age'. I personally really have no big desire to see 'Ice Age' in the theater. I would have just gone to see the trailer, but if you all want to get together for it, I'm game. ;)

I was also wondering if you all wanted to try to go see "The Time Machine" next Friday? I think we may still want to wait until the 14th or 15th to talk to the new manager so that she can get settled in to her new job for a couple of weeks. :)

10. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I am all for seeing "The Time Machine" next Friday AND "Ice Age." I will probably sit through all of IA, because I kinda want to see that.

Please, don't throw popcorn at me... [face_laugh]

11. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Ice Age looked like it might be fun, too. I'm game for either/both.

12. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    I'll be there for whatever movie we see.

13. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Alright, after seeing that trailer yesterday, I gotta see it on the big screen :D . Who's all up for seeing Ice Age Friday evening?

Also, I'm still trying to get word on whether or not the new manager is in. If not, what do you guys (Hama & Elan-rai & anyone else) say in just meeting with the regional manager say, Thursday or Friday at lunch time, if he's available (BTW, I only have an hour for lunch) ;) The evenings always seem to be packed there, so I was thinking that it might be better to meet a lunchtime. Its up to you guys and the manager's schedule . Evenings are actually better for me, but like I said its alway so crowded then. I'm also going to contact the rep from the NDRF this week and talk to her about charity involvement for our group prior to us meeting with management.

14. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I am already there for Ice Age. :D

As for meeting with the Regional Manager, I can't do it Thursday. Friday, I am off so I can probably go with you then. I know Dylan and I are planning on getting together in the morning or mid-afternoon anyway, so it's cool.

15. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I can meet any time on Friday.

16. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Hell yes I have to see it in the theatre. Any time on Friday.

17. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    I just spoke with a person with the district office for Carmike Cinemas. I told her that I was the Nashville STAR WARS fan chapter representative and explained to her that our group had hoped to line-up overnight for tickets for STAR WARS at the Thoroughbred 20 I told her we wanted to work cohesively with management while doing this in order to make it a safe, and enjoyable experience for both the fans in line as well as the theater management. I also told her that for the last STAR WARS movie line up at H27 everything went smoothly and there were no incidences, but that because of the Thoroughbred's great theaters, reputation, and being in a safer area, we had decided to line-up there with of course management's permission. I originally asked if she could put me in touch with the regional manager, but she stated that she will have to speak with Corporate regarding the lease on that building and see if they will allow the line and if so, the may require extra security on that night. She asked for my phone number and said that she will get back to me within the week.

As far as meeting with Thoroughbred management goes, we can still plan on doing that once Carmike corporate management gives us the go ahead, but it will not be this week We would have needed corporate approval either way. Keep your fingers crossed ;)

BTW, if she says corporate will not permit us to line-up, I will be requesting to call corporate management to make a plea for our case.

18. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I think it'd be a HUGE mistake for corporate not to accept this. Surely they understand the sheer amount of media attention that will be brought in by this?

I will demand a grand outcry by the Star Wars public if they say no!! :D

19. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    If not, we'd be forced to take our business to Regal Cinemas, which I'm sure they wouldn't want.

20. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    I agree with both of you. If they choose to decline, like I said, I will be calling them to plea our case as well as explaining to them what an opportunity they would be passing up.

EDIT However, if the lease, or should I say liability insurance of the Thoroughbred does not cover if there were to be any accidents, then it may not matter what kind of publicity they would get. I can't imagine thought that a business as large as the Thoroughbred would not have all the necessary documentation and coverage. What we really have going for us is past history. It is a known fact that fans will be lining up all over the country for tickets the night before they go on sale (period & amen :) )

I just felt compelled to call them again, as I did not feel that I explained to her the great potential for media coverage. I also told her that the FOX corporate office is contacting the fan chapters wanting to know where the line-ups are going to be. She told me that she understood and that she is currently trying to get hold of coroporate and that she will get back to me as soon as she gets an answer from them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.