main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO First Official Meeting!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LukeSkiewalker, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    As many of you know we have been planning to have our first official meeting on April 26 from 10am to 1pm. For more info PM me or go to the home page.

EDIT: Topic locked because meeting has already been held

2. JediDBM

JediDBM Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2003
    We need a link to the home page, I am anxious to see it myself. Or have you already provided a link and I missed it? :)

3. JediDBM

Jan 22, 2003
    I am sending my regrets, I know this meeting was scheduled around the fact that I asked for a morning meeting, because 95% of the time I dont work until 2:00 in the afternoon. I just got next weeks schedule lastnight and I am scheduled to work this Saturday (26th) from 10AM to 7PM. I dont know what to say or think. Do NOT try to reschedule this meeting, I will figure something out, I don't know what but I will work on it this week. I am so very sorry, but work has got to come first.

4. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    yeah, i work Saturday 11:30-4, and I live almost an hour away, so I really can't make it. :(... maybe next time!

5. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    To clarify when I said Home page I meant TFN FanForce Home. Also, I am sorry to hear that some of you will be unable to come. I encourage anyone who can, to please come. I beleive this community will get better once we've all had some physical intraction with each other.

Have a nice day everyone.

6. JediDBM

Jan 22, 2003
    Do Not lose hope in any way, Kansas City will make it and flourish! This is a freak accident that my schedule got changed to a day shift instead of a midshift this Saturday. I have asked my wife Abbi to still attend, if for no other reason than to represent me there, LukeSkiewalker, I will be double checking directions with you for her. Everybody that can make it, please go to this meeting!? I want to very badly!!! Only the numbers will make a difference... Lordstimpy (Tony) if you are still checking in with the FanForce boards, please go this Saturday, we have got to show our support, I will not miss a second meeting.

7. JediDBM

Jan 22, 2003
    The Force is definitely strong with me!!! Wal Mart has decided that Saturdays work schedule was an error in my favor! I am supposed to 2-11, so I will be there Saturday morning!!! YIPPEEEEEE!!!!! See everybody Saturday morning! :D

8. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Good to hear that!

9. Mara_Jade_Raven

Mara_Jade_Raven Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2003
    Bud, I am so glad you can come! See you on Saturday!

10. Mara_Jade_Raven

Mara_Jade_Raven Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2003
    Hey everybody! I'm glad to see that we will have at least a few people showing up on Saturday. If you plan on attending at any time on Saturday, please post here so that I can get an end count for the meeting space. We are also thinking about bringing some doughnuts or something, so I would need to know how much to buy. Post soon, and may the force be with you!

11. Jedi_Abbi_Wan

Jedi_Abbi_Wan Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2003
    If we can find a sitter for our son, I will be there with Bud. We will bring a large bottle of fruit punch or some other flavor, if anybody has preferences. Was thinking about them big bottles of Hawaiian punch. there should be two to four of us there.

12. JediDBM

Jan 22, 2003
    I wish we could get a response from Lordstimpy (Tony) he was one of the biggest supporters before, him and his mother are really nice people and they had some neat stories to tell about Celebration II.

13. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    I'm here, I've been busy, my mom had a knee replaced the beginning of April. I also took on the roll of being a Moderator at the Rebelscum.com forums which has take up alot of my free time. I am not sure I will be at this meeting. I work nights, I don't get home till around 4 in the morning. I'll see what I can do.

14. JediDBM

Jan 22, 2003
    First official meeting location and time
    There is a meeting room being held at the Holtze Executive Village in Overland Park, KS for April 26. The address is 11400 College Blvd, OP, KS 66210. If anyone needs driving directions, or more info, my work number is 913-344-8350 (real name is Valerie). LukeSkiewalker (Bradley) can also help with directions.
    It is one block East of Quivera on College Blvd. You can see JCCC from the hotel.
    This was originally under a different topic by LukeSkiewalker and Mara_Jade_Raven, but felt it needed to be under first official meeting so any newcomers would know where to go. Also the meeting starts at 10:00AM and Bradley and Valerie will be there until about 1:00PM for anybody that cant make it at ten.

15. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Well we had our first official meeting today! Thanks to everyone who showed up. The details of will be published in our first newsletter due to go out on Friday May 2, 2003. The newsletter will be send via email and will also be archived on http://KCStarWarsFans.com. Also we discussed our second meeting. More details on that later.

16. JediDBM

Jan 22, 2003
    I think our first meeting went really well. We need more bodies, but I think we have come up with some good ideas. Hope to see everybody at the second meeting, should prove to be a good time.

17. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    How many people went to the first meeting?

18. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Four registered members of FF and a few others. It counted as an official meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.