main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Dang... It's $9 for a ticket at a nice theater here, $14 for 3D. As for the crappy cheaper theaters, it costs less to go there than rent and watch at home for a night. :eek: Popcorn and soda on the other hand....

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Man... almost makes me want to move out of Florida.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  3. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I haven't gone to a movie in one of the tourist areas here, but I'd imagine they're about as bad. I remember paying $5 for a Coke at Disney back when they were usually less than a dollar. :eek:

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The ticket was almost $90 and I paid $11.98 for a personal pan pizza and a drink when I went to SWW. I can't remember what I spent on other refreshments. The theme parks are infamously expensive. The ticket prices for Disney, Universal, and even Seaworld for a single day has gone above $100 here now. I dunno if I'll be making SWW in 2013.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Try buying snacks at Broadway shows. Rip. Off. Worse than sporting events even.

Seerow and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  6. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Yikes! That's a lot!

I went to Sydney 2 years ago. In the area I was in... [face_hypnotized] A dang 6" sub from Subway cost $10.

The worst part was forgetting to turn data roaming off on my phone..
    I will not use my phone overseas... I will not use my phone overseas... I will not use my phone overseas...

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Magic games are like that. $9 for a beer. Its just as bad as Disney.

KenobiSkywalker
    Damn I know that would hurt. I talked to a customer once who has the brilliant idea of watching the superbowl on a cruise ship with one of these.

[​IMG]

$40,000 cellular bill. That's my record for highest bill.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    At Panthers games I always laugh when the announcer says they'll stop selling alcohol in the 3rd quarter.

When I can buy a six-pack of good beer for what you're selling a half-pint of horse piss watered-down domestic brew here, do you really think I care?

eht13 and Garth Maul like this.
  9. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Damn... That's a bad day. Mine was around $2,000.

Seerow likes this.
  10. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Anyone here been watching Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome? The uncut two hour tv film is gonna be released early 2013, but right now you can watch segments of it on youtube.

If only the special effects didn't look like crap. I suppose technically they are more advanced than stuff you saw in the 2004 series and the 2003 micro series, but those shows managed to hide the shortcomings by using good editing rather than LENS FLARE! Everything just looks like its a set, rather than a warship or a viper.

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    The only Battlestar Galactica I really like is the original. Haven't seen much of the newer ones but what I did see did not intrigue me.

12. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    I'm with you on that. I wanted to see the big space battles, not the "Guess the Cylon" version of Lost. That said, Tigh was an awesome character. The show just got too metaphysical at times, and it was clear that they'd blown their budget for space combat in the first few fight scenes.

The only episode I distinctly remember from the 2004 series was when Starbuck saved Boomer (Or was it Kat?) from the Cylon Raider that had been picking off Vipers one by one, rather than their swarm tactics. That was neat.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  13. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I am watching Doctor Who and writing a paper a the same time, which essentially means I am mostly writing my paper. :p

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm watching old Darkwing Duck episodes with one of my best friends. =)

15. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    I am such a nerd for knowing this, but watching Blood and Chrome, I noticed that the name of one of the Viper pilot's son is "Anslem". I then discover that Blood and Chrome was written by Michael Taylor, who also wrote episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. One of those episodes was "The Visitor", which dealt with an aging Jake Sisko telling the story of how his father was lost in time, and how he planned to save him and change the past. In this alternate future, Jake had written a very popular book called "Anslem."

Nice of Taylor to slip that into the script, I'm just surprised I got it.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  16. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

I liked it for the most part, though Darth_Zandalor is accurate when his "guess the cylon" version of Lost comment. I liked Lost too, for that matter. But both shows dropped the ball big time in their last couple seasons when they got too ambitious with their metaphysical plots and it just didn't seem like they had any idea of what to do with it, so they resorted to beating the audience over the head with pretentious plots as though that was good enough to disguise them as well thought out and deep.

I gave Caprica the benefit of the doubt but thought the first several episodes were just boring and couldn't get into it.

I've not checked out Blood and Chrome yet.

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Part of the problem BSG had was not knowing how long they would have to finish.

But yeah, they got a little out of control and couldn't tie up the loose ends.

But I'm shocked that someone like Tarkas didn't give it a shot - the ideas, political and military problems, and relationships were amongst the best TV shows (not just SF) I've ever seen.

The first 2 seasons were absolutely amazing, but they lost momentum on New Caprica and never truly got it back.

Still, every single season had some memorable scenes, and I would watch Adama, Tigh and Roslin in pretty much anything.

Anyway, for any SP fans out there, the Mellon Collie remaster is incredible - 5 discs, 92 songs in total. :D

18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I thought the little miniseries was an awesome opener, but it was all downhill from there imo. I didn't even make it through S1.

I'm a serious opponent of the Lost style melodrama that has become so popular in television.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  19. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Final part of Blood and Chrome airs today.

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Not really a huge fan of SP, but I do love that album... and I had not heard about this. I thought the regular two disc version was pretty extensive, but five discs?! Are there multiple versions of each song on there or something? I may have to check some of those out.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That outtage has me craving pizza now. -random.-

22. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
  23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Wow... that really bad Star Trek joke I made in this thread yesterday about

Khan

is apparently true. Now I'm a bit more less optimistic about this new movie....

Yikes!:(

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Why in the hell are they selling vitamin drinks in high schools anyway?

25. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Mandalorian Tea Vitamin drinks are pretty popular among McDonalds eating health conscious teens in my area. High schools sell energy drinks around here as well..

Seerow and Barriss_Coffee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.