main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL, I'm picturing Satine screaming like Maria Brink from In This Moment. xD

2. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    I was too late, the bottles were all gone! The world isn't safe from more soft drink episodes, nooooooooooo!!!!!

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Sorry for getting off-topic, but Penguin has always been my favorite Batman villain and I really felt that movie took the perfect actor for him and somehow managed to totally screw the character with the writing. Fin-hands, seriously???

4. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    You must be this guy, then. ;)

[​IMG]

Sorry, I'm gonna have to completely disagree with you there. I love how the character was designed and depicted.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'll echo that. I love Batman Returns, mostly for Catwoman but the Penguin is great too. It's a bit Burton-y, but I think it works.

6. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    [​IMG]

"My name is Jimmy, but my friends just call me "The hideous penguin boy"."

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    True. I was in dial-up until 2003.

3SA was a place for regular epic meltdowns, a few of which were mine.. More reason for avoiding spoilers this time.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Pictures. Or it never happened.

:p

Dark Lord Tarkas and CT-867-5309 like this.
  9. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Only having visited the 3SA once during the final weeks leading up to the release of the film, I'm curious what kind of topics caused meltdowns at the time?

10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Loved Burton's Penguin.

You can find behind the scenes featurettes of the film on Youtube, and one of the things mentioned was that Burton initially was disinterested in doing a second Batman film but was won over when they told him that he could do a "Burton film" in the Batman universe and was pretty much given free reign to do whatever he wanted. Hence the completely different version of Penguin (and my favorite version of him).

11. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    The fastest way* to set off the 3SA was to post a spoiler that one of regular insiders didn't have yet.

*(Leaving aside all the usual crap like fake spoilers, baiting, flaming etc)

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007

[​IMG]

SithStarSlayer and Seerow like this.
  13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I think I'll be staying with the "no spoilers" version of the Episode 7 forums once the split happens too.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There were a ****load of fake spoilers in 3SA. And that's an understatement.

I assumed the DarthFriday spoiler about Anakin killing Padme was fake, because the dude claimed to know somebody who was on the set, or know somebody who knew somebody who was on the set, or something. Then there were the lengthy posts about the Othello comparison and how this spoiler was the greatest thing that happened since 1977.

Aaannnddd...there were those of us who thought that spoiler was the worst thing to happen since the rising popularity of "reality shows".

And we had fights. Which was stupid but it happened.

I seem to remember a few meltdowns over Grievous too, people complaining that he was created solely as a fanboy wet dream, and Lucas just wanted to see how many lightsabers he could give to one being.

The speculation was the best. Padme is Boba Fett. Obi-Wan is a clone. Naboo is Dagobah.

Billy_Dee_Binks and Seerow like this.
  15. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I stand by that. Though Krell's dual double-bladed sabers distracts away from Grievous. :p

Garth Maul likes this.
  16. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    [face_rofl]

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Woooooowwww I remember all that! Remember when everyone thought Kitster was Boba Fett? There were folks who swore by that rumor for years.

And yeah, I had thought the Anakin-kills-Padme rumor was bogus too. And the rumor that Dooku died at the start of the film (which became increasingly obvious as we heard less and less about Christopher Lee's role...)

Seerow likes this.
  18. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    How many bans got handed out over the blue-Yoda mess?:p
    anakinfansince1983 Yeah, I miss those rumors... and Palpatine is a clone too. ;)

And JW Titus, was awesome. FTTK.

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    That seriously sounds like ******* anarchy. Good thing I'm going spoiler-free.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah, 3SA was soo bad that spoilers spilled over into FanForce... and Macaffery (I think it was) was none too pleased. IIRC, it mostly had to with the relocation of fanclub threads, it was a zoo at times.lol

21. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

I watched some Youtube videos, found one about the Confederacy made by dangrievousreturns and I was like:This name sounds familiar... [face_thinking] Is that you?

Lol, nevermind, I followed the link in your description box and found the S4 heroes video. Really funny and very well done! I'm still laughing about the Obi-Wan part. Especially about the ending... [face_rofl]

22. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    That Penguin is disgusting on so many levels.

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, that is me... I made all those videos! :cool:

The Season Four Megamix was almost not gonna happen, but season Five inspired me to make it.. I am happy you enjoyed Obi-Wan's part the most. ;)

24. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Unwatchable.

25. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    TESB, carbonite freezing room:
    Darth Vader: He's all yours, bounty hunter.
    Boba Fett: Wizard.

Barriss_Coffee and Seerow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.