main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga For the fate of a galaxy (alternate universe)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Xen, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Obi-Wan woke in a startle, realizing it was another dream the old Jedi scratched his gray beard. What can these dreams possibly mean? he thought to himself. They can't be a good thing.

"Ben!" the voice of Luke called out from the kitchen, "Ben breakfast is on the table."

"Alright Luke, I'll join you in a minute."

"I've already eaten" Luke now stood at the door looking at the aging man. "Im going to run these power converters to Owen Lars, then Im going into Anchorhead and meet Cam and Tank"

"No!" Ben said gravely "I need you here Luke, run Owen the power converters and come straight back, we have work to do."

"But we've met all our orders Ben." the young man protested.

"It's a matter of personal business Luke, drop off the power converters and return, I'll discuss it with you then." Ben stood firm but friendly.

"Okay, I never get to do anything around here, it's all work and no play" Skywalker protested again as he exited the room.

Ben suppressed a chuckle, as he couldnt help to think what he did to deserve to raise two Skywalker's. "I hope Viceroy Antilles is doing better with the girl." he said to himself walking into the kitchen where the Astromech droid, R2-D2 was welding two pieces of metal together. Luke and R2 worked on many projects together, always refitting Lukes T-16 Skyhopper, apparently Luke managed to haggle a power booster from a Jawa, likely a broken piece that needed lots of repairs.

"Good Morning R-2."

The droids round dome head turned to face Ben as it chirpped and whislted.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be alright" Ben comforted the droid as he sat to eat breakfast. Again R-2 chirpped, swallowing a mouthful of breakfast Obi-Wan answered the droid "Yes I had the dream again last night."

R2 examined Ben, noticing his discomfort with the topic as usual and went back to welding. The droids silence was all the better for Ben, he finally came to a conclusion. Finishing breakfast he started to go through a bunch old boxes gathering a variety of items and Imperial credits he managed to collect.

Luke returned home his head hanging low on another self pity trip. Ben greeted the young man at the door, "Im glad your home Luke, now pack your things, we're leaving."

Luke's jaw dropped "Leaving? What do you mean leaving?"

"I mean we're leaving, now pack on the necessities, we are not returning." Ben replied

"I dont understand." Luke managed to say after a moment of dumbfounded silence.

Ben handed Luke a silver cylinder "Its about time I told you how your father died."

Luke looked at Ben still dumbfounded "You mean he didn't die in the Clone Wars?"

"That part still holds true, but your father, Anakin, was a Jedi Knight, like I was in the last days of the Old Republic. He was a skilled pilot, master swordsman, and a great friend." Ben stopped noticing he had Luke's undivided attention "Your father had many friends in high places, from local governments to the Senate, he even befriended the Emperor before he revealed himself to be evil. The Emperor used the friendship with your father to lure him into a trap where a Sith Lord named Darth Vader overcame and murdered your father, since then the Emperor has all but destroyed the Jedi and brought a reign of evil upon the galaxy."

Luke's eyes grew distant as Ben continued to tell him of his father. "Fortunatly the Emperor didn't know your mother was pregnant, after your birth I brought you here to Tatooine to live, while your mother went into hiding somewhere else."

"My mother?" Luke asked overcome by all of what he was told.

Ben smiled "She was beautiful and charismatic, your father fell for her like a ton of stone. Unfortunatly she had to leave you and go into hiding. The Emperor and his minions hunted her as a prize for Darth Vader, it was his lust for your mother that drove him to kill your father."

Ben watched as Luke clinched his fathers lightsaber tightly in his hands. "At ease Luke, dont let anger overwhelm you."

"I can't control it" Luke snapped "I must save my mother."

"An

2. Jedi_Xen

Sep 26, 2001
    The streets of Mos Eisley bustled with life, various aliens from all parts of the galaxy hurried about their business, most paying no mind to the two humans standing outside the Cantina arguing, those who did notice were certain one would kill the other before the end of the day.

Han pointed a finger in Lando's face "This is your fault."

"My fault?" Lando repeated like he was hurt "I didn't drag you there Han, you went on your own."

"Oh so its my fault?"

"Whats the big deal its not like we haven't lost money before Han ol buddy."

"Sure we've lost money before, but were in debt to Jabba the Hutt, he isn't exactly the forgiving type, if we don't pay him and soon we'll end up dead." Han said throwing his hands in the air with frustration.

"We all end up dead sometime Han, why wait?" Lando joked hoping to lighten the mood.

"Speak for yourself, but I don't have any plans on dying, especially anytime soon." Han retorted.

"Look Han" Lando tried to sooth his outraged friend "were in Mos Eisley, all we have to do is take a job or two and make what we need to pay off our debt and were off free as a bird."

"Lando be reasonable. We owe Jabba 15,000 credits, there is no way in this galaxy are we going to make what he wants in the time we've got."

"Maybe we can turn ourselves in for the bounty, then use it to pay off our debts" Lando again tried to joke.

"Oh ha ha Mr Funny guy" huffed Han as he walked into the cantina "You stand out here and crack off bad jokes for all I care, Im going to get myself a drink."

"Yeah I'll join you in a minute." Lando said obviously distracted "Hello, hello, hello." Lando dawned his debonaire smile, his eyes obviously focused on a beautiful green skinned Twilek girl, it was obvious to anyone the girl was part of the slave trade, the whole thought of slavery turned Lando's stomach. "Such a waste." he muttered to himself.

A beat-up landspeeder approached the cantina, catching Lando's eye, the passengers were only an old man, a boy and an astro droid. Most likely locals judging by the speeder. "You can't parked that eye sore here. Lando shouted as the driver stopped the car a few feet from him.

"What? Says who?" Luke demanded angrily.

"Hey relax kid." Lando laughed "It was just a joke."

"Such jokes could get one killed from those less friendly." the old man said, his voice surprisingly calm.

"I know old man, I have been all over the galaxy, I've been as far inward as Coruscant and as far out as the Corporate Sector, I don't need advice from a local on the dangers of the galaxy." Lando snapped.

"You're a pilot then?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Who wants to know?" Lando demanded

"I am looking to hire a pilot." Obi-Wan replied

"Really? I think I can help you out then, if you would step inside I will introduce you to my partner."

3. Jedi_Xen

Sep 26, 2001
    The cantina was dark and murky as Luke and Obi-Wan followed Lando in. The aroma of alcohol filled the cool air.

Han sat at a booth with his Wookie companion Chewbacca sipping an ale, undoubtedly scanning the room for a potential customer. Lando scooted in the seat next to Chewbacca, opposite of Han and motioned for Luke and Ben to have a seat. "Friends of yours Lando?" Han said dryly.

"Any potential customer of the Millenium Falcon is always a friend of mine Han, you know that."

Han cocked his head "Potential customer you say? Well why didn't you say so before?" Han smiled turning to his guests, "Welcome friends, Im Han Solo, captain of the Millenium Falcon and you are?"

"Im Luke" the young man said right away "and this is Ben."

"Great, now we got that out of the way, straight to business. WHat kind of cargo do you want me to haul?" Han said putting on his business face

"Only passengers, me, the boy and a droid and no questions asked." replied Ben

Han laughed looking at Lando "What is it some sort of local trouble?"

Ben shook his head "Lets just say we want to avoid any Imperial entanglements."

"Don't we all" Han retorted "Where do you want to go?"

"Alderaan."

"Alderaan?" Hans jaw dropped, "Are you crazy old man? You want to avoid Imperial entanglements and then you want me to take you to Alderaan? In case you didn't know Alderaan is deep in Imperial Space."

"I know where Alderaan is." Ben said firmly "But that is our destination, can you take us or do we have to find another pilot?"

Han glared at Lando for a long moment before answering "No, I can take you to Alderaan, but its going to cost you. 15,000 all in advance."

"15,000!?" Luke said excitedly "You are crazy we can almost buy our own ship for that."

"Not one as fast as the Millenium Falcon kid" Han replied

"The Millenium Falcon is the fastest ship in the galaxy." Lando bragged "If you want to get to Alderaan quickly then you have the right ship."

Ben looked at Chewie as he growled in agreement "If its as fast as you say we ought to do well.....we can give you 4 thousand now and 12 when we reach Alderaan."

"16,000?" Lando repeated a little shocked staring blankly at Han.

Not noticing Lando's stare Han grinned "You have yourself a ship, were at docking bay 75, we'll leave when ever you are ready."

"Meet us there in half an hour" Ben said standing "Come Luke."

Han smiled across the table at Lando "I don't know where you dug them up at Lando, but you are forgiven."

Lando returned the smile "I told you Han, I'm lucky"

Chewbacca looked at Han as he rolled his eyes "Whatever Lando, we got to get out of here and fast before Jabba starts sending his goons out to find us."

4. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    interesting idea. Looking forward to more.

5. DarthNeil

DarthNeil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2003
    Yes i agree i can not wait to see how this fanfic will turn out.

6. Jedi_Xen

Sep 26, 2001
    I should post some time today or tomorrow, Ive been a little side tracked on the creativity latley, I found out Friday someone hijacked my Credit Card # and was using it to make purchases on the internet. I lost nearly $700, that kinda kills alot of fun especially over the weekend.

7. Jedi_Xen

Sep 26, 2001
    Sorry its taken me forever to post again, I had alot going on and things are beginning to calm down here. I have written part IV

Han sat in the cock pit watching the blue-white swirls of hyperspace as the Millenium Falcon raced towards Alderaan. Chewbacca watched in silence as his partner was unusually quiet.

"I know what youre thinking Chewie." Han said breaking the long silence "But do you have any idea what would happen if the Empire found out we had two loons claiming to be Jedi on this ship? They even have the laser swords."

Han's eyes went distant untill Chewbacca broke the silence. "Of course we can't turn them over." Han replied to the Wookies question "Its bad for business. I say we take these two clowns to Alderaan, get paid, shoot Lando, and forget about it ever happening." Uncertain what it was he said that made Chewbacca laugh, it brought a smile to Han's face. Often Han had wondered how his life would have turned out if Lando was never around, more often than not, it was Lando that got the trio in trouble.

The hyperspace computer alerted Han the trip was coming to an end. "Good, were almost there." Han said as he picked up the microphone "We are 2 minutes from Alderaan. Please be seated as we make our approach." Han grinned at Chewie, it wasnt often he had passengers, and when he did he tried to sound like a professional pilot.

In the main department chamber, Luke quickly shut off his lightsaber and sat beside Ben. The trip had taken only a couple of days, the Millenium Falcon was indeed a fast ship, it would have taken a normal ship at least 4 days to make the journey. Across the room, Luke watched Artoo play Lando at Holographic chess and almost wished he would of programmed Artoo to gamble, he could of probably won enough to pay for the trip and a few favors from Lando as well.

The blue-white swirls soon turned into distant stars, and the blue-green world of Alderaan stood in all its majesty alone in space. The landscape of the planet was as beautiful as the planet itself, Han soon remembered. Han's eyes lit when he saw the Imperial Palace. "You know Chewie" he said "Afterall the smuggling from one back water world to the next, from the dirty space stations, to the run down cantina, its nice to see a world like this, it almost makes the trip worthwhile."

Chewie softly grumbled, "No!" Han said shaking his head to the Wookies question "I said almost."

The ship landed smoothly in its assigned docking bay. Han stood up and walked to his guests. "I hope you had a pleasent trip, now when do I get paid."

"Han!" Lando snapped "They're our guests, I'm sure they will pay."

"And we intend to." Obi-Wan said "After we make a visit to the Imperial Palace."

"The Imperial Palace?" Hans jaw dropped "Do you seriously expect me to believe the Royal family will pay for this?"

"Believe what you like Captain Solo" Obi-Wan replied "You will receive your money and you can be on your way."

"The sooner the better."

The ramp lowered where the group was met bet by members of the Royal guard.

"By the order of the Organa Royal Family, no weapons are to be allowed on Alderaan and must be left on your ship." One of the guards said.

Obi-Wan decended the ramp, where a guard waved a weapon detector over his body. The wand beeped as it was waved over his lightsaber. The guard took the weapon, examined it for a minute before handing it back to Obi-Wan. "You're a Jedi Knight?" The guard said wide eyed

"Thats right, and I believe Bail Organa is expecting me. Tell him General Kenobi has returned."

The higher ranking guard motioned for his junior partner to contact their superior officer. "Im sorry sir, you are definatly most welcome amongst us here."

8. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    This is a great story, Xen. I've never read a story where they actually go to Alderaan.

I'm greatly looking forward to more. ;)

9. Jedi_Xen

Sep 26, 2001
    Leia watched her father nervously pacing in the throne room, she had heard stories of General Kenobi, but often thought he had died in the Jedi Purges. However the General had survived, and the timing couldn't have been better, the Rebellion was falling apart, and was in desperate need of his leadership.

The doors slowly opened, in stepped a silver protocol droid. "Your majesty." the droid bowed. "May I present to you Obi-Wan Kenobi."

The aged Jedi stepped in "Its good to see you again old friend."

Bail smiled, both men had aged considerably in the 18 years since they last spoke "It has been too long Obi-Wan" the Viceroy extended his hand "You remember my daughter Leia."

Leia nodded to the old Jedi as he bowed "Princess." Standing to his full height Obi-Wan examined the girl "You have the look of your mother."

"Thank you" Leia smiled "It is an honor to meet you at last, I have heard so much about you."

Ben smiled in return "Let me introduce you to Luke Skywalker, my apprentice."

Luke stepped out from behind Ben, his eyes admiring the great architecture of the room until they became fixated on Leia, the young mans jaw dropped as he bowed. "Princess."

"So this is the son of Skywalker." Bail said exchanging a knowing look with Obi-Wan "Your father was a great Jedi, and a great pilot. He is sorely missed."

"Thank you." Luke bowed "Your higness"

Han pushed his way into the room "Alright whose in charge here? I need to get paid."

"And this is my pilot, Captain Solo" Ben said with a shrug

"You need not worry about money, Captain." Bail said politely "You will get what you were promised, however, I would like to invite you to stay for the night. Tonight we hold a royal feast."

Han opened his mouth to object, however it was too late Lando had already accepted the invitation. Han threw a glare to Chewbacca, the Wookie shrugged as if he approved of Lando accepting on his behalf. "Just like a Wookie" Han whispered to himself "Always thinking with their stomachs." The idea of being treated to a feast in the Royal Palace began to sound better, it would be a nice change. Anything has to be better than Space Rations, Han's initial objection quietly gave way for his approval.

After dinner that evening, Han sat on the balcony of his suite in the Royal Palace. All the problems that had plagued him on his arrival had vanished or were at least a great distance away. "I tell you Lando, I could get used to this."

"So could I." Lando agreed raising a glass of wine. "Here's to us ol' buddy, and you too Chewbacca. Three Kings without a Kingdom."

Normally Han would roll his eyes at Lando's rhetoric, however after the small taste he had of the Royal life, he felt as though he was a King without a Kingdom.

"We'll...!" Han said stretching as he yawned, "Its late, we better get some sleep, we got an early day tomorrow."

"What?" Lando protested "You're not in a hurry to leave all of this are you?"

"I much rather live the rest of my life in the humbleness of the Falcon than to spend one minute in the pit with Jabba's Rancor" Han retorted

"Good point....you go ahead, I'll catch some sleep on the ship tomorrow."

10. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    This is quite the interesting twist! I'm liking it. Be sure, I will return for more!

--later--

11. Jedi_Xen

Sep 26, 2001
    The Executor fell out of hyperspace above Alderaan, Lord Vader stood on the bridge menacingly staring out the window to the peaceful world below.

"Lord Vader" the voice of Admiral Ozzel called from across the bridge "Should we begin the invasion now."

The Dark Lord turned and slowly approached the nervous Admiral. The bridge was silent except the breathing of the Vader's iron lung. "Land the troops Admiral. Bring me the Royal family, I want them alive and unharmed." Vader jabbed his long black finger in the Admiral's face "Do not fail me Admiral, am I clear?"

"Perfectly, Lord Vader." Admiral Ozzel's nervous voice squeaked as his jaw trembled uncontrollably.

"Good" Vader hissed "I will be in my chamber, inform me when the prisoners are unboard."

Sirens filled the panicked streets of Aldera as the people came to realize that an Imperial invasion was imminent. It was the same at the Royal Palace where the guards had awoken the Organa's and their guests.

"Where's father?" Leia demanded to one of the guards

"As far as I know hes on the ship Princess?" one of the guards said grabbing the girl by her arm and dragging her down the hall. Where she was quickly joined by her loyal aid Winter and her 15 year old niece Mena.

Han, Lando and Chewbacca quickly caught up with the girls and guards. "Whats going on?" Han demanded.

"The Empire is invading Alderaan." Mena snapped

"Oh great!." Han rolled his eyes towards Lando as if he was blaming his friend for all their troubles. What had started out as the first relaxing evening he has had suddenly became a fight for survival.

Just feet ahead, an explosion had killed the lead guards, and sent blinding dust through the hall followed by blaster fire that killed the guards with great precision sparing the non-combatants. Three white clad stormtroopers stepped from behind the blinding smoke. "Freeze" one said in the usual muffled voice, the silhoutte of the troopers were barely visible. "Inform the Commander we have the Princess....." the stormtrooper was interrupted by a double snap hiss and the glowing blue of two lightsabers quickly making waste of the stormtroopers.

Another sihoutte emerged from the smoke, it was that of General Kenobi, followed by Luke. "We can't go that way." Kenobi warned, "the palace is surrounded by stormtroopers."

"This is just perfect." Han retorted "Is there no other way out?"

"There is one." Leia replied "Secret passages, but if the Emprie already has them cut off were doomed."

"Does the Empire know about them?" Obi-Wan asked "Its better to take our chances with these secret passages than to fight the entire Imperial Army."

"For once you make sense old man." Han agreed "If we can get to the Falcon then we can escape easily enough."

"Are you crazy?" Leia snapped "If we attempt to take off the Empire will swat us out of the sky like a mosquito."

"Not my ship sister." Han bragged "Besides anything is better than waiting to be captured, now are you coming or not?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.