main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force FX Lightsabers...

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by razzy1319, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-wan24

obi-wan24 Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2007
    I am going into a shop today to have a look at the anakin rots and both of vaders. can anyone give me some advice on which is best.

2. RovinGambler

RovinGambler Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2007
    Just got it, and yes it is VERY good. Possibly the first time something like this has ever lived up to its marketing! The blade is very bright, the hilt is detailed and accurate, and the sounds and start up/ shut down sequences are excellent. Seems very solid and robust too. Comes with a nice little stand too. Definately recommended.

3. obi-wan24

obi-wan24 Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2007
    Thanks! its definetly on the christmas list then!
    do you have any other force fx lightsabers?

4. RovinGambler

RovinGambler Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2007
    I havnt got any more, but after getting this one I would like to. I'd like to get the either the Anakin or Luke one and make a little wall display with them.

5. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    I was playing with the Luke ANH, and it's made of more plastic than metal! Not worth $100.

6. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    In our area, we have the "Build your own" Force FX lightsaber. and it's not quite what I expected. It's much like the Hasbro saber with cooler sounds. They are mostly plastic and they have the single LED at the bottom of the saber. I guess they were in a hurry to put this stuff out and didn't care about quality.

7. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Does anyone have this make your own FX one yet? I asked for it for Chirstmas, it's $100 so I thought it would be cool. Today at Radio Shack they had one to play with and MY GOD ITS CRAP! It's plastic and the blade it shorter! I see now why MR didn't have this for show at Comic Con or Toy Fair! Anyone have it? Am I wrong? Is not really worth $100? Now my wife has wasted $100 and I have to act like I love it. Thank you MR! You really let us down. Maybe it is a good thing you guys are no longer in the Star Wars game.

8. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    Yes, The "Build your Own Lightsaber" is crap. Just a knock off of the hasbro one. But I think the Hasbro one is a better quailty. It's the same way with the Luke Skywalker A New Hope saber. It's the only one that's blade-heavy. A lot of plastic in the hilt. I guess they just crapped the last few things out in a hurry

9. Wraith20878

Wraith20878 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2006
    Hey i am having a few problems with my Obi Wan Force fx, and I'm wondering if anybody can help me out. I have had it for a while and it worked fine, but now as soon as i put the batteries in the tip of the blade lights up. When I activate it the tip goes out and the rest of the blade lights up. is there something wrong with the LED connection?

10. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    Has it been around any moisture? Humidity?

11. DarthTratz

DarthTratz Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2007
    Wow, I'm surprised to see some of you that are disappointed in you EpIV Luke saber. I got the EpIV Luke and Vader sabers for Christmas, and I couldn't be more pleased. The Luke saber is lighter than the my Vader and Maul sabers, but still feels great and high quality. Other than some of the smaller switch details, the hilt is mostly metal. Most of the reviews I've been reading about it are calling it the best of the Luke and Anakin sabers, but of course I have no personal frame for comparison. At any rate, I'm really happy with mine.

Now, I have a question for all of you. Now that it's 2008, what's next? Since MR will no longer be producing Star Wars replicas, has anyone heard anything about another company picking up the SW license to produce high quality prop replicas?

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Take a look at the efx thread here. All rumors on Rebelscum so far.

13. DarthTratz

DarthTratz Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2007
    Thanks for the heads up LAJ_FETT!

Very intriguing teaser. It'll be interesting to see how this develops.

14. Wraith20878

Wraith20878 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2006
    I don't think so. I dropped it once when I first got it but I didn't have that problem till almost a month later. I was planning on sending it to ultrasabers for a conversion, so that should take care of it.

15. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    They're on sale locally for $80. Still, that's $80 that can stay in my pocket. Thanks for the warning.

16. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    The "Build your own" force FX is thte biggest Steaming pile They have ever made! Just like the Hasbro BYO but costs more and has better sounds. that's it.

17. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    speaking of, I see Lucasfilm has announced that HABRO IS TAKING OVER THE FX LIGHTSABERS, and the first ones will be out in Spring.

W. T. H.

When I think 'High-end collectibles', I'm not thinking Hasbro.

18. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Also not sure about this announcement. But I suppose we should wait and see what the product is like before jumping to conclusions. Hey, if they can pull off an Obi-Wan saber that doesn't have a fat neck, count me in.

19. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    LOL! I'm not sure how to take this rumor. But my first feeling is that I don't like it.

20. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
  21. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    WoW! Well, I wonder if they will make new stuff first or just repack master replicas stuff

22. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    hey guys

I bought the ROTS Anakin saber about a year ago now, and whilst picking it up for a twirl i notied the hilt had little rust spots on it. Has anyone else found this problem or know how to prevent it?

23. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    My Obi Wan saber has the same problem. I have no idea why. Good question. Does anyone know?

24. Count_Doodie

Count_Doodie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2006
    im thinking about selling my anakin aotc fx saber. what kind of price should i expect?

-doodie

25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You could try checking Ebay for any recent closed auctions for the item. If there are any the winning bid should give you a ballpark figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.