main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force Legacy. (A Provo Production) Updated (03/13/05)

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Corrin_Wyndryder, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Well, new update. Not more artwork, but to say that I've got my lightsaber props, I'm very pleased with them. :D

2. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    That is so wonderful!! Where did you get them from? Did you build them yourself?

3. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    I bought them from RandomSabers.com, located up there in SLC.

4. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
  5. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    That would have been cool if they were named:

Valiant
    Blazer A
    Blazer B

But not Merry Miss.

6. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    And I will name the ultimate weapon that rivals the Death Star: SUNBEAM!

You are such a dork. :-B :p

7. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Yes I am. A fanforce region with a dominant religion makes for many a stupid joke.

*Wonders what the FanForce Italy - Rome > Vatican board is like.

8. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Wonders if anyone else outside of region would even get that joke.

9. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    ROFL
    I had just woken up when I read the last couple of posts and I didn't get the joke. I just came back and laughed so hard it hurt!!
    I like the Sunbeam one bestest...

10. Phantom-Iam

Phantom-Iam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2002
    Wonders if anyone else outside of region would even get that joke

I don't think so, I remember hearing a 'Sunbeam' joke that I thought was very funny but I wouldn't tell it to a non mormon for fear of getting a strange look.

This looks really good, how long have you been working on it?

That Oracle saber looks sweet :cool:

11. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    I've been working on this project for years. I wrote the first line of the script in 97. But it took quite a bit to start getting these conceptual sketches. They're really going to be driving force in making this film great.

12. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
  13. Sith_Lord17

Sith_Lord17 Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2004
    "I don't think so, I remember hearing a 'Sunbeam' joke that I thought was very funny but I wouldn't tell it to a non mormon for fear of getting a strange look."

*Gives everyone a strange look, wanders off*

(This is looking really great BTW)

14. JediKat-JAR148

JediKat-JAR148 Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    *I walk over, giving everyone an even stranger look before following Jimmy*

15. Utah_Viper

Utah_Viper Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    I love the film industry, would love to help out when this goes into production.

16. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Wonders if anyone else outside of region would even get that joke.

Yes, but that doesn't prevent it from being a bad joke. :) Although having my spouse being the Primary President I can vouch for the Sunbeams destructive power. In this case, would that be the Technilogical Terror(ible) Twos? <insert rimshot>

Hi, Amber_Eyes! Remember your old buddies? You wouldn't forget us, would you?

Question about your sabers: I have one from Park Sabers (which I love, but I've heard he's ripped some people off). You said that Random Sabers doesn't charge $300, but I could not find anywhere on their site that listed prices. Do they have anything resembling a price list, or is it all on a "per item" basis? What was the turn-around time from order to shipment? Has anyone tried to put one of their fighting blades into a Park Saber? Why is the sky blue? What is the wind-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Enquiring minds want to know.

17. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Let's see if I can answer your questions.

Question about your sabers: I have one from Park Sabers (which I love, but I've heard he's ripped some people off). You said that Random Sabers doesn't charge $300, but I could not find anywhere on their site that listed prices. Do they have anything resembling a price list, or is it all on a "per item" basis?

If you look at the sabers themselves, you'll get a feel for the pricing. It says on my saber pages $50-75 or $125+. These are rough estimates. It's mostly negotiable with the guy you end up emailing.

What was the turn-around time from order to shipment?

It depends entirely on how many orders he has backed up. It took my order a few months, because of how backed up he is. But the quality was worth it.

Has anyone tried to put one of their fighting blades into a Park Saber?

I'm sure someone has tried. I don't know who. I don't know when. I don't know why. But I'm SURE someone has tried... I think...

Why is the sky blue?

Because the sun is yellow. When the white light of the sun reaches earth, it seperates the RGB colors from the white. Blue spreads out across the sky, and all we see are the remaining Red and Green, which combine to make yellow.

What is the wind-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

African or Europian?

18. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    $50-75 or $125+...took my order a few months

Excellent. I have some ideas I'll have to run by them.

I'm sure someone has tried. I don't know who. I don't know when. I don't know why. But I'm SURE someone has tried... I think...

Your powers of persuasion are formidable, as is your silly gibberish...

Because the sun is yellow. When the white light of the sun reaches earth, it seperates the RGB colors from the white. Blue spreads out across the sky, and all we see are the remaining Red and Green, which combine to make yellow.

Ah-ha! I see you have fallen into my cunningly devised trap. Observe:

Because the sun is yellow. When the white light of the sun...

Which is it, yellow or white? I have you contradicting yourself in the first sentance. I win!

...the white light of the sun reaches earth, it separates the RGB colors

The earth absorbs the light. The atmosphere separates the colors. Sike!

And besides, maybe the sun is CMYK instead of RBG? (Sorry, I work at a photography studio).

You also failed to point out that oxygen is blue (scroll down to "Properties").

All this petty bickering is moot, however. The real reason the sky is blue is simple: God made it that way.

And now I believe I qualify for the rock throwing and money stealing you mention in you sig. :)

To get the thread back on track, I am downloading the animatics now (the second link appears to be broken) and the conceptual art looks great. You probably don't want to have too many "spoilers", but I'm sure we're all interested in storyboards, if you have any...OK, just watched the animatic, and that's pretty much a moving storyboard. I have no training other than watching movies for 30 years, but I like the camera angles your have chosen.

Might I suggest the Huntsman Center for the exterior shots of your dome installation?

19. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Excellent artwork. This looks very promising!

20. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Because the sun is yellow. When the white light of the sun...

Which is it, yellow or white? I have you contradicting yourself in the first sentance. I win!

That's two sentences. You lose. Also, that depends on your definition of "is".

...the white light of the sun reaches earth, it separates the RGB colors

The earth absorbs the light. The atmosphere separates the colors. Sike!

That depends on your definition of "Earth". I said it reaches Earth. I did not state that the atmosphere of Earth does not constitute being a part of Earth.

And besides, maybe the sun is CMYK instead of RBG? (Sorry, I work at a photography studio).

No, light is in RGB, pigments and dyes are in CYMK. As the Sun is clearly light, RGB is the scale we'll go by.

You also failed to point out that oxygen is blue (scroll down to "Properties").

Oxygen is invisible.

All this petty bickering is moot, however. The real reason the sky is blue is simple: God made it that way.

Sure, but that's how God did it.

And now I believe I qualify for the rock throwing and money stealing you mention in you sig.
    Yes, yes you do.

And if you guys really like what you see here, you should check out my other thread: The Progression of a Scene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.