main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Forsaken and Begotten - Chapter 33: When One Door Closes.... *COMPLETE* Quick note 2-21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arldetta, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Howdy folks, this has been something I have been contemplating for a long, long time but wasn't sure how people would feel about it. The other day I asked my readers who was still interested and was suprised by the results. On top of that, a few of them suggested moving it over here. Ironically, they answered my unspoken question. So here I am! :D

For new readers, I hope you like it. This has become a sort of epic for me. And I'm hoping to finish this "chapter" of the story by next spring! LOL. Sorry, I realized I was too close to year end to achieve that goal. But take a chance and hopefully you'll find that this is a journey worth taking.

For my old readers, I don't think I'll have time to really touch anything up as I re-post. But I hope you enjoy the re-read. And especially the refresher of what has already happened. I have a lot there, and many hints of what is to come. I'm praying that by the time I catch up to what I have done, I'll be able to continue with NEW posts. So hang tight and as always THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!! :D :D

Now, on with the formalities: ;)

Re-post begins here.

Well, folks here is that Promised Plot Bunny of Shanobi's that I said I would post today. I hope you enjoy it. This is going to be a bit different from what I usually write but, It will be similar to my more recent works.

Title: Forsaken and Begotten

Spoilers: No. Goes completely AU after page 46 in the first Jedi Apprentice book, The Rising Force, by Dave Wolverton. The only thing to keep in mind is that Qui-Gon does not go to Bandomeer as well.

Disclaimer: Me own Star Wars, Ha!! I wish. Then I could have Obi when ever I wanted. ;) And how ever I wanted. [face_devil] And write him in a better light than the movies. Which really irks me. :mad: Anyway, hopefully you can tell the difference.

Summary: Obi-Wan is sent to Bandomeer when he is not picked by a Master. On the way there, the ship is attacked by Pirates. And the AU commences. ;)

Author's Note: <>'s mean thoughts, {} mental conversation.

Well, here's the first bit. Hope you enjoy!! :D

---------------------------------------------

Prologue ? Paths Not Taken

?We walked the narrow path,
    beneath the smoking skies.
    Sometimes you can barely tell the difference
    between darkness and light.?
    - It Can't Rain All The Time(Jane Siberry - Crow Soundtrack)

There were times when the darkness was comforting and inviting. It?s only desire to envelop and take a person away from the pains and sorrows of the living world. Banishing worry to leave only a deep serenity. Why would anyone want to deny such a wonderful thing as darkness? The young boy thought. After all, what was there to live for when your dreams are all but shattered? And yet the grey haze that brought with it the grace of light and warmth and beauty crept into the edges of the void. And mentally, he had to suppress the shiver that ran through him, as the comforting rays of light drove out the cold that surrounded him. The intensity of the brightness grew, also bringing on the intense heat of his body. Progressively, Obi-Wan became aware of the fire that emanated from his wounded form. His hazy mind recalled the brief conversation he had with Clat?Ha and that he had been pounded by a Hutt from Offworld. <The fever was obviously a side effect from my injuries.>

He prepared himself to sit up, but even those small movements caused him to wince at the pain. Pushing the pain aside, he centered his cloudy mind and called upon the Force to heal him. After some long minutes, he could feel the nagging aches dull to a throbbing discomfort. Gently, he pulled himself up to a sitting position and opened his eyes. Immediately, he shut them again as the harsh glare of the infirmary lights caused his eyes to dilate too quickly, inviting a new pain. Raising a hand to shield against them, he carefully, re-opened the captivating sea

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You're back :) *Kitara does happy dance*

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Hurray. I'm glad you have really decided to continue this. Otherwise, I'd have had to hunt you down and sit on you until you did...LOL.

4. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    http://www1.theforce.net/jc/images/Halloween2003/hleft.jpg

Looks good. I think I'll stick around. UP!

5. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Kitara - Yes, it apprears that winter is good for writing! ;) The juices are starting to flow, so we'll see how far we get after all. :)

Master - LOL, if you sat on me too long, I doubt I would be able to write anything ever again. :p But actually, as I mentioned to Kitara, it seems as if Winter is good for writing even if it's not good for much else. Anyway, I may have another draft ready for you soon. ;)

Xanatos SOC - Thank you very much. I hope you enjoy my little Opus. I have and continue to work long and hard on this story. I hope it is worth some of the praise. ;)

Well, back to writing. Later! :D

6. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I like this story. Shall be looking for more to come.

7. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Hi Arl!

So glad you decided to continue this. I'll do my best to keep up! :)

Cheers,

Shaindl

8. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    *looks at small, shiny-curvy-thingy*
    Oooo. Pretty.
    *grabs ahold*
    *is pulled into story*
    :D

9. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Glad you're back. :)

~Bek

10. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
  11. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002

CrystalKenobi - I'm glad you are enjoying it. And I hope what I have coming will be just as enjoyable. ;)

Shaindl - Well, I've always wanted to finish it, just wasn't too sure if anyone else wanted me to. Guess I was wrong. :D Thanks.

ca tron - hook, line and sinker, huh? [face_devil] Hope i can keep you attention as the story progesses. ;)

Bekah K - I am too. Hopefully, my absense won't be as long from now on. :)

diane - You're so sweet!!!! [face_blush] I thank you very kindly for the promotion. I'm so close to finishing Catch me now, I can only hope that with less distraction I can focus on this story. I have so much I want to show still. ;)

Folks - here's that next post. Enjoy! :D

Chapter 1 ? Sister Moon, Don?t forget me.

?Why can?t the moon stay full forever?
    Right now she?s got nothing on her mind.

Will this neverland
    Free me from its clutching hand
    It won?t release me.?
    - Full Forever (Goo Goo Dolls)

Oceans of emotion gazed out upon the soft white powdery craters just beyond the portal. The scars of one pummeled constantly by asteroids. At that moment the youth could almost feel the celestial body?s pain from the abuse of space. In an odd way he felt a strange kinship to the moon they hid behind. Feeling exposed to the elements and retaining the scars of trust and hope being beaten and betrayed. His stomach lightened again, and the young man began to worry. He had often felt the butterflies of anticipation before a battle, but these were different. Almost as if they were trying to warn him of something but what ever it was remained just beyond his reach.

He was trying to banish the sensation so it could not conflict with what was to come, but found it impossible. The gravity well created by the nearby moon was the perfect hiding place for the pirate vessel, as it waited poised to pounce on it?s next wayward victim. It was only a matter of time before their next quarry would be approaching and he sought desperately for the peace he needed. He had been standing there for hours deep in thought, still searching, when his friend finally entered the small observatory.

?Ready yourself, cub,? declared the grey and white Togorian captain of the Night?s Scream as he stopped just behind the youth. ?A ship has just been picked up on our long range sensors. We are preparing to knock it out of hyperspace in a few minutes.?

Soft ginger bangs slid down over sad seas as the young adult looked down for a moment. ?You wouldn?t be able to stop this Tuuvu, would you? If I told you I have a bad feeling about this?? A gentle paw came to rest upon the young shoulder and the lad looked up at his friend. Tuuvu almost released his hold at the sorrow he saw in the turbulent seas, but remained in the hopes he could calm the storm.

In most cases the Captain was eager to listen to the boy?s feelings, but when it came to the raids, he knew there was little he could do to prevent them. ?You know I would if I could. But there are others on this ship that would not be pleased with such a decision.? Nodding the youth accepted the elder being?s answer. He also knew of whom the captain spoke, Kuuur, the first mate of the crew. Patting the boy?s shoulder, the Togorian attempted to ease the tension. ?Besides, this is our last raid before we return to Togoria for the mating period. And then next month we will be celebrating your birthing day. You know Jorri has been planning the party for months now??

Running a hand through the sweeping strands, he gave a wan smile and said, ?I know. I miss her too.?

?Come, cub. Our prey should be arriving any moment.? Giving a quick slap to the boy?s back, Tuuvu began to leave.

Grinning widely the youth turned after him, ?When are you going to stop calling me cub? I?ll be 18 next month and for humans I?ll be considered an adult.? The duo walked out of the observation lounge to get to one of the boarding portals.

?But you will always be a

12. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Simply awesome.

13. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Wow

Nice way you made the reader know what the characters were thinking.

Also the imagery of light and darkness was great.

14. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003

Poor Obi-Wan! Wonder how Bant's gonna react when she finds out who he is.

15. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Wow. I wonder if he's going to go back or not.

16. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    WOW! I'm hooked!!!! :)

I love your use of imagery and your characterisation. Looking forward to finding out what happens when Obi-Wan is recognised and whether it is too late for him to return to the Jedi or even if he still wants to.

17. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Wonderful! :)

~Bek

18. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
  19. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Loving it so far Arldetta :) You've got a really good writing style.

Looking forward to the next update ^_^

20. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Re-post? Color me confussed. Did you finish the original?

21. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    She never finished posting the origina; which is why I am so happy to see this making a comeback.

22. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    CrystalKenobi - Thank you very much! :)

Keeper of Swords - Thanks, I very much enjoy delving into the psyche's of the chars. It make for such interesting interactions. I hope you like more is to come. ;)

Xanatos son of Crion - Poor Obi-Wan! Ha! [face_laugh] This is just the beginning! [face_devil] Oh, you'll see many reactions to the revelation, soon to come! :D

ca tron - Now that's the 'one hundred billion dollar' (best Dr. Evil impersonation you can imagine ;) ) question now, isn't it? And you'll just have to keep reading to ever find the answer to that! :p

sabe126 - wow, I haven't see you in a while. I'm sorry I wasn't able to keep up with your stories. I just wish I had more time. *sigh* All I can do now is write every once and a while. But I sure am glad you stopped by and that you like it. It means a lot to me. :D

Bekah K - Gosh, Thanks. *shuffles feet* [face_blush]

ca tron - Awww, thanks for the Up! I "truly, deeply" (best Padme impersonation, hey, why do I always do impersonations when talking to you? :confused: oh well. ;) ) appreciate it!!!

Ginger Jedi - Thank you very much! :D I wish I could keep up to par with what I've done, sometimes I just feel as if I regress with each chapter I write. But I will strive to maintain the integrity of my work. OH, and I read some of your short stories recently, they were wonderful!! You've got a great writing style too. :)

ZaraValinor - Yes, I am re-posting what I had previously done thus far. I am planning(hoping, praying) that when I've caught up I'll be able to continue without stopping. *crosses all fingers, toes, legs and anything else in hopes of reaching that goal.* But I never did finish the story. :( Which really bums me out. This is absolutely my personal epic!

PadawanKitara - Awwwww! [face_blush] Like I mentioned to Zara, I do hope when I've caught up I can continue on with any further interuptions until the end of this segment of the story that is. :p Thanks for your patience!! :)

23. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Next post soon? :D

24. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Well, you know how I feel about it. I can never get enough of this fic. Keep going. Shouldn't there be another post soon?

25. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Patience, Patience my readers. I have what you are looking for. ;) It's Friday, so it's time for another Chap! Are you excited? I hope so. This is the star of an emotional rollercoaster! I hope you enjoy the ride! :D

Chapter 2 - Only Pain Remains Standing

?Wish that I could cry
    Fall upon my knees
    Find a way to lie
    About a home I'll never see

It may sound absurd: but don't be naive
    Even Heroes have the right to bleed
    I may be disturbed: but won't you concede
    Even Heroes have the right to dream
    It's not easy to be me?
    - Superman (Five for Fighting)

Darkness could not retain her hold on her prize as Obi-Wan slowly regained consciousness. He was lying on something soft and comforting. Gradually, he became aware that the claxons surrounding him were not just in his head but the dying ship?s imminent death calls. Another jerk reminded him where he was and he quickly sat up, wincing at the agony in his side. He had also recalled what he had said to his captain, friend and guardian. And if he were to keep that promise he needed to survive the death throws of this ravaged vessel. Someone came up beside him, but he tried to ignore her as he gathered his strength to leave. ?Who are you? And how did you know my name??

Shooting a glance toward Siri, he stated, ?I have to get to the bridge.? Forcing his protesting body to rise he headed out the door.

Behind him he heard the Jedi Councilor instruct, ?Stay here and take care of the initiates, I?ll be back.? Adi swiftly followed the receding form, and came up beside him. Periodically his step would falter under the objection of his wound but he refused to allow weakness to claim him again. They made their way through the bucking ship, holding on to walls intermittently when the ship shook violently. The corridors were ominously empty which made their walk that much more oppressive and condemning. Despite her usual denouement, Adi could no longer stand the silence between them, ?We found your training saber. Where did you get it?? When she received no answer, she asked bluntly, ?Who are you??

Hesitating for a moment, Obi-Wan glanced at her through his bangs, ?No one.? Relief washed through him as they reached the forward cabin. When they entered, they quickly swept the scene. The captain was struggling with the controls as the Jedi Master was attending to the co-pilot, who was lying on the floor. As soon as they entered Qui-Gon turned to greet them, a thread of shock wove through his features at the unwelcome visitor, but he dealt with it immediately.

Walking past the kneeling Master, Obi-Wan headed for the vacant chair and surveyed the mess of controls in front of him. Automatically, he asked, ?Is there a habitable planet close enough for us to land??

?I?m heading for one now, but I?m not sure the ship will make it. Systems are failing all over and we?re down to the aft engines.? Called the frantic Captain.

Assessing the alerts, Obi-Wan quickly ran through his options. Expertly adjusting the instrumentation he said, ?Give me the controls. I?ll get us down.? The captain looked at him incredulously, but noticed the set fortitude in the youthful features. Suddenly, the bulk of the ship responded to Obi-Wan?s directions. Transferring power from non-essential functions, Obi-Wan managed to salvage enough energy to boost power to the remaining engines and forward shields.

Agony threatened to steal his consciousness, which he fought desperately to hold at bay. The black spots playing at the edge of his vision teased his weary mind, when he felt a surge in the Force behind him. At first he was unsure as to it?s purpose, but was surprised to find it fill him lovingly, pushing away the aches and darkness. With renewed intensity, he headed for the habitable planet the Captain had indicated as their destination. For a moment he paused in his action as he recognized the small moon orbiting the world they limped toward and in that moment he smiled bef

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.