main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Forum closing

Discussion in 'Archive: Green Bay, WI' started by Bobafemme, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    It appears that the posters in this forum are mostly Milwaukee and Madison fans trying to get their neighbors to join in the fun.

If there are no posts from Green Bay area in the next week or so, it will be removed. This is not a permanent action. A thread in the main MW forum can be started and Green Bay reopened if three local people are interested.

-Erica

2. Alybrylla

Alybrylla Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Well there *were* some local people posting during the summer... I just don't know what happened to them!

3. Hathor

Hathor Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 28, 1998
    oh no! Oh no!

Fellow Green Bay ites, where are you???

4. Alybrylla

Jun 12, 2002
    I'm right here Hathor :)

You go to college in GB? Do you go to St. Norberts or UWGB?

5. Hathor

Nov 28, 1998
    Hey there.

I'm at UWGB. I love the campus, it's so beautiful.

I know another star warsite here that I should get to post. Just so we don't lose the forum. ;)

6. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Please do! I want a SW haven when I visit the parents. :)

7. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    I'm here. I am not local but am half way between Green Bay and Milwaukee so if you aren't going to be opening a Sheboygan thread I should qualify.

8. Hathor

Nov 28, 1998
    awsome. I'll have to send him this link.

9. Alybrylla

Jun 12, 2002
    Yay, now the forum can stay open :)

If anyone collects: This Saturday at ShopKo Hall is the Flea-O-Rama, which is where people get together and buy/sell action figures and the like.

Just thought I'd give a heads up in case anyone was interested :)

10. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    People need to acutally start using this forum for it to stay open. People planning meetings or talking SW count, not people from other cities pumping up cons or rubbing in football scores.

Waiting patiently. :)

11. Alybrylla

Jun 12, 2002
    *sighs*

Well, all right then.

12. Hathor

Nov 28, 1998
    Alybrylla, so where do you live then?
    Did you see ep 2 opening night?

13. Alybrylla

Jun 12, 2002
    Hathor, I live in the downtown area... within walking distance of the Central Library. :)

No, I didn't get to see Ep. 2 opening night. :(
    Did you go? Oh, and was there a midnight showing?

14. Hathor

Nov 28, 1998
    Of course there was a midnight showing :p It was at Baypark. One of my friends hooked me up with tickets at the last minute. They showed it on 4 screens. It was raining so it was sort of icky standing in line, but it was still a good time.

Are you a student then? I'm too lazy to check bios ;)

15. Alybrylla

Jun 12, 2002
    I go to GB East High School (the one that had that big fight a week or two back).

Even with rain, that does sound like it was fun! :)
    If I had been aware of it though, my parents probably wouldn't have let me go anyway. :(

Did anyone dress up or anything?

16. Hathor

Nov 28, 1998
    Yup. There was this guy walking around in a huge darth vader costume. Tons of people had on jedi robes - some tried to pick a fight with Vader. It was funny.

and being at midnight maybe they wouldn't have let you go :/ Well, episode 3 is still coming out!

17. VadersClone

VadersClone Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    Holy Cow, I can't believe this is still open. I figured I would check and it would be gone. I live here in DePere and have been trying to find people who like Star Wars and especially collect Star Wars. I know I am not the only one, because someone is buying the toys off the shelves here. Well, it's nice to see this is still open. So with Marajoan,Hathor,Alybrylla and myself, that makes four. Can't shut it down now. I would just like to say Hi to all of you. Do any of you collect? Marajoan, I think I remember you mentioning you do. If so, have you seen anything new lately. I can't believe how slow Wisconsin is right now. Also, if anyone is interested, the Wal-mart in Iron Mountain, Mi. dropped their saga figures to $3.00. Well, I guess that's enough for now, I hope to talk with all of you soon.
    Later...

18. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I am a reader of books and am trying to find others who read them. Anyone interested in talking about books, give a shout.

19. Alybrylla

Jun 12, 2002
    VadersClone, I collect somewhat... when I have the money :p .

marajoan, I'm veeerry slowly inching my way through the EU. I'm trying to read everything in order, so it might take me a while to get to NJO.

20. JediMasterLambda

JediMasterLambda Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2002
    Sorry I'm late. You can count me in, I'm a resident of Green Bay/De Pere. You can be expecting a few more of my group to be joining us.

21. VadersClone

VadersClone Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    MaraJoan-I've read them all, started about 2 years ago and was finally able to get current.I just recieved an email from Del-Ray saying that Destiny's Way is now out. I will go and get it this weekend. So, what do you want to discuss and where do you want to start?

As far as collecting goes, I have a rough estimate of about $12,000. Everything from '95 to current. I still need a few rare items and some episode I 12" figures. Does anyone have a 3 3/4" freeze frame Sandtrooper for sale? Just kidding. I need to buy a house, I have no room left. If anyone is interested in seeing my collection, let me know. I'd be happy to show you.
    Later.....

22. Alybrylla

Jun 12, 2002
    Does anyone know if the Milwaukee IMAX is showing AOTC? If it is, would anyone be interested in taking a trip to go see it?

23. Leila

Leila Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 1999
    Well, I'm not in Green Bay anymore (I used to go to St. Norberts, but now I'm at UWSP), but I'd love to discuss books with somebody.

24. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I have read every book but the early Han Solo, Bounty Hunters and Junior Jedi Knights. I am about half way through Destiny's Way and it looks to be a pretty good read. Anyone reading it, tell me what you think. My reply might be slow because I have to go out to check my boards. My hard drive is in the shop. I love all of the books and am willing to disect with you.

25. JediMasterLambda

JediMasterLambda Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2002
    I'm keeping a close eye on the Milwalkee IMAX I can not confirm it being there but I'm still hoping. If it does end up there I plan on going to see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.