main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Future of the Victoria forum

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by CrazyMike, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey gang, I want to find out from you folks if there is any activity going on here. Do any of you meet up any more. Unfortunately I am going to have to be shutting down Victoria due to inactivity if I do not receive any feedback. If there is anything I can do to help get things moving please let me know.

Regards,

Mike

Edit : Spelling

2. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, alack-and-alas to be sure, for the most part it does indeed seem that....not much of anything is happening as a rule, apart from the very occasional and infrequent scheduled event appearance - which also doesn't always tend to go off without the proverbial hitch, too, I will say that much....eeep! - so insofar as I can tell, at least, you're quite right in that....there really doesn't look to be so much activity happening after all, and personally I don't know quite what's up with that and, thus, whether it's a situation which is likely to change anytime soon. *shrugs* Naturally it's never the optimal or preferred thing to have to shut down a local board like this, and obviously we would've all hoped it didn't need to come to that....still, though, if you feel that's the best thing to do or if, alas, there just doesn't seem any way around it, no other choice apparently presenting itself what with the distinct and seemingly pervasive inactivity, as you say....then, well....so be it, I guess. Surely it won't always be like this, though - mmmmmm, ohhh aye, *one* day, I guess...we just have to live in hope, apparently. :)

Dawn.

3. SabotJune

SabotJune Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2000
    Hi!

We all been trying to meet up, but all of us have other lives too. It's so hard to all get together between work, children, spouses, etc. I saw everyone at the Sidney Sparkles event tonight. So very good! I was hoping to meet the cast after the parade, but a brawl/mini-riot erupted where we were at the end of it that we got scared and left (I'm just grateful that I didn't get tazered again tazered again).

There are many events that I am trying to organize, such as a camp-out/line-up for the ILM-powered STAR TREK, TRANSFORMERS and GI JOE. In addition to hoping to try and organize some Sunday evening CLONE WARS viewing parties, I would say that the spirt of this board is alive and well!

4. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Most of those who meet do so through links through the Rebel Legion and 501st. I do post "trooping" information through the spring to fall months. Other than that, this site is pretty much dead. Most of the original "movers and shakers" have disappeared into the woodwork, which is a shame.

5. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Oops, wrong FF....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.