main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Game Night--Cancelled

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by CTATigger, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CTATigger

CTATigger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Hi Guys,
    I am afraid we're going to have to cancel Game Night for this Saturday. Hopefully, we can reschedule at another time.
    Todd's Mom is in the hospital. (All prayers appreciated for her swift recovery.)
    ~Christine, Todd & Scotty (Tigger too!)

2. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Oh no, I hope Todd's mom has a speedy recovery! Just take care of your family, there's always another time for games.

3. darthhomeboy-G

darthhomeboy-G Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2005
    My Prayers are with you both and have faith in God.

4. Terrell78

Terrell78 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    Family always comes first. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

5. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    Thanks, all! We are hopeful she'll make a full recovery. She has pneumonia and hemolytic anemia. She had to have blood transfusions. She is being given i.v. antibiotics and having her hemoglobin monitored. Once the pneumonia resolves and her blood levels are normal, she'll be out of the woods.

6. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    Thank you all for all your good thoughts and prayers. Todd's mom is expected to be discharged from the hospital tomorrow and is on her way to recovery:)
    We hope to reschedule the Game night soon!:)

7. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    I'm glad she's recovering well and will soon be at home. :)

8. Gold-Five

Gold-Five Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2004
    Hey gang,

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers, my Mom is home and feeling much better. Which is good, because on Saturday Christine (CTAtigger) slipped on the ice at the end of our driveway and broke both bones in her lower left leg. I've been spending most of this week running back and forth to the same hospital where my Mom and Dad were at. Christine had surgery on Sunday to put a rod and screws in her leg and I got to bring her home last night. Prognosis is six weeks off her leg and she currently has a huge cast running from her knee down. Hopefully she will be able to switch to a lighter brace in the next week or so.

We'll try to be back in touch as soon as we can manage.

Thanks,
    Todd

9. BlastyTrooper

BlastyTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2003
    Christine- so sorry to hear about your fall. We hope you heal very quickly. [:D]

10. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    It is good that your Mom is home and doing better, but yikes, that is terrible news about Christine's leg! We hope she recovers quickly.

11. Terrell78

Terrell78 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    Any update on Christine?

12. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    Hi all,
    I am home from the hospital and can't weight bear on the bum leg for another month. I had to have surgery and a rod and screws put in because my leg was broken in more than one place, both bones, below my left knee. I am feeling pretty miserable and of course the timing on this couldn't be any worse....as if there would ever have been a good time for it.
    I hope at some point I will be feeling good enough that maybe we could have folks over for a movie watching night or something...
    All prayers for healing are appreciated....
    ~Christine

13. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    We will keep you in our thoughts!

14. Neutron_Force_45

Neutron_Force_45 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2004
    OMG Christine I really hope your doing better!!!!!!!!!! Steve and I miss you guys!!!!!!!!........I'm leaving for the hospital in about 10 minutes, my mom is having a breast operation to get rid of her cancer......fingers crossed.....hopefully the dust settles around here soon We'd love to see you all!

15. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    I hope things go well for your mom!

We miss you guys. :D

16. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh, gosh, I will keep your mom in my prayers! We miss you and Steve, too! We'll have to figure out a plan to get together if life ever returns to what passes for normal again!
    I just went for my 6 week, post surgery appointment and my doctor says I have to stick to 25% weight bearing (which means I still can't walk, my bones aren't healed yet) and do physical therapy 3 times per week for a month and then come see him again. Very, very frustrating not being able to chase after the little one!
    Anyway, hope to see everyone sometime soon....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.