main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] If you have a technical error, log it in here.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Gandalf the Grey, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Yeah, it was on the tf.net main page (not the forums). It's not doing it now though, so not sure if you already tried something but if you did it worked.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I left a note in the Admin forum about it. The boards are so slow for me right now that I can't do anything useful. (I think it's my broadband as opposed to problems here.) Graphics are real slow.

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    If you do see it on TheForce.net's main page again, please try to gather as much info as you can and post it here. I'm going to email Philip about this right away just in case.

4. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    For me the page downloads are astonishingly fast! I've never known the JC forums to run so fast. :eek:

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Thanks for the heads-up, Despised1. As Grimby said, if you (or anyone else) encounters it on TFN Main please let us know everything that you can. (Error messages, AV messages, etc.)

6. Shadow_Wolf75

Shadow_Wolf75 Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2005
    I just got a virus popup here again, going into The Saga fanfiction board. Avast keeps coming up with this address (and I've broken the link for safety reasons): http:// the-imageshack.com /291058/index.php|>{gzip} . It says there's a trojan called JS:Downloader-ABU. I finally just went and blocked the website at my router.

7. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I get a warning when I try to go to theforce.net main page. I use Google Chrome, this is what comes up:

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
    The website at theforce.net contains elements from the site the-imageshack.com, which appears to host malware ? software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
    For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for the-imageshack.com.

If I follow the link to the diagnostic page, I get this:

What is the current listing status for the-imageshack.com?
    Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
    Of the 23 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-11-24, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-11-24.
    Malicious software includes 127 scripting exploit(s), 114 exploit(s).

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS25129 (MONITORING).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
    Over the past 90 days, the-imageshack.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
    Yes, this site has hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. It infected 12 domain(s), including filmofilia.com/, freeexampapers.com/, twnpnews.com/.

I can try to get some screen grabs if that helps. I haven't had any problems with the forums.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've gone there using Firefox without problems. It's possible Google had the site blacklisted and that has now been lifted. I know Grimby emailed the site owner and tech person about the problem yesterday.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I checked Saga - it's using the same banner as the rest of the site and that should be clean. Anyone else still getting warnings on any of the boards? (If so, which one and is it the same error as above?)

10. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Yes, the error is still the same as above and is still occurring when you click any of the links in TheForce.Net below.

11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    TFN staff are currently working on fixing both the boards and TFN Main. Anthony says he found the problem and will be monitoring it to see if it comes back. If you are still getting warnings, they suggest clearing your browser's cache and refreshing the page.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Done both. I'm still getting the warning in Firefox.

13. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I don't think the warning is going to go away just because you clear your cache. The warning is there because the site is blacklisted - just like last time.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - I guess they still have to have Google unlist it as malware.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Removing the scripts that normally run with the banners has done remarkable things for load times, even with modern fast javascript crunching browsers.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I have encountered a serious problem as of late.

The forums now load .3 seconds longer due to the installation of all these silly banners.

This is unacceptable.

17. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I am sorry for your hardship. This is indeed unacceptable. We will double our efforts in order to quickly find a solution to this problem.

18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Got the malicious code warning from Google Chrome again... some imageshack file / image is causing the site to be flagged, apparently... joyous.

19. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    What page were you on? Can you try clearing your cache and trying again? It should be gone.

20. DK_Force85

DK_Force85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    I'm getting it too, on all pages.

Edit: The problem seems to be fixed. That was fast!

Edit #2: I take that back. It's still doing it.

21. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I'm getting a coding Trojan with McAfree and I use IE 8.

22. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I haven't seen anything in Firefox since we switched the banners back. I opened up Chrome though and got the malicious code warning right away. However, I cleared my cache, restarted Chrome, and everything is back to normal. I would recommend trying that.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm not seeing anything in Firefox either. I've been here and on TFN Main this morning and both are fine. As Grimby suggested, try clearing your internet temp files to see if that helps.

24. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I use Firefox and I get the warning about "Reported Attack Site!"

25. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Just started getting the generic attack warnings through firefox.

I've had to disable them just so I could post here.

EDIT: ALERT ALERT!

Just had sophos flag me-
    a plug-in in the temp. folder classed as virus/spyware

"C:\Documents and Settings\Ellen\Local Settings\Temp\plugtmp\plugin-pdf.php"

Apparently its Troj/PDFEx-DW
    We're under attack again.