main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Discussion, Episode III. SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by DarthMoby, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Please use this thread for non debate, general discussion of ROTS. Thanks!

2. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    IT WAS A GREAT MOVIE!!!

3. OldjediMasterYoda

OldjediMasterYoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005

Most draining film Ive seen in a long time some very sad scenes also

4. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I did enjoy it... but there was a few parts of the movie that needed a little more something.

Al in all I enjoyed it and the movie hasn't really sunk in yet so I will have to see it a few more times before I make a final decision on the movie.

What I liked was:
    1.Dooku vs. Anakin
    2.Mace and Sidious battle
    3.Yoda and Sidious battle
    4. Obi Wan vs. Anakin I thought we would of seen more anger and rage in Anakin's fighting.

Palpatine was by far the best part of the PT for me and he was my favorite in this movie.

I felt the movie was going too fast no real backround on things sometimes.
    You saw Tion for a whole, what two minutes?

General Grievous vs. Obi Wan was..ok
    Grievous went down too blah I think.
    Barely anything on Tarkin.
    And did everything shift at hyerspace once the Republic became the Empire...like the officer's uniforms at the end.
    I would of liked to see more of Anakin fighting the Jedi.
    The battle on the planets wasn't very much too little especially on Kashhykk.

1.I would of liked to have seen Yoda going to Dagobah
    2.What of the stories I heard of Qui Gon's spirit appearing and Yoda just references that he has been talking with Quin Gon? I would of like to have seen that in the movie.

I would of liked to heard from Bail "C-3P0 you need to have your memory wiped BECAUSE you know too much and for everyone's safety involved it would be necessary.

Not just "Have this protocol droid's mind wiped."

I think I just need to see it again and take a different view of the movie.
    But don't get me wrong I liked it it just didn't meet my expectations but maybe my opinion will change.

5. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    It would have been nice if they showed Republic officers before it became the Empire. For months in the Repuiblic comics they have been sporting Imperial-ish officer's uniforms.
    In the novel, Grievous speaks to a Lt Cmdr Needa who is commanding the Republic warhip Indomitable. And speaking of the novel, I recommend it even tho I haven't finished it yet. Gives lots more detail about the galaxy and characters.

I agree about Tarkin, even Mon Mothma. If he's going to put them in they should at least have a line or something so everyone gets who they are.

As far as Qui-Gon, maybe they couldn't get Liam back. Would have been nice though. Finished the GBA Ep3 game this
    was in the end cutscenes :)

And if we get the Tarzan yell again, could we at least see some Wooks pulling droids' arms out of their sockets? They've been known to do that I hear...

I heard somewhere there was maybe a short Dagobah scene filmed. Maybe it'll show oon the DVD.

If you ever decide to fight Obi-Wan and you get him so that he's barely hanging on to a ledge...run for your life! LOL

I read a review on AICN where the person brought their 5 yr old nephew who only knew the PT, so he had no clue what was coming at the end! "Where'd all the good guys go?" he asked.

6. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    I agree with Dex. Needed more wookiee!! When I heard the Tarzan yell I giggled.

As far as the memory wipe...standard procedure. I actually loved how not a big deal it was made out to be.

Emotionally, it kicked my butt.

I'm not surprised they pulled a Darth Maul on Grievous. I.E. Big hipe, cheap kill. Don't back Obi Wan into a corner thats for sure.

Seeing it again later today. Wahoo

7. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I just saw this again this morning and I am still of the same opinon.

Get out the Lucasville Slugger!!!

Also if I ever see Rick McCallum I want to thanks for lying through his teeth to ME at Celebration III.

I know he has to kiss Lucas's botttomside, but to build ME up like that...

I thought he was at least a stand up guy when he admitted he knows and understands the complaints about the last two movies.
    And he STATED "You won't be disappointed with this one"
    I guess they don't really listen to the fans or they really didn't learn from the past mistakes.

I wish I could be given a memory wipe of the last three movies and forget the PT even exists at this point.

I give ROTS a 2 and half stars out of 4 :(

If they ever have a Special Edition of this movie I hope it is a restoration project to make the movie the way it was suppose to be done.

8. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    There are alot of "we" and "us" in those statements Chris. I for one enjoyed the movie greatly.

9. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Well, you know something is afoot when even the critics are liking it. Even Ebert & Roeper gave it 2 thumbs up.
    Not that I give weight to critics in general anyway.

10. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I edited my post obove. Wasn't looping everyone else into my opinion. Sorry if that was the way it came across.

But seeing the Original Triology in the theaters and seeing this trilogy, there is just no comparing the two at all.

Like I said I liked the movie it was ok, but didn't live up to the hype for me.

11. OldjediMasterYoda

OldjediMasterYoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005

I thought it was brilliant

12. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    An interesting difference I noticed digital vs film:

Aayla's Death
    Digital: The clones start shooting her and the camera pans up over a freaky flower.

Film: The clones start shooting her and she falls to the ground with a blaster burn on her. Camera pans over freaky flower.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.