main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Getting to know you....

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by MysterySith, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Name: Karen
    Female
    FanForce: ~*~*~ INDY KNIGHTS ~*~*~
    Time on: before snowboards, when the icons were simple, but cute
    Fave Movie: ANH (old school, baby!)
    Fave Character: Han Solo (every girl has to have a scoundrel in her life); and who doesn't love R2D2 ?!?
    SW Fan: since I saw ANH in the theater as a kid
    Most looking forward to: EVERYTHING!!!!

2. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Name: Deborah
    Male or Female: Female
    Location/FF Chapter: Toronto Long Line
    Time on FF boards: Well...a long time :D
    Favorite SW Movie: TESB
    Favorite SW Character: Obi-Wan, Artoo
    Been a SW fan since: Special Editions
    What you look forward to most about SWC2: meeting a whole lot of people and dressing up

3. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    name: ann
    female
    favorite sw movie: empire strikes back
    favorite character: obi-wan kenobi
    been a sw fan since: 1983
    what i'm looking foward to: just being there

4. sabe-oola

sabe-oola Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2002
    Name: Melissa
    Location/FF Chapter: Louisville, KY
    Time on FF boards: March 2002 (yea, I'm a newbie....)
    Favorite SW movie: ROTJ
    Favorite SW Character: Oola, Leia,Wicket
    Been a SW fan since: Way back in '86 when we got our first VCR, and the first video tape we bought was ROTJ...I remember just sitting there being mesmerized......and then I was even more ecstatic to find out that it was part of a triogy!! (Hey...I was only 5 years old......)
    What you look forward to most about SWC2: The costumes!!!!! I can't wait to finally wear a costume and have a place to wear it to so that I don;t look out of place.........Oh yeah, and meeting Carrie Fisher...hehe.........

5. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Name: Donna
    Male or Female: female
    Location/FF Chapter: Boise, ID
    Time on FF boards: just recently
    Favorite SW Movie: all of them
    Favorite SW Character: the Skywalker family, especially Luke
    Been a SW fan since: 1977
    What you look forward to most about SWC2: anything and everything SW related

6. FBTBTim

FBTBTim Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2002
    Name: Tim
    Male or Female: Male
    Time on FF boards: Not very long
    Favorite SW Movie: RotJ
    Favorite SW Character: Chewbacca
    What you look forward to most about SWC2: Meeting everyone, putting up a (hopefully) great exhibit in the Fan Room.

7. Grendelbob

Grendelbob Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    Name: Bryan
    Male or Female: male
    Location/FF Chapter: Austin, TX
    Time on FF boards: since pre Ep I
    Favorite SW Movie: ESB - loosing limbs and finding out family secrets, introduction of Yoda...so much at one time, in one movie!
    Favorite SW Character: Chewie, he's always just doing his own thing.
    Been a SW fan since: The first time I saw New Hope. and i can barely remember that far back.
    What you look forward to most about SWC2: the mayhem, the insanity of it all, getting to meet fellow fans, and rockin' it out in Indianapolis!

8. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I got my plane tickets, I added Thursday to my hotel reservation, I got my passes and fan lanyards, my checkbook is now $1100 lighter (and I'm not even there yet), I'm going to Celebration II!!! Can you tell I'm excited?

Name: Carolyn
    Age: 51 (in the running with Helen for oldest Star Wars Fan)
    Male or Female: female
    Time on FF boards: recent
    Favorite SW Movie: ANH
    Favorite SW Character: Leia, Han, Luke, Chewie
    Fan since: 1977 -- since a friend forced me to go the first week of the screening. I've been hooked since.
    What you look forward to most about SWC2: Sharing my love of Star Wars with my 15 year old son.

9. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Name: Adam
    Time on FF boards: Since the beginning
    Favorite SW Movie: Star Wars!
    Favorite SW Character: I can't pick one, so I'll say - All of them!
    Fan since: December 1996.
    What you look forward to most about SWC2:
    Hanging out and meeting as many people as I can, having fun celebrating the reason we are all getting together -- Star Wars! It's going to be great! Can't wait!

10. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    CarolynNC, I'm happy to "meet" you! We probably will be the oldest actual fans there :) I'm a February baby, BTW... so, do I have you beat?

I'm very glad to see someone else continues to have a interest in the best movie franchise ever. I've loved it since '77, and I'm even involved in the Lining Up crowd at the Chinese Theater for the next episode...can't get enough of it. The camaraderie of SW fans is terrific.

11. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    Hi ValedaKor,

I think I win (although I'm not sure that's a good thing :D)! I'll be 52 in August. I'm really excited about the Celebration. My son has grown up on the trilogy. It will be fun to see it all thru his eyes. There's going to be so much going on. Hopefully as newbies to the con scene we won't be overwhelmed.

Carolyn

12. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    There are two of us existing in "TheWampas" so...

Mr. Wampa
    Name: Dwayne
    Time on boards: Not long enough
    Favorite Star Wars Movie: ESB (though after seeing it so many times, I generally fast forward through the Yoda-bits)
    Favorite character: Boba Fett, Veers, Pote Snitkin and Wes Janson (from SFoA)
    Star Wars fan since: Seeing it in 1977 in a theater in Maryland that is now a Chinese restaurant.
    What I am looking forward to the most at C2: The merchandising, seeing the actors, and sharing my theory that the movies are actually about R2D2.

Mrs Wampa
    Name: Marcy
    Location/Time on Boards: Same as above
    Favorite Star Wars movie: ESB
    Favorite SW character: Bounty hunters, Vader, Gonk, Worrt and all the freaky looking critters in general
    Fan since: EST 1977
    What I am most looking forward to at C2: The general Star Wars dizziness, standing in line with folks just as freaky as I am about Star Wars and not having to work for six whole days.

13. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Name: Kristina
    Location/FF Chapter: Minnesota Force
    Time on FF boards: I registered on the regular JC UBB boards back in May of 99, only wandered into the FF boards sometime around January 2001.
    Favorite SW Movie: Tie ROTJ, ESB close second
    Favorite SW Character: From the movies, I love Han, Lando, and R2 all equally.
    Been a SW fan since: I first saw ANH in 95 or so, but became an obessed fan 1997 when I saw all 3 in the theaters during the SEs
    What you look forward to most about SWC2: Meeting people from FanForce, meeting board members not associated with FF, meeting people I've traded SW stuff with via the net, and meeting celebrities/getting autographs. :)

~*~Bria

14. Muellman

Muellman Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    Name: Erik
    Location/FF Chapter: None/Gainesville, FL
    Favorite SW Movie: ESB
    Favorite SW Character: The big DV (Vader)
    Been a SW fan since: 1983
    What you look forward to most about SWC2: Finding cool people since I be all alone when I be in Indy <sob>. However, I look forward to finding some cool people to get a drink with and have fun with at C2.

15. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    Name: Jeff Campbell
    Location/FF Chapter: Indianapolis/Indy Knights
    Time on FF boards: Lurked in the JC since 99, registered to post in September of 2000, started visiting the Indy Knight FF Board in December of 2000, attended my first meeting in January of 2001.
    Favorite SW Movie: All of them.
    Favorite SW Character: Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker are tied at this point
    Been a SW fan since: June of 1977. It was the first movie I ever attended........three weeks after I was born.
    What you look forward to most about SWC2: Meeting all of the people I've met on the boards, complete immersion in the Star Wars universe if only for a weekend, the concert, meeting the celebrities, getting some autographs, and enjoying a few perks of being an Indy Knight :)

16. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Name: Ed Dexter ("Dex")
    Location/FF Chapter: Salem, MA/Boston Rebels
    Time on FF boards: about a month, but registered years ago :-D
    Favorite SW Movie: Empire, all Jedi had was a bunch of muppets.
    Favorite SW Character: tough call...
    Been a SW fan since: May 1977 baby!
    What you look forward to most about SWC2: Meeting lots of other fans and not feeling like i'm the only walking SW encyclopedia in the town!!

17. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Name: Campbell Evans
    Age & gender: 30, male
    Location/FF Chapter: The Orlando System
    Time on FF boards: since December
    Favorite SW Movie: Episode V
    Favorite SW Characters: See Threepio, Chewbacca
    What you look forward to most about SWC2: meeting more people who speak my language

18. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Name: Scott
    Location/FF Chapter: NASHVILLE AFTER DARTH
    Favorite SW Movie: ESB
    Favorite SW Character: Luke Skywalker
    Been a SW fan since: 1977 - I was 6 when I fisrt saw STAR WARS. Every movie has paled in comparison to this grand saga ever since.
    What you look forward to most about SWC2: Hanging out with friends, and other great fans. Catching up with a good friend from the Episode I line that moved to the Lone Death Star state. Checking out all the exclusive activities. The 25th Anniversary concert is going to rock! :D

19. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Name: Deron
    Time on FF boards: Since '99 ?
    Favorite SW Movie:There is no one Fave
    Favorite SW Character: Yoda
    Fan since: Summer '77
    What you look forward to most about SWC2:
    Signing autographs for all those rabid Xizor's View fans out there. Fees and times will be announced later........

Now, on with the countdown!

20. Mara-hari

Mara-hari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Name: Heidi
    Male/Female: Female
    Location/FF Chapter: Just joined the Steel City Jedi Knights back in January

Time on FF boards: I've been lurking for a pretty long time, but didn't actually sign up until Feb. of this year, and don't post a lot. Reading is a lot more fun - you guys are a riot! I'ts so great to know there's people out there as crazy as I am about Star Wars.

Favorite SW movie: ANH
    Favorite SW character: Qui-Gon Jinn - an honorable man with a bit of a renegade streak - my kind of guy.

Been a SW fan since: 1977 - it was the first movie I ever saw, and I've been crazy about it ever since. I've also managed to corrupt most of my siblings (I even have a brother who's coming out to C2 with me) and my parents still think I'm nuts.

What you look forward to most about SW C2: walking around in my Jedi costume in the midst of something that will probably be the closest to reality the SW universe gets, meeting people who who are just as nuts as I am, having a great time, and plain getting away from my responsible, practical job for 5 days and being a total fan girl. ;o)

21. Panjin

Panjin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    Helen and Carolyn, I have you beat by a year!
    Name: Patricia
    Time on Boards: New to the board.
    Favorite Movie: ANH - what started it all.
    Favorite Character: Luke, of course!
    Fan since: Opening day, 1977
    I'm looking forward to seeing and meeting a bunch of wonderful fans. Celebration I was fabulous, this one will be even better!

22. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Carolyn and Patricia, we had better not all be seen in the same place -- they will want to break out the rocking chairs and the canes... :)

Very happy to see us "oldest fans" get the chance to participate in something that is the coolest thing going. I'm participating in the Line Up at Grauman's Chinese Theatre, so I can say that :)

Counting the days to Indy....

23. JediRainer

JediRainer Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Name: Lorraine
    Age: 45 (I am about a month younger than Carrie Fisher, my youngest daughter is less than a month younger than Natalie Portman)
    Time on FF boards: Was logged as JediMasterRainer in 1999, relogged as JediRainer this month
    Favorite SW movie: ESB--sat through three straight showings in a theater in Utah in June 1980 (and they let me pay just once)
    Favorite SW Character: Han Solo
    Been a SW fan since: Summer of 1977--fellow U of Hawaii college mates and I saw it at a theater in Honolulu several times
    What you look forward to the most about SWC2: Going with my husband of 21 years, a fellow SW fan; getting freebies for our six children and nine grandchildren (SWC1 took care of birthdays and Christmas in 1999); and meeting other fans, especially other seasoned veterans!

24. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Name: Don
    Location/FF Chapter: Cleveland, OH/Fan Force Cleveland (soon to be official)
    Time on boards: since March 01
    Favorite movie: ANH
    Favorite character: too many to list
    Been a fan since: my sister took me to Southgate Cinema in 1977
    Looking forward to at SWC2: Carrie Fisher [face_love](damn the restraining order ;) )

25. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    Carolyn and Patricia, we had better not all be seen in the same place -- they will want to break out the rocking chairs and the canes...

LOL

From the looks of it I just might need that cane by day two. So much to see...So little time!

Carolyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.