main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Goodbye -- ROTJ AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Tarado, May 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade_stone

jade_stone Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    YOU'RE BACK! YAAAAAAYYYYYY! PARTY TIME! :D Lots of good posts that I've been missing out on!

2. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Vader! Go save your son. :p Be a nice Daddy Darth! And that's an order!! ;)

3. TreeCave

TreeCave Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    That was good! Why is it fanfic authors do such a good job of showing how Mara and Luke affect each other, while the profic authors couldn't even build up bit of cheap sexual tension? LOL! Good work, Tarado!

I'm thinking the next post or so is going to be very, very tense.

4. Tarado

Tarado Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2001
    Shezan: Evil cliffhanger....ha ha ha ha [face_devil]
    Inez: Wow! Thanks! what a compliment :)
    RebelMom: Well, life wouldn't be any fun if we gave Luke a break. :)
    Jedi_Liz: Thanks!
    Jade_stone: :D :D
    Vader_Incarnate: It's ok to be the only one rooting for Vader--he needs someone to cheer him along! :D
    TreeCave: It's the part of L/M the fanfic authors like the best, I guess. :)

Thanks for your replies! You guys are terrific! :D :D

5. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    Yeah, he needs the moral support!! :D

*takes out pompoms*

Vader, Vader, he's our man,
    If he can't do it, no one can!
    Turn on your master, tan his hide,
    Turn away from the Dark Side!! :D

*runs across thread with pompoms*

6. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
  7. Dancing_Jansons

Dancing_Jansons Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    More soon? <looks hopeful>

Up!

8. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    *cartwheels to a halt and thrusts out pompoms again*

Who still doubts that Darth will win?
    To do so is a mortal sin!
    If you're not a fan, just wait and see,
    (But your lack of faith disturbs me.)

Get your nifty red blade out,
    And beat some sense into the lout!
    We?re right here to cheer you on,
    Until you?ve finished and you?ve won!

Vader, Vader, Dark Lord of Night:
    We just know you?ll win this fight!
    Slimy Palpy is full of sass,
    So beat him up and kick some a**!

*cartwheels away*

Bad things happen when V_I is bored. :p More story SOON!

9. Dancing_Jansons

Dancing_Jansons Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Yay!

Hehe, that was GREAT, v_i!

10. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Wow, great post. :D More soon please. :D

11. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I made it! Nice post, and I'm greedy for more. :)

12. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
    V_I: Wow, what talent! I am very impressed. :D
    Jacen: Thanks!
    Mariah: Glad you made it ;)

I'm not quite sure how soon I'll be able to get a new post out. I'm unbelievably busy as usual, but I stored a few posts away for a rainy day. Give it a couple of days...I've got to spread this out a little bit, right? :D :D

-Tarado :D

13. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
    V_I: Wow, what talent! I am very impressed. :D
    Jacen: Thanks!
    Mariah: Glad you made it ;)

I'm not quite sure how soon I'll be able to get a new post out. I'm unbelievably busy as usual, but I stored a few posts away for a rainy day. Give it a couple of days...I've got to spread this out a little bit, right? :D :D

-Tarado :D

14. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    I read through this entire story...took a while, but it was definently worth it. :D

But...*gasps*...I read this far and I don't know how it is going to end. :eek:

Please post soon. You have me on the edge of my seat. ;)

~*Senoj*~

15. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
    sorry for the double post! Welcome to the story, Senoj! Glad you like it! Maybe I can put something up Monday, since there's no school. What do you think? Yes? :D :D

16. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    I think that is an absolutely marvelous idea. ;)

~*Senoj*~

17. Enigma_Jade

Enigma_Jade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Mmm. 'Tis Monday! Postie? :D

18. Silver_Solo

Silver_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    I LOVE this fic!!! It has to be my new favorite and it makes me sad that I just found it about a week ago--but I'm all caught up now. It's all good.

I think you've written Luke really well. He seems to have depth. Leia and Han's story is great. In the EU, I never thought they should have waited to get married as long as they did.

I can't wait for the next post! Don't draw it out for my sake! I love long posts! Especially when they're all VERY, VERY close together!!! ;)

19. ismaren

ismaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
  20. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
    well, sorry about that[/]delay. ...I'm busy with homework right now, but I'll post on Saturday....Ok?

21. Silver_Solo

Silver_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    Saturday
    Today is Saturday!
    I got promised a post today!
    Post today!!!
    No more delay!!!!

This random break into song has been brought to you by a crazed person.

UP, UP, UP!

22. Tarado

Apr 6, 2001
    Ah, but Saturday is not over, and here is a post! :) And welcome to the story, Silver_Solo! :)

?They?ve been looking for you, you know.?

?I know.? Luke stared at the unopened ration bar in his hands. ?I knew they would be.? He looked up at her. ?And you got placed in charge of the team that would find me, didn?t you??

Mara shrugged. ?I was teamed up with Vader for Palpatine?s own amusement. I think he thought we would kill each other.?

Luke smiled. ?And did you??

Mara snorted. ?Nearly,? she answered. ?But not quite. I did my best to endure it.? She shrugged. ?It was my punishment for allowing you to escape from the Conqueror. That, and I guess it was something to entertain the Emperor while he waited for you to be found.?

?I take it that Vader got cut out of planning this little excursion,? he murmured, indicating the speeder. He glanced sidelong at her. ?Are you helping me just to spite him??

She shifted uncomfortably, shrugging her shoulders. ?Well?Not exactly. Though I have to admit, it was kind of an added perk.?

Skywalker smiled thinly at the console. ?I don?t imagine that he?s too happy with you at the moment.?

Mara shook her head. ?No, I don?t imagine so. But I don?t really care either.? She eyed him. ?He has had an unhealthy obsession with finding you for the past several years. I think that maybe it has overridden his common sense.?

Luke nodded. ?I think you may be right. Or perhaps familial ties don?t mean to him what I thought they should.? His eyes cut to the floor. Perhaps I was wrong about him.?

Mara didn?t answer. But Skywalker seemed too wrapped up in his thoughts to notice.

?So is that what made you change your mind?? he asked, turning to regard her again with those startlingly blue eyes.

Mara glanced down at her hands, feeling her face warm in chagrin. ?Call it an attack of conscience, I guess,? she murmured. Four months ago, she would have labeled it as foolishness, a weakness that would need to be eliminated as soon as possible. But something had changed. She wondered where it was down the line she?d discovered that compassion was not a frailty.

?I?m probably going to regret it, but it?s too late to turn back now.?

Luke nodded, not speaking.

?So, if I?m allowed to ask, what in the worlds brought you to Derra IV anyway?? Mara changed the subject, taking a cautious bite out of her ration bar.

Skywalker grimaced, avoiding her eyes. ?I had no intention of staying here for long. But?circumstances changed and I was left with no other choice for the time being.?

?Cheated out of a perfectly good ship, huh?? Mara asked. Once again, she could feel the Jedi?s eyes on her face. ?You really should have a little more business savvy when it comes to dealing with pirates,? she went on. ?Or else they?ll clean you out.?

?I know,? he answered regretfully. ?Unfortunately, it is one of those fields in which I have no experience.?

?Too bad.?

?Yes,? he nodded. ?Then perhaps things would have worked out better.?

There was something in the tone of his voice that set off warning bells in the back of Mara?s mind. ?What do you mean by that?? she asked him. ?Things are working out just fine now.?

Luke?s eyes flickered briefly to hers and then looked away. ?Yeah,? he said neutrally.

Another silence ensued. Mara was quickly tiring of this trip?their edgy conversations and uneasy silences were beginning to grate on her nerves.

She sighed, flicking her stony gaze to the console, which promptly informed her that there were still three hours to go. Perhaps it was her turn to take a nap. Skywalker had already volunteered to keep watch while she rested, but she?d declined.

?Where are you going to go after this is all over?? Luke asked, jolting her from her thoughts.

Mara looked up at him. ?If we get out of here, you mean?? She eyed the dark, rain-splattered viewport, not waiting for a reply. ?It?s a good question, actually. I haven?t really thought that far ahe

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    A postie! Yeah!

Luke has been on the edge for too long. He didn't even think about Leia coming for him. She might find him, but the imps might find her first. What a mess.

fun though. :)

24. Shezan

Shezan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2001
    Yes!!! A terrific post!!!!!

25. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    OK, Mara's got him. Now if she could only talk some sense into him...

inez

26. jade_stone

jade_stone Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    YOU'RE ALIVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Did I take 1000? I am sooooo sorry if I did! I never have a clue what number I'm going to take. Can I make up for it by saying that was a very satisfying post?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.