main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI Grand Rapids Symphony at the Chase Picnic Pops 7-12,7-13

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TX0338, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX0338

TX0338 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2005
    The Grand Rapids Symphony Summer Picnic Pops series on July 12 & 13 at Cannonsburg Resort. Concert starts at 7:30. Theme is "Sci-Fi Symphony" with music from science fiction including Star Wars, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Star Trek, Stargate, Spiderman, X-Men and more.

This is a casual concert setting, with families invited to bring picnic settings and have some children's activites. They are having a costume contest, and would like to have one of our members judge along with their "celebrity" judges.

The Symphony's concert link is http://www.grsymphony.org/events/concerts/sci-fi-symphony

We will be there both nights. Gates open at 5:30, so they'd like us to be ready at 5:00pm.

We will have room to change in the ski lodge. Just ask one of the red-shirted staff members for assistance to the room. Carol Tanis and Anne Kraley are our contacts with the Symphony.

Cannonsburg Ski Area
    6800 Cannonsburg Rd NE
    Belmont, MI 49306
    MAP: http://www.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&q=Cannonsburg+Ski+Area&near=belmont,+mi&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=11&ll=43.102487,-85.595169&spn=0.217583,0.42778&iwloc=A

Currently attending:
    July 12:
    ?

July 13:
    Brent Ashcroft - Sandtrooper
    Carl Nelson - Royal Guard

Unknown day(s):
    Phil Font
    Jon Leopold
    Donavon Larabel
    John Blizzard

Maybe:
    Lisa Curtis - Visas Marr (RL)
    Scott _____ - Jedi (RL)

Thanks,
    Donavon

2. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    I think I might be able to do the pops concert.
    I mentioned it to my parents because they go all the time, so that event might turn into a family thing.
    The only problem for me would be, I couldn't do it on the 13th, I'm going down to IN for the wedding I have to be in which is also keeping me from doing the WC event. :(
    The pops event would be both the 12th and 13th right?
    Which day would most eveyone do?

3. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Most people will be able to make it on the 13th... So I need people in costume for the 12th. We might do a small photobooth test run on that night too.

Later,
    Donavon

4. claycmu

claycmu Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2006
    Well since you have a DV for WC do you need one for this event. I will be finished mod-ing my chest box this weeked.

5. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    If you would like to do your DV that would be ok. I'd like to see your mods. What night or nights will you be able to make it out?

Thanks,
    Donavon

6. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Post updated with times and such... If you can make either day let me know and I will try and remember to update it again before Thursday.

Thanks,
    Donavon

7. claycmu

claycmu Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2006
    Anyone has any pics from this event?

8. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    What pictures I have I will try and post them to my webshots page. Not sure when I can get to them though. I will let you know.

Thanks for coming out!!!

Donavon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.