main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Great Advertisement for StarFest 04 - Official Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Pics are sitting on my camera right now.

2. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    They shall be posted inna bit. Gotta shrink 'em down a bit to be friendly.

3. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    All in all, the con was GREAT. Probably one of the best ones yet...mostly because I blew off dressing up for most of it and more or less just had fun.

4. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    had lots of fun,spent lots of money in the dealer
    room,it was great to meet everyone.

5. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    You were there??? Who were you?

6. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    THIS WEEKEND KICKED MAJOR ASS!!!!

Most fun I've had in a really long time. You guys are all awesome!!

highlights:

Friday: I didn't do much as far as the con is concerned except buy my SG-1 patches, hang out at the table, and go hang out with everyone in jeff's room afterward, which as always was fun as hell.

The best thing about Friday night was ALISON'S ARRIVAL!!! We love you Alison!!!! :D

Saturday: This day kicked major butt, i tell you what!
    Started off with Kimmay and Sarah putting my SG-1 patches on my uniform, then ironing my bdu's (NOT BVD'S DANGIT!), then strolling around the con all day. Just sorta hung out and had fun, checked out the dealer room and art room, got my picture in my SG-1 uniform taken by the Stargate.
    Then went and watched Lance Henrickson on stage talking about Alien vs Predator (which looks like it's gonna be sweet). They talked about I, Robot and Will Smith sent a personalized video message just for Starfest. It was pretty cool (and pretty funny too).
    Then I went back up to the table for a little bit and hung out, then went back up to my room to chill.

Then started getting ready for my Robin costume (which was cool since that night was the first time even I'D gotten to see it all together!). Went up to josh's room to get my belt, gloves, and mask and ran into Peter Mayhew in the elevator. Seemed like a cool guy, I just kinda talked to him like a normal everyday person and he responded in kind with just casual conversation. Good stuff.
    Got up to Josh's room, got the belt & gloves, then finally got to see myself in the mask...T3H $W337N355!!!! :D

Then I went to meet everyone before the costume contest and EVERYONE'S costume kicked ass!! Stacy was the only person from the group in the contest that wasn't part of the Gotham City Project, and his Jaffa costume was awesome!

Before we went up on stage the lady came back to tell us that only the two finalists would stay backstage after we went up and did our thing, and I looked at the lady and said "oh, that doesn't matter cause we're gonna be the top two anyway" and pointed at stacy and the gotham project. She looked at me like I was some kinda cocky jerk and Stacy thought I had jinxed us. But guess who was right.

WE SWEPT THE COSTUME CONTEST!! Well, our category anyway, hehe. The Gotham Project got first and Stacy's "Dork, First Prime of Adoofus" got second! Great stuff! All of our costumes looked great, can't wait till the pics start showing up on the web!

Oh, and the little paparazzi thing afterward was fun too. I could get used to that (hopefully within the next 10 years I'll HAVE to, hehe).

Saturday night we had a BLAST partying in Jeff's and Jennay's rooms. I was more than a little trashed, tanked, wasted, sloshed...you get the picture. It was outstanding.

Sunday: Today we woke up around 11:30 or noon, got around slowly, and got checked out. I put my Robin costume on again as some of us were being Gothamites again today. I loved it b/c the little kids always wanted to come up and say hi or have their picture taken (or wanted to do both but got scared when the got close...no comments here dangit, they did it to Terry too!) :p I wanted to get a pic with Michael Shanks by the Stargate in the artroom, but I JUST missed him. I did catch him as he was leaving though and he was cool and stopped so I could take a picture.

After that Kelly and I headed into the Main Events room to see the end of the trailer park thing and then Sean Astin. Sean Astin's little deal was pretty cool and I got some pretty good pictures of him I think. Can't wait to get my film developed.

The weekend was just awesome. There were a million little cool things about it that I'm too tired to remember right now (and they'd just make this post even longer, lol). It was friggin blast.

7. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Yes, I am now the offical scarer of little kids. :D

They're more than happy to wave & say hi from a distance, but get them within 5 feet and they clam up and hide their faces. Except for the ome girl who ran up and hugged my leg so her dad could take a picture.

8. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    what a weekend indeed ! i had so much fun . just awsome .

it was great seeing alison . glad you made it and had fun . so nice to spend some time with you . cant wait to see you again !

i havent had that much fun in a very long time . i think this weekend was a close second to celebration 2 ! next year is gonna rock , i can feel it .

seeing everyone in costume was sweet . i cant believe how great all the costumes were . from jedi to batgirl , we rule !

the high point had to have been the costume contest . i remember being in the hall way looking at the costumes and thinking , man everyone of these costumes rock ! then when they anounced us and the whole room exploded with cheers , i realized how much people respect us . we are a class act . truly A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH ! the signs that michael made were such a huge crowd pleaser . it was cool for stacy to have won second place too . that costume could have won 1st any day . i dont think i saw any costumes in the contest that sucked or were done second rate . thats saying alot for our group .

nice to see new faces too . bfett88 , anthonymaul , and t-man made it . we even met chico from pueblo .

i want to thank everyone for all the hard work and dedication to make this one of the best weekends i have ever had . i wouldnt trade the hangover and lack of sleep for anything .

9. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Still putting stuff away. I keep getting distracted by the new action figures I bought and trying to figure out how to make them into costumes. :p

Friday -- Got there a wee bit late, but still with ample time to hang out and stuff. After we left the room, we bumped into Lionel and chilled for a couple hours in that little area with the comfy leather chairs and caught up on what's going on in everyone's lives. Got back to the room around 3am and hit the sack.

Saturday -- Got up late. Missed the costuming panel. Whoops. [face_blush] Was gonna run to the store for a couple things we kinda-sorta needed, but decided to blow them off in favor of having more time to actually BE at the con. Got armored up, made the usual rounds, and went and did the 501st group picture. Bland as usual. [face_plain] I wish people wouldn't take that shizzle so seriously. I got "a talking to" for not having an ANH-accurate kneeplate for a Sandtrooper...LOL. [face_laugh] I'll never get one, purely out of spite. Bwa ha ha. We survived...and ran back for the Aliens Vs. Predator presentation, which totally r0xx0r3d.

After that, went to the Fan Room and hung out at the table while I finished the masks for Batgirl, Robin, and Two-Face. Shortly thereafter, scrambled up to the room to get dressed and glue my face on. Had an invite to go to dinner with Peter Mayhew and the garrison, but really, you guys are much more important. Sheesh -- it took over an hour to get ready! :eek: It all paid off, though, so it's all good. :D Costume contest ruled, and it was nice to see us take both 1st and 2nd in our category, and to see "Best of Show" taken by Doc -- all people I really care about. Next year we'll have to do even better. :D We kicked butt.

It was nice to get together afterwards and hang out, too. Tracked down Dave (Faceplant) and saw him for a bit. The whole drain of the con finally started to get to me later, and I had to crash, but up til then I was havin' a blast. :D I somewhat woke up after a shower and got all our stuff packed, so I didn't need to worry about it on Sunday. I'm kinda glad I didn't go to Gumby's party, cuz I know there would've been no coming back from that.

Sunday -- Actually got up on time (late...LOL), and had an epiphany -- I REALLY need a costume that is 1) eays to get into, 2) easy to move around in, 3) easy to wear, and 4) doesn't require gluing anything to my body. I just wanted to hang out today and not have to worry about anything, ya know? Left the room got pictures with Peter Mayhew, Lani Tupu (and his autograph), and David Franklin. Got the car packed and hung out with Lionel for a bit while Rachel got a pic with Michael Shanks, too. Somehow managed to see Lani Tupu's presentation, too.

Today went unbelievably fast. Hung out at our table for a bit and almost fell asleep on the floor while everyone was at Sean Astin's and Peter Mayhew's things. Finally got my butt up to go see the last of Peter Mayhew's thing, and...I guess...that's about it. It was all over so soon.

My only regret -- not enough time. Lionel, Doc, and I are always so busy with our own little projects, or real life that we never have time to hang out unless we bump into each other somewhere and have a few minutes. The Klingons -- I almost completely missed them, with the exception of a short interlude on Saturday night while raiding the hot dog stand.

You always say you're gonna hang out more, or make more time for friends, and before you know it, months have gone by, you and your friends have new costumes, or your head's covered in latex and plaster in somebody's garage and you're talking about "...That last time everyone got together -- when was that? August 2002?" I swear -- time moves too fast, and life is too frikkin short.

I always come back from stuff life this a little depressed because of those 2 very facts. But I also always come back having a shred of hope that nomatter what, I *will* see everyone again, and at the very least it'll be at another con where we can actually relax, be ourselves, and nobody can say anything about it. Til then, it's just a

10. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    BATMAN!! BATMAN!! BATMAN!!BATMAN!! BATMAN!! BATMAN!!

BATMAN!! BATMAN!! BATMAN!!BATMAN!! BATMAN!! BATMAN!!

11. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    hmmm. i guess I will do a little con log thingamabob. but mine will be shorter.

Friday; get there. had fun hanging out with everyone. it was great having some time to relax.I think we stayed up way too late though 8-} it was great to get to hang around with everyone. had fun creeping tilly and melody out. knowing what they look like and walking up to say hi out of the blue is fun! it was great to see you again alison :D!!! come back more often!!!

Saturday: i drug myself off the floor at 7 am for the panel (i don't even get up this early for school!). really enjoyed seeing another great RMFF panel. hung around for a bit. then went to the SG-14 meeting. thats a nice group of people. and a costume i can do when I have the cash!!! so easy for me. hung around and went to our meeting. the I left. sigh bad traffic and sucky work. then i left for the con again. I tried calling people to let someone know i was one the way. got a hold of zoo and could barely hear for all the noise you ppl were making!!! on the drive up i made great time and awesome fuel useage!!! consumed oddly flavored beverages and partied with the coolest people on the planet!!!! RMFF RULES!!!

sunday:less sleep. went around and did some stuff. i was too sleepy today though. i realyl couldnt focus and i got grouchy as the day went on. sorry if I was horrible to anyone [face_blush] met my friend from laramie and soemone i used to onine RP with. came home and im still up even though Im dead tired.

the best part was hanging around with everyone and having a blast with you all. this was a great weekend for me and i will not forget it. thanks for it all RMFF!!

12. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    [face_blush] Thanks, everyone! I had a fabulous time, and it really meant a lot to me to see all of you and get to spend some time together. I miss you!!! :(

"Dork, First Prime of Adoofus"

I believe Stacy stated that it was "Dor'c". With an apostrophy, of course. :D

13. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I wish I could've made it. :( Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

14. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I believe Stacy stated that it was "Dor'c". With an apostrophy, of course.

*shrug* I call em like I see em ;) :D

15. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Pics incoming...

Setting up a site maybe on Tuesday...

I can't wait to post them, so here they are in the next post...

16. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    http://home.comcast.net/~josh.anaya/starfest2004/index.htm

Terry, take anything you want from that page. I'm working on an actual site for the first time in...ohhhh...years...so will have these a displayed a little better in a couple days.

And everyone -- if you want bigger pics of any of these, let me know -- the originals are all 1600x1200 and are about 700Kb in size.

17. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    can I get a full res one of drunken robin? gonna put that one on my desktop ;) :D

lol

18. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    I'm still sore, and my face is still a little tender, but this weekend ROCKED!!! wooo.

:p

19. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I had alot of fun. I am finally starting to get to know everyone better.

Next Con will be even better.

20. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    same here,the next will be awsome.

21. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I dont know how much I'll do at or with Starfest next year. It being the weekend after C3 exhausts me even now. [face_plain]

The caravan will barely be back from Indy. Ugh.

22. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Yeah, I'm with Mistress. I'll definitely be skipping Starfest next year. In addition to just having gotten back from C3, there is the added cost, and the imminent EpIII. Nope, I'm afraid next April and May will be all about EpIII for me!

Aurgh, I need to start figuring out what costumes to do for C3.

23. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    The weekend after Celebration!!!!!!!

Seriously!

Guess i'm just doing Security next year, that'll simplify things for me a little.

24. Darkhelmetwyo

Darkhelmetwyo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2004
    I'm having withdraws... seriously... All this normality is freaking me out :p

25. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Aw man, the weekend after C3 -- I think it'll be GREAT. Think of the utter chaos and mayhem and the scrambled states of our minds. We'll all surely be as detached from reality as possible without the use of questionably legal controlled substances!

I think it'll be a great case study in how much the human psyche can endure. We all need video cameras. I think by Sunday afternoon of Starfest 2005, it'll look something similar to some of the squishier scenes of "Event Horizon."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.