main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Great America trip invitation from Chicago Force

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mos_Eisleian_Radio, Jun 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Chicago Force is planning a trip to Six Flags Great America on Saturday, September 22. We would love for this to be a combined Midwest trip of fun and rollercoaster bliss. It would be a chance for our groups to meet for the first time, before Star Wars Celebration in Indianapolis next year.

For those who have never been there, Great America is a sprawling rollercoaster heaven, celebrating its 25th anniversary. It's located in Gurnee, 39 miles north of Chicago. They've added two new coasters this year, Deja View and Vertical Velocity. You can find a lot of information on the park at the Great America website.

It would be fantastic if Omaha FanForce could come out and join us.

Phil

2. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    I realized I got one of the name of the coasters wrong. It's Deja Vu, not View.

I know that Omaha is the Midwest city that's furthest from Gurnee, but I didn't want to leave any major Midwest group out of the invitation.

Phil

3. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Thanks for the offer Phil. We brought it up in our last meeting. I have a lack of cash, so I can't go. Later Dawmer

4. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Even though Omaha is about as far from the Chicago area as Tatooine is from Coruscant, if anyone is feeling adventurous and is thinking of coming out to our wonderful theme park in Gurnee, please respond to this thread.

Phil

5. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    I just checked the Great America schedule which has changed in the past few months. They will be closed on September 22. We'll figure out a new date in the next few days. I'm really sorry about this.

Phil

6. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    If there's anyone considering making the trip out, what date would be best: September 15 or October 6 (when the park reopens for Fright Fest)?

Phil

7. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    The new date is October 6. If anyone is planning on attending, please respond in this thread.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.