main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Great Semi-Original Idea for a Star Wars Fan Film...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by turbyfill, Sep 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbyfill

turbyfill Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2002
    Remake "The Seven Samuri" (possibly the greatest movie ever made) and put it in the Star Wars Universe. I would be easier than you think. I'd like to see someone give it a try.

2. SamS

SamS Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Akira Kurosawa was one of George Lucas' heros in cinema, and Star Wars was influenced heavily from The Seven Samurai and many other Kurosawa films (everyone knows that George Lucas had initially wanted an all Japanese cast for Star Wars). It would be interesting to make that circle from then to now.

For someone else, anyway...

3. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    the seven Jedi.

excellent idea

4. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Hey, I got a better idea.
    If we wanna use Kurosawa... why not remake "The Hidden Fortress" as a Star Wars fan film!

Wait a minute...

;)

Rick McCallum loves you!

5. Douz

Douz Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    Cool idea...I remember several years ago someone kicking that idea around. Nothing ever came of it though. I too have thought that would be a good idea for a fan film.

6. Darth_Redicolous

Darth_Redicolous Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
    That sounds great. Now I only need a script and the time to do it. ;)

7. turbyfill

turbyfill Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2002
    I'd be willing to help devise a script for it, but I don't have enough people at my disposal to make 'The 3 samurai' much less the 'bandits' and villagers needed to pull off the idea. But I think it would be worth the trouble to someone willing to go through it.

8. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
  9. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    57 posts...

10. guruguy

guruguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    Sams wrote...
    everyone knows that George Lucas had initially wanted an all Japanese cast for Star Wars

Say Whaaaat?? :eek:
    Are you serious???
    What possible reason would he have had to do that???? :confused:

11. Darth_Jerak

Darth_Jerak Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    "everyone knows that George Lucas had initially wanted an all Japanese cast for Star Wars"

Yeah... I didn't know that... In fact... I don't believe that.

Where'd you hear that?

-Kol.

Cause... if he orignially wanted an all Asian/Japanese cast, why are there no Asian/Japanese persons in the Star Wars Trilogy.

Note: There may well be some Asians in the OT, but I've never seen them.

12. sithgoblin3

sithgoblin3 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2001
    I knew he originally wanted a Japanese actor for Obi Wan, I think it says it in that "From Star Wars to Indiana Jones" book. I didn't know he wanted the whole cast to eb asian though!

13. Rikalonius

Rikalonius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2001
    I kicked that idea around to. I thought about making it centered around the defense of the Jedi Temple. The last battle as Stormtroopers, led by Anakin attempt to siege the Temple. Ambassadors and their security forces would seek refuge in the Temple at the time of the Imperial purge. They would have been the villagers. Like a security force of Wookies, and Alderaanians protecting Bail. The other Jedi end up dying, similiar to the Hoth battle, trying to hold the line so that Yoda can get away with the holocrons and carry on the Jedi tradition. Obi Wan can get away with Luke, and Padme can get away with Bail and Liea.

I had this idea before AOTC so I envision it for EIII, with Boba Fett killing Mace Windu, but now I know he is probably to young.

I even started working on a campaing for Battlegrounds, which I can probably do now that I have a Coruscant tile set.

Whew! Sorry about all that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.