main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East Greensboro, NC FanForce Request

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Padawan311, Jul 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Hello fellow Jedi. I am moving to Greensboro, NC in about a week and I am wanting to get an area FanForce started since one doesnt yet exist. So anyone interested in joining this group please let your voice be heard so we can get a message board started, and be on our way to becoming a FanForce to be reckoned with. :)

Chris

2. Banthadung

Banthadung Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2003
    Yes, I'd be very interested in joining a Greensboro fan force.

3. Master_Legolas

Master_Legolas Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2003
    I am already a force to be reckoned with. Unfortunately nobody knows about that one time at Jedi Training Camp where I whooped up on Vader. Oh well. I would love it if Greensboro had its own FanForce.

4. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    It's going to take three REAL people to start a fanforce chapter; not you plus 2 socks. Sorry.

5. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I dont know what you are implying but, I do personally know both of these guys, and we all work in the same Office, and they are backing me on this Greensboro FanForce idea. What else do I need to do? I was told I just need 2 backers to get a board put up. Just because they both registered today doesnt mean they are both "Socks."

Chris

6. Master_Legolas

Jul 31, 2003
    Well, if I have to be a sock, can I atleast be the right one?

7. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    Well, I think it would be awsome for Greensboro to have a chapter! It is a large area of which I am sure there are tons of SW fans with-in. I think Greensboro would give some of us a run for our money guys. I know someone there that is a big fan (they just don't have internet access so they won't be able to post their desire here (so I am doing it for them). Good luck Chris! I'm totally behind you on a Greensboro FanForce Chapter! MTFBWY!!! ;)

8. Master_Legolas

Jul 31, 2003
    There are alot of fans here in Greensboro, and when Chris told me he was trying to start up a Greensboro chapter, I was totally psyched!! I have been a fan for a long time, but I never cared to join up with FanForce before because there wasn't a chapter close by. Now with the possible beginnings of the Greensboro chapter, I would love to join. Chris is trying to do a really good thing here. Please allow the Greensboro Chapter to be formed.

Will

9. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I keep hearing about people in Greensboro that are waiting for a chapter to start there but have never been on the boards before and are just finding out about them.

Chris is a big part of our Raleigh FF right now and talking to him a lot I'll vouch for him pulling in people from work. Hes ready to do this - and has been talking about it for a very long time.

10. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I've been posting in the Winston area on the boards, but I live in Grnsbro, I havn't joined a FF yet but am planning on doing so soon. It would be easier 4 me if I joined 1 in Grnsbro instead of driving to Winston. I would check out a meeting if there was 1 here.

P.S I have holes in my socks!

11. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Thanks so much for all the support you guys, keep spreading the word! This should be enough posts to get a Greensboro board up and running, be on the watch for it!

The Force is with us!

Chris

12. Master_Legolas

Jul 31, 2003
    Very cool!!!.......just one question though.....has anyone seen the other sock lately? haha......had to ask.

13. Master_Legolas

Jul 31, 2003
    There are no holes in this sock........I am one of a brand new pair. lol

14. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Sock puppets R fun.

15. Master_Legolas

Jul 31, 2003
    I just wanted to post this response so that everyone knows that I am indeed my own person, and not another nic Chris made up. The reason that it looked like chris, bantha dung, and myself were one in the same is because we all work at the same office. Chris, I hope with this you can get the Greensboro chapter started a little bit faster.

May the force be with Greensboro.

Will

16. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Alright guys. I think Mandy will get your forum up in running in no time.

17. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Awesome, thanks for everything guys, sorry about the confusion with the IP addresses, looks like we have it all straightened out now. Greensboro FanForce is in motion, Buckle Up!!!

Chris

18. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Okieday, you guys have your own forum! Please check out this thread for more details.

Congratulations! :D

19. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Congratulations, Greensboro! Chris, we are looking forward for joint events with your group in the near future. Welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.