main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive Half a Million Strong - Congratulations RPF/NSWRPF/RPR for 500,000 posts!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    You know what, why don't you go wait for that one instead of raining on our PARADE!!![face_frustrated]

:p

-B-

2. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Many apologies, Jello! Didn't see you standing over there in the back... :D :D :D

3. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Old friend, how proud I am to see you so...

Well done Hammer on that first post, the stroll down memory lane was fantastic. I can still recall those days and how much a part of my youth this forum was. I still remember how much I treasured the community we had back then.

To see the RPF so strong in the present day - and now one of the highlights of the JC in terms of activity and sheer volume - is tremendous; and a great boon for those who fought for its original creation.

Congratulations to all those people who've made a post or indeed an RP, those who've sweated over GM posts or waded though crammed PM inboxes. You're the folks we should extend our thanks to. For you've made this community what it is today.

I look forward to the day when I can see you all again, here at this same place, when we crack the million, and are going even stronger than today.

Well Done RPF!

4. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    PotHead!

Everybody's coming home!

:D

...Now all we need is AD to walk in the door, and our collection will be semi-complete... :D :D

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    A shout out to the Star Wars...007 Series family, and to our GM who unwittingly allowed us the opportunity to create it, Dubya Scott.

And ditto for Galaxy at War.

I wasn't in on this joke, but when looking back at past posts to provide background information for current ones, and I see things that happened relatively recently ingame, but has a post date of 2006, I too have independently entertained the idea.
    And I don't doubt that if I continue to write in GAW up to the planned end, that could be a serious possibility.

I suppose it would be an e-Old Folks Home! :p

6. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    I rarely venture out. It was fitting I did this time. I would like to acknowledge NaboosPrincess and Imperial_Hammer for their kind and generous support. I inherited Galaxy at War from a very creative and energetic GM whose education interrupted his game management in the RPF. Had I been told what I was getting into, it's doubtful I'd have accepted the GM position of GAW. I_H, NP, Darth_Elu and few others of you were very welcoming and helpful to me from outside the game. I came to my position quite by accident and had not a clue as to managerial difficulties of engaging, directing, and getting out of the way of the writers.

How much more engrossing and phenomenal to adjudicate on others' behalf, motivate, and encourage, as well as creatively direct the contributing members of the RPF, and structure and facilitate the creation of resources and games alike!

Thank you, Moderators past and present for making this not only a welcoming and resourceful home for our games, but for your patience and encouragement to all of us and for setting the bar higher. I don't think it should be underestimated, the degree to which your input and example spurs us to achieve.

Congratulations, everyone!

Sincerely,
    Pash

7. KIRA-SHAY

KIRA-SHAY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2007
    Congratulations to all RPers, past and present =D=

Here's to 1,000,000 :D

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Here, here!

Congrats to us all! :D

I am so proud to be on that list. Well done to everyone who has been here from the start!

9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Congrats to Everybody!]-}

It brings warm feelings to my heart to see that I aided a small crumb to the dent of the whole when I see and count up all the games on the big lists and realize I was in a couple from the start of the threads.[face_blush]

10. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Hey, nice job with this, I_H (and whoever helped him). This is awesome. Congratulations to us all. :)

Aww, shucks. Thanks, Sithy. [face_blush]

Nice to see the RPF's have been popular. Although, (not to cause trouble, but) if I may dispute some things in the "data" on the first post.....

1) The link to "The First 007-style game" takes you to On Her Majesty's Security Service, when the first game was actually From Ryloth With Love. But OHMSS was the forst to get 1000 posts, while Ryloth only got 600+.

2) If I remember correctly....Xavier's may have been the first Non-SW game to reach 1000 posts, but that game moved over to the NSWRPF from the SWRPF. It was already a game before the new Forum opened. Whereas Exiles was actually started in the NSWRPF. (Sure, you may hate me for wanting to give my RPG more credit than it got, but it was bugging me and I felt I had to post it. :p )

11. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Fixed Dubya. ;)

Glad that everyone enjoyed this thing. Made the afternoon compiling it worth while. :)

Tomorrow this thread moves to NSWRPF. If you're looking for it, that's where it is. ;)

Yay you alls again! And I agree w/ some of the elder posters. Even though I've been here for only 4 yrs, I feel like I've already seen a ton of improvement!

-I_H

12. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    First "Native" NSWRPF Game. [face_laugh]

You're awesome, I_H. :p

13. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    To Dubya Scott and Greyjedi in the NSWRPF!

To PoT, L_A, Jello, and especially Mitthy in the RPF!

We owe alot to the ole fellas!

-B-

14. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    *raises glass to the RP community*

Here's to 500,000 posts more. :D

15. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I was just pointed in this direction (don't come here all that often) and woot! Three RPGs of mine made it on the list - and I'm surprised. They weren't forgotten after all, even though they seemed like ages ago! [face_laugh]

Yay! :D

16. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Cool thread, wish I would have seen it earlier. :p

I am surprised how many times something I created, GM'd or Co-GM'd came up on the list (under the old username Darth-Dispicable).

Fun fact: RPG #'s 13, 16, 23 & 55 were all really just one large ongoing franchise, and together they combine to equal 13,275 posts. Those were games that were created for the NSO/GD from the EUC, and spawned more than a few Best Roleplayer and Best GM winners.

They also continued a long and rich legacy of crossover participation between the EUC and RPF, and helped to introduce dozens of new players into the RPF forums.

:cool:

The Largest RPF Threads (over 1000 posts)

13.) - ~Dark Side Uprising: The Return of the Ancient One~ - Darth-Dispicable - 5,143 - 5/7/04
    16.) - Temple of Life: Galactic Defenders Homebase - BOOSTERERRANT - 3,758 - 11/16/03
    23.) - The Lost Temple of the Sith - Darth-Dispicable - 2,842 - 11/16/03
    27.) - Sith Trials (formerly of the SWC forum) - Zedd-Vega - 2,740 - 2/8/05
    55.) - Darkside Uprising II: Imperial Dreams - LadyAngelic - 1,532 - 11/19/04
    71.) - +Passage into Darkness: The Sith Trials+ - Vassago - 1,154 ? 6/14/05

GMs to break 1000 posts multiple times

Darth-Dispicable (x2)

Top Ten Contribution Teams (for games w/ posts greater than 1000)

- ~Dark Side Uprising: The Return of the Ancient One Team: 5,143 posts (Darth-Dispicable)

(Or if we consider the other games within that franchise....Dark Side Uprising: The Return of the Ancient One/ Temple of Life: Galactic Defenders Homebase/ The Lost Temple of the Sith/ Darkside Uprising II: Imperial Dreams: NSO/GD Team: 13,275 posts)

Excellent work putting this together IH, I couldn't imagine how many hours it took to do. =D=

EDIT: I should also mention, the Sith Trials Team (Zedd, Vassago, Despised1, darth_nemisis) technically beats out Xavier's team for Top Ten Contribution teams.

Sith Trials (formerly of the SWC forum) - Zedd-Vega - 2,740 - 2/8/05
    +Passage into Darkness: The Sith Trials+ - Vassago - 1,154 ? 6/14/05
    +The Sith Wars Saga: Sith Trials II+ - Vassago - 354 - 6/18/06

Totaling 4248 posts, and just barely qualifying for the 10th ranked position in that category.

If those changes to the NSO/GD and Sith Trials teams are considered, that would change the following...

Total Between these top 10 Franchises: Greater than 107,584 / 500,000 = Greater Than 21.51%

To this...

Total Between these top 10 Franchises: Greater than 115,955 / 500,000 = Greater Than 23.19%

17. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    :D Nice job at pointing that out, Despised!

A very cool thread...Just now seeing it as well. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.