main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Des Moi, IA Halloween Party/Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Hothie and I want to plan a Halloween party/meeting at our place in October. We can't do it Halloween weekend or the weekend of the 17th, but we were thinking that Saturday the 25th would work well. Any thoughts or opinions on that weekend?

We'd play games, watch Star Wars stuff, and goof off. Costumes are optional.

Everyone would be invited just PM either me or Hothie for directions. I'll post when the meeting date/time is final, just wanted a general idea of interest first :)

2. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    I'll be there! :)

We just got Indy Jones Monopoly, so we want to try it out then.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    :p Course you will!

October 25th at 3PM has been finalized. Please let me know if you're planning to attend so I can plan food and drinks accordingly and PM you directions. A food/drink donation would be welcome as well. We may BBQ on the grill.

4. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    I kinda think it should be an all day thing. Just show up whenever you want. Maybe we start at 2 or so?

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I don't care, that works for me. I'll change the header here and the meetup calendar. Closer to the date I'll post it on the main page too.

6. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I might be up for it. It'll be a week after my birthday and so my calendar ought to be fairly open. Keep me posted.

7. unihawk

unihawk Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2004
    I'll be working till 6pm or later. Will the fun still going on after 7pm?
    I will most likely still be in costume when I get there.

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh yeah, everything should still be going then.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Just bumping the thread as a reminder. Hope to see you guys in a couple weeks!

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Well, our party will now have a Wii! Sadly we only have 2 controllers, and at $40 a pop I don't see us getting two more between now and then. So if you have one and/or can borrow one bring it. Not sure if we'll have TFU before then but we might!

11. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    We just recently bought a Wii. So if anyone out there has a wii-mote to bring, feel free so we can do some multiplayer stuff. (we have 2 right now)

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Ok, we officially have Force Unleashed now and two working Wii-motes with Nunchucks to battle it out.

13. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Wii schmii, can't we just whack each other silly with pieces of colored plastic?

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Sure, we can do that as well. I think I still have about a half dozen crappy lightsabers in the closet :p I'm wearing gloves though. Those pieces of plastic sting!

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Thanks for coming everyone! Doug and I had a blast and we hope you did too. Kyle, Doug's still trying to beat your bowling record :p Hope to see you guys again soon. I'll post about the November meeting dates in the near future.

16. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Just remember, I got that record sitting down, didn't stand up once. Quite honestly, I'm still amazed I got that many pins seeing as how I'd never played it before then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.