main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Happy Birthday Qui-Gon! (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ginger_Jedi, Feb 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001

Title: Happy Birthday Qui-Gon!

Summary: Qui-Gon celebrates his birthday?Obi-Wan style.

Time Frame: Obi is 13

Spoilers: None!

Archive: You want it you got it! If you haven?t asked me previously for my work, drop me a message at gingerninja85@yahoo.co.uk

Disclaimer: All recognisable characters belong to George Lucas. Making no money, so NO LAW SUITS comprende?

Authors Note: Well everyone this is my first attempt at humour so I hope ya?ll enjoy it! ^_^

EeK! What TERRIBLE editing on my part! Sorry about that! Consider it all sorted?

Thanks to Master Mush for giving me some of the ideas for this! *hugs* I?d say what ideas ya gave me but then I?d be spoiling the story!

Dedicated, forever, to Dara, Laura, Jess, Tessa and Rachael (Mush)

In front of me is the galaxy's loudest, most hyperactive and most bouncing-off-the-wall?s sugar high child.

Right at this particular moment though Obi-Wan is fast asleep, tied to a chair surrounded by the chaos of our nearly trashed apartment.

There is chocolate all around his mouth, fizzy drink stains all over his clothes and his hair has cake stuck in it. The small table beside the chair is littered with empty sweet wrappers, empty glasses and empty plates. Behind me the monitor is showing a programme about subatomic particles with the volume cranked up to the max. Despite all of that though Obi-Wan is an image of peace amidst the pandemonium that is our small home.

I wish he were always this quiet.

Let?s start from the beginning. Today is my birthday and somehow Obi-Wan found out (Mace?s brilliant idea I?m sure) and he decided I needed to celebrate in style. Sadly thirteen-year-old boys don?t exactly share my far more mature and grown up sense of ?style? so we spent most of today consuming all the sugary goods known to man while watching the latest holo-movies.

By the evening Obi-Wan was so high on sugar he was insisting upon wrestling me to the ground. I, of course, wasn?t going to stand for that so I punished him accordingly.

Perfect Padawan Punishment (PPP): tickle the little brat until he is begging for mercy.

Unfortunately the kid was not to be so easily subdued and not only did he withstand the torture?uh I mean punishment?but he freed himself and disappeared into my room where I found him bouncing on my sleepcouch . Knowing there was little I could do due to the miserable failure of PPP, I resorted to the only option I had left: join him. After all it was my birthday and there?s nothing like recalling the good old days of your youth as you add yet another year to the clock.

Did I say I had a mature sense of style?

So we bounced on my sleepcouch for the remainder of the evening until night fell. The problem is my poor old sleepcouch wasn?t built to withstand the combined weight of a thirteen-year-old and a man of my size and it broke just as I was plummeting back to the ground. Obi-Wan managed to leap to safety and found my predicament (stuck in the mattress as the frame below snapped) quite hilarious and nearly laughed himself into a premature death.

I pulled myself free of the wreckage and stood above the boy who was rolling on the floor laughing. Being the brilliant man I am, I picked him up and dragged him out of my room and dumped him in his own room. I waited for him to calm down enough to ask: ?So what are we doing in here??

Words were not necessary and I simply pointed?

?at his sleepcouch.

Letting out an exuberant ?Yahoo!?, Obi-Wan was on the sleepcouch and bouncing in an instant. Shoving him over, I too began to bounce again?

?until I cracked my head on his low ceiling. Suddenly being so tall had a downside.

The boy?s limbs turned to jelly and Obi-Wan fell to his knees laughing so hard he began crying. When he managed to catch his breath he yelled ?You hit your head!? over and over before he collapsed into giggles again. Rubbing my skull, I shoved the boy off the bed and onto the floor. But his laughter was unstoppable

2. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    LOL :D

Haha! Great Ginger. Loved the whole thing. Kinda hard to see Qui jumping on his bed though. Funny to think about though. :D

~Swede :p

3. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    [face_laugh] :p [face_laugh]

"Did I say I had a mature sense of style?"

"Oh I hate it when he?s like this. I wished there was a translator for a kid who was fluent in ?The Morning After?-the teenage dialect especially."

[face_laugh] Great job! :p I can completely picture that whole thing going on... :p [face_laugh] You should do one from Obi's POV... ;) :D

4. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    I LOVED IT :)

Not many fics make me laugh out loud, or cover my mouth to stifle a giggle. That was great.

You definately do passable humor :D

Gonna do some more?

5. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hee Hee Hee. The image of Qui & Obi jumping on the bed then having a food fight! ROFLOL :D

6. Erin-Starlight

Erin-Starlight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Thud! It caught me between the eyes. I just gave him my best ?I am not amused Padawan? look but it was spoiled when the cake oozed down my face and crumbled to the ground.

Obi-Wan snorted and once again began laughing uproariously. He just pointed at me and fell to his knees helplessly as the giggles overcame him again.

7. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Oh, that was so good! My boyfriend and I smeared cake in each others' hair at a birthday party once. My hair smelled sweet for a long time, even with repeated showers! I still try to kill him for that! ;) :D

Excellent!!!!! :) I was laughing so hard!

KG :cool:

8. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks everyone! :D *hugs all round*

Sorry for the terrible editing on that. I've sorted it out not.

Brewing is *nearly* there. Give me a few days. :)

9. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    ?Happy Birthday to you!
    I went to the zoo!
    I saw a fat Bantha!
    And I thought it was yooooooooooooooooou!?

OH. MY. GOD. I burst out laughing out loud at that!!!!! Great job!!!!

10. SilverWander

SilverWander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2001
    ?Y?know Master if someone wasn?t looking to closely from a distance I reckon they?d mistake you for a girl with a beard I really do??

Loved that part

and when he punched the air Saying YES!!!

BEfore falling alseep
    Man ginger That is one of the funniest stories I HAVE EVER READ I loved it

I wonder how funny change over will be when you get 2 it!!!

11. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    HI Ginger! :D Great fic, made me ROFLMAO!!! [face_laugh]

Words were not necessary and I simply pointed¡K

¡Kat his sleepcouch.

LOL! [face_laugh] Mature sense of style.... the SW universe could really use something like that!

12. Jedisam

Jedisam Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2002
    ?Happy Birthday to you!
    I went to the zoo!
    I saw a fat Bantha!
    And I thought it was yooooooooooooooooou!?

~~~~~~~~~~

That was halarious, I couldn't stop laughing, you rock!

13. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Great story Ginger!! I loved it!!

So glad you sent me the link!!

14. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    ROTFLMHAAO!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Trying to picture Qui-Gon jumping on the sleepcouch and hitting his head on the ceiling is just so [face_laugh]!

= Clare =

15. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    ROFLOL!!!
    That was AWESOME Ginger!!!!
    Good job, that was so cute!

16. Jedisam

Jedisam Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2002
    Just to get this back to the top of the boards! :)

17. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    By the FORCE!!!!!

ROFLOL!!!!

18. Eusphyne

Eusphyne Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2002
    My friend advised my here.. I'm glad she did, that was absolutely HILARIOUS! Although I, too, picture with difficulty Qui-gon jumping on the bed.. Obi is SO CUTE! haha.. Excellent job!! Write some more!

19. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    that was hillarious! I loved the part about the "girly hair" LOL

20. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    This story deserves a kick up to the top so others can find it and read it! :)

21. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Maybe you should contribute that cute,funny story to JEDI APPRENTICE or DARK HORSE comics.It's too good to pass.And I'll get me a copy,for sure.Good Going,Ginger_Jedi.

22. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    up with this!! Love it had to read it again!

23. Master_Ari

Master_Ari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    I loved this fic. It had me stiffling laughter(family members don't like to be woken up early.) lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.