main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] The Reluctant Journal of Ron Weasley- 2011 Dear Diary Challenge Completed 12/21

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by FelsGoddess, Jan 1, 2011.

1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Title: The Reluctant Journal of Ron Weasley
    Author: FelsGoddess
    Fandom: Harry Potter
    Characters: Ron Weasley
    Timeline: A couple years after DH
    Summary: Ron's reluctant journal. Written for the 2011 Dear Diary Challenge.

My name is Ronald Bil-

This is the life and times of

Recordings of Auror in training

Oh, forget it.

As part of the Auror training, I have to keep a journal. It?s supposed to keep my head clear or some rubbish like that. I?d love to see Moody?s diary.

So, I?m Ron Weasley: best friend to Harry Potter (yeah, THAT Harry Potter) and boyfriend to Hermione Granger. I?m the sixth child of Molly and Arthur Weasley. Auror-in-training. Hogwarts graduate.

Auror training is intense. My instructors randomly take us to the middle of nowhere for days at a time. We can?t contact anyone. Hermione?s used to it by now. She doesn?t like it, naturally. Ginny isn?t as worried about Harry. Of course, she?s off becoming a professional Quidditch player. She spends weeks away at a time. I almost dread when she comes back. She lives with Hermione when she?s in town. Well, technically. She comes to Harry and me?s flat and the two of them disappear. I don?t like it. Hermione won?t let me do anything to Harry so I?m reduced to glaring. Hey now, don?t laugh. He flinches and Hermione does not keep me on a short leash. Take that, Bilson. At least I have a girlfriend.

Right, back to this journal thing. Hermione spends a lot of time at my place. Auror rules say we can?t cohabitate, not that Hermione would go for it anyway. Plus, if Hermione and I lived together, nothing would stop Harry and Ginny from doing it too. It was a safety net. That?s my story and I?m sticking to it.

I?m avoiding the issue. I just need to come out and say it:

Harry just proposed to my baby sister four hours ago.

Charlie, Bill, George, Percy and I are still trying to come up with way to stop it. We haven?t ruled out locking her in a tower. Hermione snapped at us when she heard that. She said something about Ginny not being Rapunzel. I?m guessing she?s some Muggle book character. Everyone Hermione references is a book character.

See the problem is that it?s Harry Potter. If she were marrying some nobody, we could deal with him easily. The fact that my parents love him doesn?t help at all. You?d think Mum and Dad would be upset about Ginny getting married. Nope. They are thrilled to have Harry as an official member of the family.

Traitors.

Don?t get me wrong. Harry is a great guy. But this is my baby sister. Harry had to point out, in front of Hermione, that when I proposed Mr. Granger would feel similar. I wanted to smack him both for being right and for saying that I was going to ask Hermione to marry me.

I am going to do it, but you see, I have a plan. First, I?m going to get a year of being a professional Auror under my belt. Then I am going to find us a nice place to live. I want to be able to provide for our future family. I do plenty of things like taking Hermione on trips and cooking dinner. See, I?m a good boyfriend.

And no, she doesn?t boss me around. Well, not all the time.

Take that, Bilson.

I should probably explain who Bilson is. Bilson is the Draco of Auror training. He thinks he is better than everyone. He started making annoying comments to me after I said I couldn?t go out night because I was taking Hermione out. He drives me crazy. Hermione and Harry say to ignore him, but he?s like a paper cut. Once you know it?s there, you can?t stop being irritated by it.

Anyways, back to the story.

Harry asked Ginny to marry him in a romantic-so she says- way. He brought her to some park, got down on one knee, the whole routine. She fell for it. I thought we had taught her better than that.

Right after the proposal, they arrived at Mum?s for Victoire?s birthday party. How convenient that the whole family was there to hear the announcement. I think they were going to wait until the end, but Mum spied the rock within five minutes.

Harry asked me to be hi

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh]

This looks like fun!

3. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Oh, this is fantastic! Can't wait to read more!!! :D

P.S. Can you please PM me with updates? I rarely come into the NSWFF board and don't want to miss them!

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] "saying yes is not a blessing"

This is going to be a blast! You had me laughing through most of the post. :p =D=

~MJ @};-

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    funny and yes that's Ron=D=

6. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Fels, you have Ron down pat.

I love this! I love the fact you're delving into Ron's mind, something some people can't do.

You can!

You had me laughing again!

Oh this is going to be fun!

=D=

7. QueenArdnassak

QueenArdnassak Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 30, 2009
    "Take that, Bilson!"

[face_laugh][face_laugh] I love it! You have Ron to a tee! And he got all upset when Harry insinuated that he was going to ask Hermione to marry him... [face_laugh]

Put me on the PM list! I want to see more of this! :D

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] This is HILARIOUS!! :D

(And I love that you named a character Bilson :D )

9. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Hazel
    laugh
    This looks like fun!

I want to keep it funny. :D Thank you for reading.

JediMara77
    laugh Oh, this is fantastic! Can't wait to read more!!! grin
    P.S. Can you please PM me with updates? I rarely come into the NSWFF board and don't want to miss them!

Sure, no problem. :) Thank you!

Mira_Jade
    laugh "saying yes is not a blessing"
    This is going to be a blast! You had me laughing through most of the post. tongue applause

Thank you. :D

earlybird-obi-wan
    funny and yes that's Ron applause

Thank you!

Master_Jaina1011
    Fels, you have Ron down pat.
    I love this! I love the fact you're delving into Ron's mind, something some people can't do.
    You can!

He's my favorite character in Harry Potter. [face_love] Thank you!

QueenArdnassak
    "Take that, Bilson!"
    laugh laugh I love it! You have Ron to a tee! And he got all upset when Harry insinuated that he was going to ask Hermione to marry him... laugh
    Put me on the PM list! I want to see more of this! grin

Will do. Glad you enjoyed it. :D Thank you!

NYCitygurl
    laugh This is HILARIOUS!! grin
    (And I love that you named a character Bilson grin )

I had no idea where that name came from, then yesterday I was watching a rerun of "How I Met Your Mother" and Bilson appeared. I'm not sure if that is where my brain pulled the name from or not. [face_laugh] Thank you!

10. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] This is brilliant, Fels! Your Ron is downright hilarious! I love the whole idea behind it - Auror training and all that, and him avoiding the issue of Harry asking Ginny to marry him. Fantastic! :D

11. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Idrelle_Miocovani
    laugh This is brilliant, Fels! Your Ron is downright hilarious! I love the whole idea behind it - Auror training and all that, and him avoiding the issue of Harry asking Ginny to marry him. Fantastic! grin

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed. :D

12. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Entry Two

I woke up today thinking the universe was going to go my way.

How stupid of me.

Ginny left five days ago for training. It?s been three hellish weeks since the proposal. When Ginny isn?t over at our place, Harry is at hers. I only know they are over there because I have stopped by a lot lately to visit Hermione. Stop giving me that look. It?s only considerate that I visit her at her place. And sometimes, yes I insist we stay there. I mean, she must get tired of seeing all of the Chudley Cannons posters and what not. I?m suggesting it because I?m a considerate boyfriend. It has nothing to do with Harry and my sister.

It doesn?t.

Okay, maybe a little, but no one needs to know.

Anyway, I woke up this morning and ate breakfast with Hermione. I should have seen it coming. She had breakfast made for me. It was my day off and we were spending it alone. I couldn?t wait. I was about halfway through my eggs when she dropped the bomb:

We were throwing Harry and Ginny a surprise engagement party tonight. She apologized for the last minute, but she claimed she knew I wouldn?t be able to keep a secret.

Now, not only do I have to pretend to be happy they are getting married, but I have to help throw a party to celebrate it? I miss fighting Death Eaters. Maybe one will break out of Azkaban for me to catch tonight. It can be the start of my real-world training. It?s cold outside. It will challenge my survival skills.
    Hermione proceeded to give me a list of tasks to complete. It was going to be held at this hall down the road. Bill was already there setting up with Percy and George (forced to by the women in their lives, I guarantee it). Then she said that as Best Man, I had to make a toast.

How do you toast the man marrying your sister? Thanks for corrupting my innocent baby sister, Harry. Have a great wedding. Here, let me pay for your honeymoon. Take a couple extra days. My gift to you.

Yeah right.

I didn?t voice any of this to Hermione. I just finished my breakfast, dressed, kissed her goodbye and left. There was no point in arguing if I was going to have to go do the work anyway. (Shut up, Bilson! I am not, as you saw with exaggerated sound effects, whipped.)

Ginny and the man-who-shall-not-marry-my-sister decided to hold their wedding in the winter. Where, I don?t know. I?m hoping for outside in a blizzard. Ginny will have to wear three coats. I can?t remember the exact date. All I know is that it is going to be cold.

I arrived at the hall to find my brothers hard at work. I apparated to avoid the chilly air. I spied the reason sitting on a chair in the back: Fleur. I should have known Hermione would send Fleur to keep us in line. She doesn?t need magic. She can knock you in the back the head with a wooden spoon so hard you?ll spin. Poor Bill. He must be on such a tight leash.

After set-up, Fleur told us we had to decorate. She was laughing, I swear. Hermione did not put decorate on the list. She put set up tables (12), hang the banner over the back doorway, hang paper flowers-

Wait, she did say decorate. I knew there was something fishy about it when I read it.

Anyways, we were released from our labor that afternoon with strict instructions to clean up. I went home, hoping Hermione would be there. Like I said, today is not my day. Instead of just Hermione, my flat was filled with all of my female relatives. Hermione saw me, and shoved me to my room to clean up. I asked where Harry was, and she said that Charlie was keeping him occupied. Lucky. Apparently Luna was visiting Ginny and would bring her back for the party.

The rest of the afternoon was fairly uneventful. I hid in my room until it was time to go. I wasn?t going to go outside where it was cold, nor was I going to hang out with a bunch of women going on about the wedding I hoped to stop. Hermione was wearing a short, dark blue dress that made me really not want to leave. It?s just not fair. She drug me out of the flat and to the party.

The party?

After Harry and Ginny arrived, Hermione disappeared. I found my brothers by the back

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Signing off,
    Ron Weasley, considerate boyfriend
    ... and hiper-overprotective brother :p

Poor Ron! [face_laugh]

14. QueenArdnassak

Mar 30, 2009
    How do you toast the man marrying your sister? Thanks for corrupting my innocent baby sister, Harry. Have a great wedding. Here, let me pay for your honeymoon. Take a couple extra days. My gift to you.

This almost made me laugh out loud. Actually, I was trying hard to muffle the snorts so that my family would not give me the weird looks they consistently give me when I laugh randomly while on the internet. :p

Poor Ron. [face_laugh] But I'd hate to have him as an "engagement party planner."

15. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] Ron is so disgruntled, it's hilarious. I love the picture of the Weasley boys being forced into this surprise party by the women in their lives. :p

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Hilarious!! I especially liked the bit about Percy's shirt :D

17. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Hazel
    Signing off,
    Ron Weasley, considerate boyfriend
    ... and hiper-overprotective brother tongue
    Poor Ron! laugh

Poor Ron, indeed. :p Thanks!

QueenArdnassak

This almost made me laugh out loud. Actually, I was trying hard to muffle the snorts so that my family would not give me the weird looks they consistently give me when I laugh randomly while on the internet. tongue

Poor Ron. laugh But I'd hate to have him as an "engagement party planner."

That was my favorite part. :p Thank you for reading!

Idrelle_Miocovani
    laugh Ron is so disgruntled, it's hilarious. I love the picture of the Weasley boys being forced into this surprise party by the women in their lives. tongue

Like they stand a chance of beating them. :p Thank you for reading!

NYCitygurl

laugh laugh Hilarious!! I especially liked the bit about Percy's shirt grin
    No one was laughing at them. Nope. [face_laugh] Thanks for reading!

18. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Entry Three
    As part of Auror training, we have to face our personal demons and fears. It makes sense from an intellectual standpoint but there is no way to deal with the fear of losing those you love. Not even losing a member of your family prepares you for another loss. Fred?s death forced me to face death, but I don?t think I would handle another loss any better.

Our instructors told us to make a list of our fears. I left the loss of a loved one off the list. There?s nothing they can do to help me in that regard. Instead, I listed spiders.

Spiders?

Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to explain where a fear came from? Say ?teddy bear? in front of this group without turning red, I dare you. See? Can?t do it.

In two hours, it will be my turn to ?Face my fears.? I don?t know how they?re going to do it. I have no doubt that waiting is part of the test.

It?s no secret that I use humor to deal with stressful situations. Some think I?m being insensitive or mindless, but that?s not true. A joke relieves tension. I can?t help but wonder what Fred would say if he saw me sitting here dreading a large spider. He and George always felt bad about my fear, as they should have. Of course, they hid that guilt with a generous amount of teasing. I?d rather have it that way.

What I wouldn?t give to have him make fun of me right now?

Sometimes I wonder what Fred would think of Harry and Ginny. I know what he would say about Hermione. He?d probably knock me upside the head for not figuring it out sooner.

I?m sure that the Auror Department shrink who reads this entry is going to love this entry. Ron Weasley expresses his feelings? Call the Daily Prophet.

Enough dwelling on the depressing. I refuse to give into the intimidation methods that the Auror Department is (probably) doing.

Back to a much more dire and important manner: the wedding.

As I mentioned earlier, Hermione and I threw an engagement party for my sister and Harry. Thankfully, Ginny had to return to training camp the next morning. Unfortunately, she spent the night at Harry?s place. I should have gone home that night. I knew it. What was I thinking?

It?s been a week since the party. Mum, Ginny, Hermione, Luna and Fleur are going dress shopping tomorrow morning. I don?t understand the rush. It?s only June 3. It had finally warmed up outside. The wedding is in November, at least at the moment. Ginny has already talked about moving it. I think that pushing it back twenty years sounds completely reasonable.

I can already hear Hermione, ?Ron, they?re in love. Stop being unreasonable.?

Like that?s a reason to get married.

By the way, don?t tell Hermione I said that.

Signing off,
    Ron Weasley, spider killer

19. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Ginny has already talked about moving it. I think that pushing it back twenty years sounds completely reasonable.

Signing off,
    Ron Weasley, spider killer

Lol!!! Ron is brilliant in this, great work so far. :)

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Ron Weasley expresses his feelings? Call the Daily Prophet.

[face_laugh]

Nice mix of the serious and the silly. I wanted to give Ron a big hug - seeing his thoughts about his lost brother was heartbreaking. It's good that he's still managed to hold onto his humor.

21. QueenArdnassak

Mar 30, 2009

[face_laugh] Poor Hermione. She has to deal with this. :p

Maybe Ron is whipped, like Bilson is so fond of saying. [face_thinking]

22. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    JediMara77
    Lol!!! Ron is brilliant in this, great work so far. happy
    Thank you very much. :)

NYCitygurl

Nice mix of the serious and the silly. I wanted to give Ron a big hug - seeing his thoughts about his lost brother was heartbreaking. It's good that he's still managed to hold onto his humor.

Thank you! I see him dealing with issues this way.

QueenArdnassak

laugh Poor Hermione. She has to deal with this. tongue
    Maybe Ron is whipped, like Bilson is so fond of saying. thinking

[face_laugh] He might be. Thank you!

23. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Entry Four
    I, Ronald Weasley, squashed a spider.

I was called into the testing room. I was presented with various horrifying situations. My reaction was gauged. Finally came the last test: the arachnid.

It was a nasty spider (but aren?t they all); with big, hairy legs and pinchers dripping with venom. It was large and hungry. I could see how much it wanted to devour me in its eight eyes. I wasn?t about to let it win, though. I gripped my wand and threw a spell at its legs. It fell forward. I panicked as its pinchers landed closer to me. I didn?t run, though. I stunned it. With a feeling of ultimate satisfaction, I lifted my booted foot and stamped on its large head. A little unnecessary, I?m sure, but it was the best feeling.

Take that, you nasty creature.

That being said, I still don?t like spiders. I passed the test, that?s all that matters.

I held it together until I arrived at the flat. Hermione felt sorry for me. She reassured me and handed me a chocolate frog.

Unfortunately, I couldn?t distress at home. Mum expected us for dinner at the Burrow. Aside from Hermione, and myself Percy and his girlfriend were attending. Hermione, Percy and Dad talked about business at the Ministry while the rest of us took place in idle chatter. Mum then told us about wedding dress shopping. She commented how great Hermione looked in the bridesmaid?s dress they found. The topic eventually changed from the wedding to Quidditch when the unthinkable happened.

I received a summons from the Auror Department. I had to leave immediately. I can?t write the exact details here, for obvious reasons, but I?m sitting in a temporary shelter with a couple of trainees and Aurors waiting out the night. It?s Harry and my turn to keep watch. All I have to do is write in this journal. He?s sitting on the opposite side of the encampment.

Harry and I truly lucked out when we met Hermione. She taught us that trick she did with the beaded bag all those years ago. Not only did it make it easier for us to travel, but also we didn?t have to lug around anything. We always had our supplies with us. Rules dictated that we had to be capable of carrying everything we needed with no problems. It was beyond simple to carry my items in a small bag around my neck, tucked under my shirt.

Sometimes I worry about what enemies I?ll make at this job. I don?t want them coming for Hermione, or anyone else in my family. Harry reminded me that we already had quite a list of enemies. All the surviving Death Eaters and Voldemort supporters hated us. They hated Harry more, obviously, but I know I?m not their favorite person. I know that Hermione is more than capable of taking care of herself. I can?t help but worry, though.

On to a different topic. The more I think of her, the more I miss her.

Shut. Up. Bilson.

He and I got into a bit of spat earlier. I was minding my own business, just sitting outside, when he started. He went on about how I must be clueless without Hermione telling me what to do and more. I ignored it. Well, I did at first. Then I may have poured something into his water. Possibly. It could have fallen in.

And no, that?s not how I managed to score the middle of the night watch. I volunteered. See, if you know you are probably going to do something the boss won?t like, volunteering to do the work others don?t makes you less likely to be punished. Not that I planned on doing anything. Nope.

And you thought I wasn?t a good strategist.

Signing off,
    Ron Weasley, inventive spider vanquisher

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    You go, Ron! =D=

25. QueenArdnassak

Mar 30, 2009
    On to a different topic. The more I think of her, the more I miss her.

Shut. Up. Bilson.

Aww! [face_love] Squeee!!!

And then: [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

He has to deal with Bilson all the time... those two are just too hilarious a pair! You picked a perfect enemy!

Bravo! =D=