main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Healer days, for the 2012 diary challenge, completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2012.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    And the healers have to treat Obi;)

here is the next update leading to more

Entry 11
    Aaqu wasn’t because he was busy, very busy treating patients and that had me wanting to help him with the patients but he said he would be ready soon. ‘And you have your patients to give therapy,’ was what Aaqu told me. Busy; yes I spotted even Vokara Che in the surgery wing and she was directing patients to the halls of healing. Yup that’s the place to go for Jedi needing some healing and wanting droids at your bed. Not my place at all; droids have no bedside manners.

Mister Blue – all healers in the surgery wing call the Ossan Jedi An-Jinai that – was in the healers’ ward and he is known to prefer droids too.

Why was the surgery-wing this busy?

A tournament was taking place in the temple and with Jedi swinging lightsabers this and that way and some wanting to copy the – to me very dangerous looking – Vaapad moves of Mace Windu some Jedi end up in the healers’ ward to be treated for minor burn injuries. Mace not; and for that I am glad. He doesn’t like healers at all and tries to avoid them at all costs.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I can just imagine overenthusiastic tournament participants would lead to many injuries :p LOL about no bedside manners for med-droids. ;)

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Crazy kids! [face_laugh]

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I watched an episode of "The Tudors, Season 2" on Friday, so I can imagine how dangerous a real tournament can get. Anyway, glad that you are back from France.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Tournaments sure can be dangerous and kids (young Jedi) can be helpful as shown in the next entry

Entry 12
    I should have noticed it. Aarch! Aaqu!
    Aaqu being busy and busy and you have been ignoring your body. I have seen him slipping in the supplies room. I should have known that he was getting painkillers to keep working. I should have asked him to give the work to another healer – me for instance because I was just giving Jedi therapy and could have taken his duty in the OT – but I didn’t. And now I am sitting in a monitoring room next to the recovery room after a procedure to remove a ruptured appendix and clean the abdominal cavity.

Aaqu collapsed in the garden of a thousand fountains quite near the place where crèchemaster Jos Sephiin was telling a captivating story to the three year old initiates.
    Obi-Wan – yes the kid has healing qualities too – ran to Aaqu’s aid and told him that he was glowing, his way to tell Aaqu that he was running a high fever.

And Aaqu – feeling that he needed more help than Obi-Wan could give – asked him to get a healer.

Obi-Wan went to get the help for the tummy ache and wanted to accompany Aaqu and medics but master Sephiin must have told him that they would visit Aaqu after the surgery.

An-Jinai arrived almost at the same time as me and diagnosed Aaqu suffering from acute peritonitis.
    Aaqu muttered about surgery and a week on antibiotics and a stay in the healers’ ward. And seeing me he asked if I was back to being a surgeon.

Aaqu is now in the recovery room and doing fine. He came out of the anesthesia on the table but fell asleep immediately after An-Jinai and I placed him in a bed. Medics guided him to the recovery room and I could go and change and waddle my gloves in the familiar balls. I fetched my diary from my treatment room and …

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Tournaments sure can be dangerous and kids (young Jedi) can be helpful as shown in the next entry

Entry 12
    I should have noticed it. Aarch! Aaqu!
    Aaqu being busy and busy and you have been ignoring your body. I have seen him slipping into the supplies room. I should have known that he was getting painkillers to keep working. I should have asked him to give the work to another healer – me for instance because I was just giving Jedi therapy and could have taken his duty in the OT – but I didn’t. And now I am sitting in a monitoring room next to the recovery room after a procedure to remove a ruptured appendix and clean the abdominal cavity.

Aaqu collapsed in the garden of a thousand fountains quite near the place where crèchemaster Jos Sephiin was telling a captivating story to the three year old initiates.
    Obi-Wan – yes the kid has healing qualities too – ran to Aaqu’s aid and told him that he was glowing, his way to tell Aaqu that he was running a high fever.

And Aaqu – feeling that he needed more help than Obi-Wan could give – asked him to get a healer.

Obi-Wan went to get the help for the tummy ache and wanted to accompany Aaqu and medics but master Sephiin must have told him that they would visit Aaqu after the surgery.

An-Jinai arrived almost at the same time as me and diagnosed Aaqu suffering from acute peritonitis.
    Aaqu muttered about surgery and a week on antibiotics and a stay in the healers’ ward. And seeing me he asked if I was back to being a surgeon.

Aaqu is now in the recovery room and doing fine. He came out of the anesthesia on the table but fell asleep immediately after An-Jinai and I placed him in a bed. Medics guided him to the recovery room and I could go and change and waddle my gloves in the familiar balls. I fetched my diary from my treatment room and …

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad Obi-Wan noticed Aaqu's sudden taking ill.

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very glad Aaqu will recover fully. :)

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Aaqu is now in the recovery room and doing fine.

Phew, now I can drive into the Harz Mountains very reaxed.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And he will notice more;)
    He will with help from[face_thinking]
    And come back even more relaxed

Entry 13
    Yup; some activity in the recovery room meant that Aaqu was waking up. I hurried to Aaqu in the recovery room when I saw the increase in heartbeat on the monitor. And who were there?
    Obi-Wan and crèchemaster Jos Sephiin.
    Master Sephiin was slightly out of breath but he was smiling at the eager-to-see-the-patient initiate. And I heard Aaqu asking “why couldn’t you wait?” Obi-Wan did reply “helping you. Had to see if the pain was gone.”
    That had me entering the room and getting Aaqu’s stats and gently telling him that he was my first patient to have visitors before the healers declare that he is recovered enough to have them. And he was doing great. BP and heartbeat were normal. The IV was running at a high drip rate and the drain was showing some dirty fluid.
    And what did Obi-Wan tell us? Aaqu is going to be alright, his pain is gone and he is not glowing anymore.
    I told Obi-Wan that the fever was almost gone and that he can be a healer.
    But the little one wants to become a Jedi knight and help beings. Master Sephiin took the very sleepy Obi-Wan back to the crèche.
    And I could begin my lecture. Aaqu should have recognised his own responsibilities. And yes he began to mutter about schedules and I told him that he could have asked for help.
    Sure next time he will do that.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    As usual, Obi steals the scene. :)

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Aww @};- Sweet. You can feel Obi-Wan's innate compassion and caring even at this young age :)

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    And what did Obi-Wan tell us? Aaqu is going to be alright, his pain is gone and he is not glowing anymore.
    I told Obi-Wan that the fever was almost gone and that he can be a healer.
    But the little one wants to become a Jedi knight and help beings. Master Sephiin took the very sleepy Obi-Wan back to the crèche.
    And I could begin my lecture. Aaqu should have recognised his own responsibilities. And yes he began to mutter about schedules and I told him that he could have asked for help.
    Sure next time he will do that.

How different history would have been if Obi chose to be a healer...

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And he does in the next entry

He is a nice character and I love to write him this way

Who would have raised Anakin?

Entry 14
    Healers as patients.
    I should have sent a droid with Aaqu and bed to the halls of healing and the prying eyes and prodding hands of Vokara Che.

Every free minute of my schedule was spent with Aaqu. He was making comments about the annoying drain making it difficult to visit the fresher without aid. Same comments were given for the IV trapping and tugging – his words – at his left hand. But with a dirty drain the IV had to stay and retain a fast drip-rate and he asked me if I could program the unit to do the beeping during day-time. I solved that by giving him sleep-meds.
    I should have known.

Aaqu was trying with his questions to keep me from getting too busy and he succeeded. I asked An-Jinai to take over my duties for the week that Aaqu was needing my services.
    We played a lot; Sabaac and another very nice game with cards; knights and aces.
    We relaxed with Serinka or one of the other cooks bringing us delicacies.
    In short; I was busy entertaining Aaqu and getting some R and R time myself.

And that way I saw Obi-Wan and master Sephiin coming each day to visit Aaqu and telling him about the little and big things happening in the crèche.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Little Obi-Wan wants to be a knight "to help people." Didn't anyone tell him healers "help people," too? The l'il one probably doesn't think of "it" as helping, though - ah, the mind of a child.

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Healers make the wprst patients. :p

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice entertaining and whiling away time with the card games

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    And that way I saw Obi-Wan and master Sephiin coming each day to visit Aaqu and telling him about the little and big things happening in the crèche.

Créche stories are always sweet and thoughtful.

19. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Finally, all caught up. Nice look into the lives of the Temple healers..and they can be overworked too. Also love the little glimpses of little Obi-Wan and his caring heart, even at such a young age. :)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Maybe but he is three years old
    They know what's coming

Healers distractions;)
    They are as will be seen in the next entry
    You will see more in the next entry

Entry 15

Master Qui-Gon Jinn returned to the Jedi Temple.
    Why am I writing this in my diary?

Because he returned alone without his padawan Xanatos. The two had been to Telos for the final trial that would have made Xanatos a Jedi Knight. Xanatos was corrupted by his father and witnessed the death of his sister Nason in a riot and the death of his father at the hands of Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon didn’t escape unscathed and had to come under our care. It was Aaqu – he sensed the master being in pain – who transported a very stubborn Jinn to the healers. And no we couldn’t keep him here for even a day. The master said that he could recover in his apartment.

And he did and got a visit from Obi-Wan and Serinka bringing a slightly burned fruit pie.
    Yup burned but Qui-Gon accepted the pie as a gift from the heart.

Serinka told me about why the pie became burned. Obi-Wan wanted fresh Mujaa fruit instead of the canned fruit and went with Serinka to the garden. High in one tree was the fruit Obi-Wan wanted and Master Ekiway helped to get them.
    With fresh fruits the inevitable happened. Obi-Wan was putting the slices of fruit in the batter when he spotted a wriggling worm. The worm was saved and taken back to the garden after the pie was put in the oven. And that had the pie burned.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Qui-Gon must have been in a really bad place. No wonder he was uncooperative.

So nice that they saved the worm, but what a shame that the pie burned.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I love fruit pies, and I know Qui-Gon appreciated the gesture @};- Yes, this was indeed a dark ;( place for him, but Obi :* holds the key to healing. :)

23. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, gee - I've never found a worm when I made apple pie. Maybe I should look closer next time.

Anyway, cute.

24. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Obi-Wan found a worm and saved it ?

Sounds like my husband who literally would not hurt a fly - he captures them and takes them outside. and I ? I use the flyswatter- or whatever I can find at the moment... nasty things...:p

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    With fresh fruits the inevitable happened. Obi-Wan was putting the slices of fruit in the batter when he spotted a wriggling worm. The worm was saved and taken back to the garden after the pie was put in the oven. And that had the pie burned.

Obi acts like a Buddhist at times. :D