main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Henderson Fan Force Ultimate Trivia of DOOM!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Acthar_Sm-Ith, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Nightwing I believe...

Who is Cornar Jax?

BTW DC comics pretty much blow, X-Men and Spidey are waaaay cooler, though I would take Batman over Superman anyday, Superman cant be killed (Kryptonite and Doomsday aside) and thats booring. Besides the strugle the Xmen have with their powers is much more interesting than the "I have superpowers and must defend truth justice and the Amercian Dream" routine.

For more info on "Birds of Prey" check out this link http://www.gothamclocktower.com/

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Batman is one of the only DC comics characters I like a lot. Definitely over Superman. Primarily because he's a regular guy, not some mutant or space alien like Superman.

However... I also like the X-Men, and other Marvel characters waaay over all the DC nonsense that is out there. I was a Wolverine fan before anyone knew who Wolverine was.

Carnor Jax was a former Royal Imperial Guard. In the wake of Palpatine's death, Jax tried to become the new Dark Lord of the Empire (he painted his royal guard outfit partially black). He was ultimately killed by Kir Kanos, another Imperial Guard (who has survived and bested hordes of people who tried to kill him).

Next Question: Why did Prince Xizor hate Vader?

3. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    I think he hated Vader because Vader killed a bunch of his race including his family, for some weapon....right? I don't remember anymore details and I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

Also Just to add, I liked X-men also, but I specificaly liked Wolverine better. at one time I had Wolverine #1-#96 (I stoped at 96 because the comic store that I used to rollerblade to closed down so I lost interest) but I've sold some of them. I've kept the really good ones thought like #1 because it's #1, and #75, the one where he lost all his adamantium. the rest are scattered but I still have a lot! I even had that little promo siries that came out before the actual Wolverine series started that I got from my older brother. Figures are also included in that collection. How's that for a Wolverine fan????

Next: How did Wolverine lose his Adamantium? (sp?)

4. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Hmmm... if I remember correctly, I think Magneto extracted it right off of his bones.

I have a ton of the Wolverine comics too, including the limited series. I also have an issue of the incredible hulk in which they fight, and a frank miller drawn poster of Wolverine fighting all these ninjas.

Okay...

Here's one DarthRaith might know: How many different colors of Twi'leks are there?

5. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    Twi'leks as seen in the movies come in the following colors..

white
    blue
    green
    red
    orange
    and purple

according to the comics what are stored in a Twi'lek's leeku?

6. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Photographic Memory ability... right? You told me this a few weeks ago...

Next:

Q: In comic books, what almost all powerful being must 'eat' the life essence of planets to satiate his hunger?

Hint: He adopted a 'herald' to scout out suitable planets for him...

Extra Credit: what is the herald's name?

7. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    wasn't the herald ROM? I have no idea what the planet was called.

8. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    It was Galactus, devourer of worlds. The herald was the Silver Surfer, but I think Rom might have taken the job at some point. Nice Rom reference though!!

Since you didn't post a question, here's another:

Before Episode II came out, who did the 'expanded universe' say that Boba Fett was, and what planet was he supposed to be from?

(for those of you that do not know, the 'expanded universe' refers to all Star Wars material that is not the movies, i.e. comics, novels, rpg's, etc. Movies are considered 'canon', while everything else is expanded universe)

Remember if you answer correctly, you can post another trivia question, about anything you want. If no one guesses after a day or so, then someone else is able to just post another question... or something like that :)

9. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    well im not to sure of the answer but i went to sw.com and took a look at boba under the eu and found this:

One tale tells of Fett being a failed stormtrooper who killed his commanding officer.
    Another has him being the commanding officer of a fabled group of warriors from Mandalore decimated by the Jedi Knights.
    A third account tells of a Journeyman Protector from Concord Dawn named Jaster Mereel who adopted the mask and guise when he was convicted of treason.

it must be one of those, if it is then here is another one

What band did the songs: nothing else matters/sad but true, and what where the cd's called?

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    The Jaster Mereel/Concord Dawn answer was what I was thinking.

The answer to yours is Metallica, from the cd 'And Justice For All'. Unless you are thinking of that symphony one they did, I don't know if those songs are on those.

Ok, here's one: Why am I awake at 4:42 AM? Here's a clue: He's two feet tall, and usually really cute except for when he cries in the middle of the night for 2 hours and won't go to sleep.... (no not Yoda)

Nah... just kidding, that's not my question. Here is the real one:

According to the Expanded Universe (books and RPG), what is the extremely rare substance that will turn off a lightsaber when a lightsaber touches it?

11. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    actually the cds are The 'blackest album' all it said on the front of it was 'Metallica' and yes the other one was the symphony one S&M

yours is cortosis weave

(LOTR)by what name does Faramir know Gandalf by?

12. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    You're Right! Cortosis Ore is the stuff, and Cortosis Weave armor is a jedi's personal nightmare.

And Justice For All... what was I thinking.

The Black Album actually has both of those songs, as well as the album S&M, also released by them I think in 1999. Spinal Tap came up the the Black Album idea first, and I saw a picture of them talking to Metallica about it. Kinda funny.

Starting with the Black Album, Metallica seemed kinda more commercial to me.

I have no answer for your LOTR question, someone else will have to do it!

13. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I see no answers so I will post another question:

Which comic book character has the ability to throw objects with uncanny accuracy, and will in fact be in a movie coming out soon?

14. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    Let me see, I believe you are refering to Elektra.

Who is Arden Lyn?

15. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Actually, I was thinking Bullseye, but I think Elektra would probably fit that description too, eh?

Arden Lyn is this girl (click the image to see it better):

[image=http://www.lucasarts.com/products/masters/arden_art.jpg]

ARDEN LYN (Teras Kasi Master)

Weapon: Ancient Droid Arm

As the order of Jedi resurfaces, so do the teachings of teras kasi, in the form of Arden Lyn, master of teras kasi. A Padawan warrior from the time of Jedi, her youthfulness belies her actual age. Her skills as one of the last teras kasi masters has attracted the attention of the Emperor and Darth Vader, who have assigned her to track down and take out key Rebel Alliance personnel. Arden, however, has her own agenda...

(I had to find that one on the LucasArts website!)

Next Question:

Who was Quinlan Vos?

16. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    my answer was: Mithrandir

for talons:
    a kiffar jedi, read more here

another question: whats Isildur's Bane?

17. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    The One Ring of Power was Isildur's Bane.

Gimli is the son of ___________?

18. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Gimli is the son of Gloin.

What is Gollum's alter ego?

19. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    Smeagol

whats striders real name and who is he(not ranger)?

20. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Aaragorn son of Arathorn, King of Gondor, Heir of Isildur.

How much can you buy a sweet replica of Gimli's battle axe for?

(possibly an unfair question, unless you go to noblecollection.com)

21. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    You can buy a sweet replica of Gimli's axe for $179.00 at swordsonline.com or for $129.00 at the Noblecollection.com, where, by the way, you can also get replicas of almost all of the rings of power.

In the movie Fellowship of the Ring, how many shards was Isildur's sword Narcil broken into?

22. Scathach

Scathach Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 1999
    "In the movie Fellowship of the Ring, how many shards was Isildur's sword Narcil broken into?"

I do believe that Narsil was broken into six pieces.

23. Scathach

Scathach Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 1999
    Besides Sting, which sword will also warn if goblins are near?

24. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    The sword was Gandalf's, the Glamdrang

what is the cover company for James Bond when requesting equipment, services or hotels in the field?

25. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    The sword was Gandalf's, the Glamdrang

what is the cover company for James Bond when requesting equipment, services or hotels in the field?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.