main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Here we go again

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by PaSco, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaSco

PaSco Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2004
    Yes, let's decide on what counties are going to be in what divisions. Then we can continue.

2. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Well, I figure Central MD would be AA, Baltimore, Howard, and PG counties... maybe Montgomery too, but I don't know that area really well.

*shrugs*

Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

3. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Ditto. Anyway, I'm in AA, and so in Central.

4. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jedi_Insurance_Guy Jedi Master star 5

Jul 27, 2004
    Wouldn't Harford be considered Central MD also? We border Baltimore County. Cecil possibly also, as it is more accessible for Cecil county people to go to Central MD than the Eastern Shore.

5. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    So would say Southern be Wicomico, Somerset, Worchester (sp?), and what ever other county's here?

EDIT: I think we need a map. :p

6. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Well I am in Baltimore so I am central. But yeah, AA. Balt, Howard, Cecil, and Harford counties should all be central.

Anyway, I have no problem with Mogook being the head boss, so I agree.

7. PaSco

Dec 22, 2004
    Well I think we are all in agreement when we say that Mogook is the Supreme Chancellor or whatever we are gonna call him. As far as central MD goes, I agree that Harford, Baltimore, etc should be central. Cecil could be included in East but the members still have a choice as to which to go to. Since Maryland is oddly shapped, members can for the most part attend the nearest meeting place. For instance, someone in Perryville will more likely want to be part of Central than say someone down in Galena and so forth.

Perhaps since Maryland IS so oddly shaped, maybe a NE NW, SE SW sectors is a better idea. But that is just a thought.

8. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I am still here. I gave up all things Star Wars for Lent, however, since Easter I have come back. I do not live in Maryland, but Mogook lets me hang with the guys from Baltimore since I live 90 minutes away and I am one of the founding Maryland Fan Force members. :)

9. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Friends in the Force:

I have been reading all comments for this topic. I'm happy to hear that there has been a positive response. Here is my idea for the division of MDFF by chapters. Remember that this is just a suggestion, it can change to meet the majority of the members. But I tried to be as partial as possible with this. Could this map change, of course. But that depends on you inputs.

Please feel free to take a look at the map and provide comments. I have the pic in my computer available to make any changes.

Chapter Divisions by MD Counties

Regards to all.
    God Bless.
    May the Force be with you... Always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF

10. RevaDurron

Jan 27, 2005
    Yeah, I guess tha's oksy, it means that I am in the North now, instead of Central.

11. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jedi_Insurance_Guy Jedi Master star 5

Jul 27, 2004
    I think that division is absolutely PERFECT.

12. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Reva:
    Remember that is just something out of the blue. It could change some and if you think that some other region is closer your input would be appreciated. This is just to get the momentum going and not stop it.

Regards.
    God Bless.
    May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF

13. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    I think that's a very good idea. If any members are on the borders between divisions, they can have a choice of which regional meetings they want to attend. Again, I'd be happy to help run things in Central MD if that's alright with everyone. I'd like to be able to arrange some sort of meeting before CIII so, those members going to Indy, can discuss a possible MDFF table at the convention.

If you're interested, feel free to PM me. :)

<CTMS>

14. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    I agree we can see a resurgence of the western Maryland FF as well as the re-upstart of the Eastern Shore FF. I think its a great Idea.

Tak

15. PaSco

Dec 22, 2004
    I love the division of MD into those areas. I vote that we accept it as our divisions of the MD FF. If all are in agreeance then Mogook could make stick posts for the various areas.

16. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Seems like the idea has been accepted in a very good mood. Now I suggest the following to keep things in motion and don't stop.

Eva_Pilot04: You seem energetic, plus you mentioned that you were volunteering. I stand on the floor and nominate Eva_Pilot04 for the Central MD Chapter of the MDFF

PaScO: You are also very interested in the issue. I stand and nominate PaSco as the Vice... can that be done?... for the Central MD Chapter of the MDFF

RevaDurron: At the beginning I thought you were shy, but that's not the case. I stand on the floor and nominate RevaDurron as the Leader of the North MD Chapter of the MDFF

CodeName_Targeter: Do you think that the East MD Chapter of the MDFF is to big? Do you think it has to be divided? Or do you think you can take care of it? If so, I would like to nominate you for Leader of the East MD Chapter of the MDFF.

Isbeth: I think you can do an excellent work working with Mogook. I stand on the floor and nominate Isbeth as the Vice under Mogook.

TakWolf: Do you think you can locate someone from the Western Side of MD and nominate that person for the position of leader of the Western MD Chapter of the MDFF?

As for me I like to self-nominate myself for the Southern MD Chapter of the MDFF.

Mogook, since you are the Supreme Leader/Chancellor (we need to come up up with the correct title) we need you to review this and accept or deny the motions and create a poll (I think that would be a great idea) or just read any treads here to see who do we select. Everyone, remember that this is just momentarily until we get the Chapters up and running. It could change later if members decide so.

Everyone is invited to help the support. This is a volunteer act from us. Please, comment and let everyone now.

Regards to you all... my good friends in the Force.
    God Bless!
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF

17. PaSco

Dec 22, 2004
    Fipe, thanks for the motion to be the vice of Central Division. However, I live and work in Harford County which is in the northern district. I would be glad to be nominated for a position in the North. Central is a little to far for me to drive right now as me and my wife share a car.

18. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    All right, a lot is happening. And it's happening fast. Which is great.

I like the regional map, Fipe. With some input from the people here, we should be able to put together a more accurate one. Also, I think the map could be integrated into the new layout of the site so users could visit a section that pertains to their region and see events for that region.

Before we assign official leaders, we need to see what areas people consider themselves to be in, and what areas there should be. Depending on where Central is, there may not be a need for a North. Also, we have to look at how many people are willing to attend meetings for which regions. There has to be enough people for each region to warrant a region to exist.

I think this plan will greatly help those who would have to travel across the state to attend a meeting.

Once things start to take shape, I think starting sticky threads will be the best plan of action for keeping order and making sense of our regional system.

19. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Hmm, personally I do think that the upper counties in the East section could be in the one above. I'd probably suggest keeping Wicomico, Worchester, Somerset, Talbot, Dorchester, and maybe Caroline in the East. Queen's Anne should probably go with the north one.

Thanks for the nomination Fipe. :)

20. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I came across this image from the Maryland Film Office's site.

[image=http://www.marylandfilm.org/images/region_map.gif]

We could use something similar but maybe include a Northern Region.

21. KnightThomas

KnightThomas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2004
    I live in Montgomery county, and I'll be able to drive next saturday (I know I know, I could have been driving last June!!!) So that means I'll most likely be able to make it to some meetings or something! I suppose montgomery county could be counted as a Northern county, what do you guys think?

22. PaSco

Dec 22, 2004
    I think that Mogook's version of regions would work the best. Maybe if Kent and Cecil Counties were part of the Central and rename the central North.

23. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    It seems that everyone is working forward on this effort, and I think this is great. We must work now to avoid the fall of this effort.

Mogook, I'm happy to see you working as the leader. Your comments on the map are correct and the one you provided seems more accurate. Though after reading PaSco and CodeName_Targeter comments, I have to agree with them. Their ideas seems just about right about the counties they each mention. Maybe by using your map along with any changes we can have a better grasp of where to go to. And I also suggest that you open a poll to get more background info from the members. By knowing the amount of people by the different Chapters this effort can be a success.

Also, the idea of nominating the different condidates was to keep the topic focus and avoid loosing the interest put into it. But, like I said before, these are just suggestions.

PaSco: Sorry for the confusion. I thought you were on that area. Plus, your idea on including those counties is great.

CodeName_Targeter: You are welcome. And your idea for the East Counties sounds great as well.

Well, that's all for now my Friends in the Force.
    Regards to everyone.
    God Bless!
    Fipe Naz-Mero,JK
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF

24. RevaDurron

Jan 27, 2005
    Fipe: Hey, thanks for the nomination. Although, I have the same problem as PaSco , I live in Baltimore county, which evryone considers North. However, at this moment I practically live on the borderline. Come August, I will be in Carroll county.

I am considering it though, but only if it is okay with everyone.

25. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Reva:
    You are welcome. And I'm sorry that you have the same problem as PaSco. But I'm happy to know that you are interested and full of enthusiasm in working towards this goal. :)

Regards.
    God Bless!
    Fipe Naz-Mero,JK
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.