main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive High Devil Sands (A Western Steampunk RPG)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by KissSpooky, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Seems we wait for Kartanym.

2. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ic: Maya Yubari
    Demons Flask

"Awww shucks, HEY DOC! Sit'own!" Maya shouted bringing her prized elven whisky up from under the table. "What's the point a' drinkin' alone?"

Pouring a liberal amount of whisky into each glass she smiled. "You know in a town like this, I shouldn't be so darn generous!"

tag: Kiss, Penguinator

3. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Up! Up and away!

4. oppaizombie

oppaizombie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2006
    OOC: Was hoping someone would tag me but I'd rather HDS not putter out, so will post again!

Pan Tannerty
    Demon's Flask Saloon (though technically perched atop its sign)

The little three inch goblin, garbed in his beige pants and jacket, with his dark and worn long coat over that, and with his blunderbuss hanging from his right shoulder, hummed and kicked his clawed feet as he sat above the Demon's Flask Saloon deciding whether and when it best to enter the establishment. He had quickly learned two important rules concerning Hades' Secert (one: that it is extremely dangerous to mill about in the streets; and two: that scampering along walls was a good way to attract attention to one's self) and did not want to learn any more for the moment. His tiny goblin heart had yet to slow its rapid and violent palpitations since having been taught the first two. "Dear, dear me," he piped, "but I could do with a fresh beverage."

He stood up and gave his neck a good stretch. As he did so he noticed a nearby window was open. Its satin drapes fluttering slighty in a light breeze. It was an obvious and discreet way into the tavern. And one the goblin did not pass up. He hopped up onto the windowsill and leapt inside. When he did so, a pair of Humans, engaged in one of their many curious and awkward looking activities, suddenly spilt apart as if they should not have been the way they were and shot bewildered looks of surprise at the goblin. Thinking this a prime situation for use of his idea human civilty, Topsy removed his derby and bowed.

"A pleasure to meet your acquaintances," he squeaked. Having very little exposure to Humans in general, he usually only interacted with them when haggling over his many tinkerings, Topsy lacked the knowledge of accepted social decorum; this information would have advised against leaping into strage bedrooms, especially through windows, and would have informed Topsy that such actions were indeed frowned upon by most people. But the little golbin did not know these thing, obviously, and found himself in many bizarre situations such as now- though he was always oblvious to actually being in them himself.

Still in his bow, the two Humans noticed the large weapon attached to the creature's back and assuming it was a hold up, began throwing their valuables at the goblin. Aware now of the trinkets being thrown at him, Topsy began picking them up and stuffing them into his debry (he was never one to question freebies). It was a definite change in behaviour from those Humans he had run-ins with outside the tavern. Smiling at the two people, Topsy chirped a good day and shuffled through the door with this bounty in hand. Immediately he was surrounded by the din of the saloon. It was quite spectacular to the tinker who had gone without such scenery since starting on his travels west.

In his excitement, he quite forgot about stairs and flung himself from the banisters - using his tail to swing himself down to the bar - and landing with nary a sound or cry. So to any sitting near him it would seem that the goblin tinker had just appeared out of thin air. Holding up his hat, still filled with the jewellry and valuables of the couple from upstairs, he said with a big goblin grin (though small by human standards) "Your finest goblin château sir!"

Tag: KissSpooky, anyone at the bar

5. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Quincy
    Devil's Flask

Quincy didn't bother to glance twice at the goblin waddling in through the door. His attention was still on his drink, and on Maya.

"Oh, I don't know, generosity's a good trait to have, regardless of location."

Quincy thought back to his teacher Nero Kindeus. The old swordmaster had taught him many lessons, one of which was the art of deception. He remembered the old timer's words as though they had been said yesterday: Your opponent must never expect a thing from you. Never give him that pleasure - keep him on his toes.

"A friend of mine once taught me to keep your enemies on their toes. Don't let them get into habit, and never develop habits of your own." He sipped his drink.

"And, the most important thing he taught me was how to handle a blade. Which I could teach you, if you wanted."

Tag: Maya

6. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: I've sent in a sheet, just waiting for it to be approved. I hope this game doesn't die before I join. :(

7. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    OOG: It has won "Best New RPG". If it dies, the boards will cry. Let it rock out hard!

8. oppaizombie

oppaizombie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2006
    OOC: I entered the bar hoping to strike interaction. But perhaps a goblin isn't a worthwhile companion for discussion.

9. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: I myself am actually quite eager to interact with said goblin, although I'm only waiting for a response so I can wrap things up.

10. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ooc: Sorry, it seems everytime i try to post in the RPG something come up! Peng, feel free to go on without me. I'll catch up later. Sorry, i hate being busy!

11. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.