main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Holiday Gathering

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sereana_Nightstar, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Hey is anyone interested in a holiday gathering this year? I know that some are not able to travel far due to finances and car problems. I would host a gathering at my place if we did a pot luck type thing and we could plan it on a Sat. that I am not working or not in Orlando...which leaves the 16th. of Dec. I am pretty well obligated to company and going to Orlando for festivities. let me know...
    Thanks,
    Marie

2. Darth_Lego_Maul

Darth_Lego_Maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    Ellison and I would be interested in that. As far as I know, the 16th would be good. I think pretty much any Saturday is good for us.

3. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Sounds Good to me too.

4. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    Oh Yeah BIG time, we have not done anything as a full group in some time. Can we call this an Offical TDB1138 gathering? Open to all Fan Force members in Tampa Bay area?

5. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Yes, this is an official party. I will start a list of needs and then everyone bring a dish of sorts and any spirits you want. I have some and folks are welcome to it.

6. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    We would definitly be interested in this. Please keep us informed of anything you need.

7. jedi-knight-FL

jedi-knight-FL Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    I plan to be there, I can bring a dish or drink, just let me know.

8. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    OK you heard it people, this will be an offical Tamap Docking Bay 1138 Fan Force gathering at Maries home. Lets all make it out for this gathering, mark your calendars. Hope to see everybody out there.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS early

9. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    OK slight problem at work. It looks like I will be on call that weekend. We are down by one nurse to take weekend call. That means I will be moving up either a week earlier or completely another weekend and have to cancel other plans. If all goes well...I only have to change to Dec. 23rd. Is anyone able to make it that Sat.? There are also some vacations...but since the schedule person is so late in getting this out it is causing a slight problem. I will know more hopefully by Wed. of Thurs. of this week.

If this does not work out, the party will have to be hosted at someone else's place and unfortunately I will have to miss it and all my friends. (New jobs suck when people quit or they dump them)!!!

10. jedi-knight-FL

jedi-knight-FL Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    I can most likely make it.

11. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    That would be great!!! I really like having you folks come for the holiday party....As soon as I know I will post here. Also, anyone that wants to bring a blowup mattress or bedding is welcome to crash on my floor. I don't want anyone driving under the influence. So you are welcome to crash and I will make breakfast on Sun. morning.
    Looking forward to this.
    Thanks

12. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I am on call the weekend of the 16th. so the party is on for the 23rd. !!!!

13. Darth_Lego_Maul

Jul 30, 2005
    I'm pretty sure the 23rd works for us, so we'll see everyone there!

14. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
  15. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Thats only 2 days before Christmas you know. Is there any other dates before hand that will work? I dont for see many people making it only 2 days before Xmas. Anything open torwards the end of this month?

16. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I realize this is close to Christmas...but it is a Christmas party!! The end of the month is Thanksgiving weekend and then Dec. starts. I know this is a hard schedule for some...but most seem to be responding favorably. I know I have other things myself the first 2 weekends in Dec. Plus getting deocrations up. I have a parade and Disney Christmas thing in Orlando with my daughter. The only other thing would be to have it on Fri. night, but then that is after work and really hard to get things together.

If anyone else has any suggestions or ideas, please post them.
    Thanks

17. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    23rd Dec I guess as good as any date. There will always be some kind of sceduling difficulty since we all have such diverse schedules and jobs. Lets start an : "I'm bringing this list"[face_mischief]

18. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    OKay...We can either plan around a central dish or just bring whatever...I have paper goods and eating utensils, cups, etc. I will also make cookies, veggie tray. So there is a start. I usually like to start about 3-4 pm and folks can come and go until the last person leaves. We will need sodas, whatever you wish to drink other than soda or water. I have Barcardi, Jack Daniels to use up.

So party on !!!

19. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Please bring any photos of recent events. If you can put them on CD we can put them on the TV. I still have the Star Wars Holiday video from Andrea!!! Yeah! I know it is bad!!! Star Wars Trvial Pursuit or is there a Star Wars Scene it!??

20. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    We're planning on making yoda Soda and Tie fighter Ties.

21. Darth_Lego_Maul

Jul 30, 2005
    We will bring all of our pics on CD. We also have 3 different versions of Star Wars Monopoly and Risk- Clone Wars Edition if anyone is interested.

22. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    OK so we have
    Yoda soda
    Tie bow ties
    veggie tray
    hot cheese dip
    assorted relishes and condiments
    I may do up a meat/cheese tray and some rolls

we need ice and sodas, chips, dessert...whatever you bring is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Marie

23. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Who all is coming so far for sure? Marie has anyone sent you an email yet from the TDB1138 site mailing?

24. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    We will definitly be coming. I will get back to you on what we are going to bring. Are we going to do the bring a toy for a needy child again this year? I enjoyed that.

25. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    We could but the Toys for Tots will be over by then I suggest that you all donate to the charity of your choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.