main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Holiday Meeting 2003

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Oct 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Well here it is, the Holiday Meeting thread. Any ideas where to have it? Public place is a MUST. I was thinking across the river because we haven't had one there in, well the last two meetings. I'm not too familiar with IL so I will need suggestions. It needs to be cheap, easy accessable, and open to strange Star Wars'ers, so maybe a private room.

Also we need to nail down a date: before Christmas, between that and New Years, after New Years.

(I do have a place in MO in mind that we might be able to use, its a donut shop in North County. I know the owner he might let us rent it out.)

2. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    If you want it in IL you could probably find a place in Alton.

But in MO....the donut shop thing might work if it's big enough.

3. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, I don't have any ideas off the top of my head, but if we could have it centered more in MO, that would be great. It kind of depends in IL for me. I should have my license by then (DA DA DAAAAAA ;) ) so maybe I could drive over there...

4. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    yeah, I think Illinois would be far for most of us.

5. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Fairview Heights Illinois right here!...meeting at my house for barbecue...i suppose it'll be cold by then though....

6. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Get the fire big enough and it won't matter...

7. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    danggit another meeting at someone's house. [face_plain]

8. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    Alton is a far drive for people who live in Illi :p

Belleville and Fairview Heights would be best bets (Shiloh and O'Fallon being to small to have anything decent!)

just an FYI, there has never been a meeting in Illi, I've tried for it, but not enough people have gone for it.

um... places to have meetings here... Lazer Rock would be good, it's in Belleville... uh... I'd say my house, but I know my parents won't go for it (not that I blame them, no offense to you lot ;))

Cuppa... look, I know having meetings at peoples houses may not be convienent for you, but it solves a lot of problems for us. We don't have to rent a space (unless we have evil members...) and we can guarantee that we will be welcome. If your parents are so against you going to someone else house for a meeting, invite them along. Bring friends of yours that they trust, bring an older sibling/cousin/whatever.

If we do have other meetings at people houses, and your parents still won't let you go... then I'm sorry, you'll have to wait til you are older to attend. But we cannot function as a group and bend to the needs of the minority. I'm really sorry about that, but most of us are adults (or in my case... I pretend to be an adult *nods*)

so, please, we know you are upset about meeting places, but you don't need to continue posting about it. If you have any problems, I would rather you PM me and we can deal with it privately.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    You can please some of the people all the time; all the people some of the time; but not all the people all the time. Just a fact of life. Anyway....

10. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    I'm asking you to reconsider, that's all.
    Rather than saying "we'll make sure everyone makes it to the next meeting", see to it that it happens, you know? Just because alot of the people are adults doesn't mean that fanforce is just for adults, and I'm sure alot of the younger folks, such as myself, don't want to wait two or three years to go to a meeting, now, would they? I'm just asking that you reconsider and try to have it so that everyone can make it, like it should be. Or atleast try to see to it that everyone can make it :) .

Peac!tuoe

11. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Can you make it to a PUBLIC meeting in Fairview Heights or Belleville?...cause we've been more than patient and shown up at meetings in Missouri like way over in West County. What is good for you?

12. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    I think I could make it if it were there, yes.

Peac!tuoe

13. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    How about a meeting to see Return of the King at St. Clair or O'Fallon? O'Fallon is nicer. I'm planning on seeing it on the 17th when it comes out but I suppose if someone twists my arm I'll see it again with all of you!

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Why don't we do the LOTR movie and a seperate Holiday meeting? I don't think we get together nearly enough and would like to remedy that.

Good date for either party? Good Place? We need to plan early and get things in stone this time. After we agree on date, time and place I will make reservations and/or whatever. If you want me to even buy a ton of tickets for the movie we can work that out too (paypal).

15. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    ROTK at O'Fallon would work for me...I may actually come to a meeting! :eek:

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    So it looks like there will be 3 Holiday events, both official and unofficial. ROTK movie "party," the Holiday Meeting, and Jedi Dajuan and Randy's New Years eve party. Wow we will be hopping this season.

I say we have the holiday meet at the lazer tag place I think Tabee mentioned. Super fights!!

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Ok, I've moved the ROTK meeting to the ROTK anticipation thread. That way we won't be as confused about what meeting we are all refering to.

So when and where do we want the Holiday meeting? I'm thinking Lazer Rock in IL. Either December 20th or Janurary 3rd works well for me and anyone else in any sort of school. Any thoughts?

18. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    ROTK at O'Fallon would work for me...I may actually come to a meeting!

O'Fallon MO? That would be great, because that's where I live, right in that area.

ROTK would be a great meeting idea btw. I just might be able to go! ;)

**Hoping I just didn't jinx the whole thing**

19. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    O'Fallon ILLINOIS. :p Sorry.

20. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Darn it! I KNEW it was O'Fallon IL!!!

21. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    how about lazercore in ofallon mo? i hear its awesome

22. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    YEAH!!! Exactly!! That place is awesome! Plus, it takes me like 5 min. to get there!

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Well we should have at least one meeting in IL. Do we want to do the ROTK there and lazer tag in St. Charles/O'Fallon? That sounds fine to me.

24. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    If you lot go to see RotK in Illinois, I'll show up.

And the Fairview 10 is WAY nicer - they just majorly overhauled last summer, remember.

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Sorry Jeffro, don't know Illinois theaters. I usually stick to Jamestown or Ronnies, but that one sounds fine to me. I'll have to get directions.

Also Tabee what in the world is your new icon, a blue kangaroo??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.