main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Honor Harrington series

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Boskone_Kenobi, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    Before I start a huge analysis, I just wanted to know who reads the military sci-fi Horatio Hornblower in space novels by David Weber. If there is interest, there are a million things to talk about.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've read most of them and enjoyed them. However I haven't really kept up with the series. I'm sure I have missed a few books (too many books in the to-read pile!)

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I read the first half of the first HH book, but I never finished it :p I'd like to give it another shot eventually, though.

BTW, edited the thread title to make it clearer :)

4. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    The first book got me too. I was originally introduced to David Weber by his novel "Insurrection," about a huge human space-faring democracy that divided itself into a 3 way civil war. The space fights were so spectacular and well thought out that I had to read anything else I could find by Weber, with Honor Harrington being first on the list. But her first book "On Basilisk Station," is something of a slow read and I didnt even get as far as you did. I found a solution however, in jumping ahead to a book that I KNEW had to have a killer space fight in it, and I was sucked it at that point. Once the war took off, there was no going back.
    Try "Honor of the Queen" or "Short Victorious War" to get your Harrington space legs.

5. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I've read the entire series!

I love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.