main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 6.0 " Your liver can?t repel alcoholic drinks of that magnitude!"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    dun dun duhn!

2. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    YouTube was my friend recently. Again my initial impressions, I was actually pretty impressed by the quality of the cutscenes out there, and the quality of the story. I still think youtube saved me a good number of hours, frustration, and stress on my marriage ;) but for all its derivative nature, I actually couldn't help but like this story. Not to mention some of the costuming *coughAltaircoughcough* ... though there remain EU elements that still make me shake my head in frustration. Not to mention a serious apparent plot hole: When Galen is betrayed by Vader the second time, Vader does confirm he wants to overthrow the Emperor, but not with Galen as his partner. The implication being that he knows of Luke's existence and plans to groom his son for the role instead. If so, he just contradicted the OT in a serious way given the idea Vader didn't know Luke was alive until at least end of ANH. And while I've got the benefit of blacklight, so to speak, the biggest irritation in the cutscenes: Leia Organa's voice acting. How did Bastila manage to get reincarnated in Carrie Fisher's preteen body? Appalling voice acting there, though the remainder was acceptable.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *expression does something funny*

That was me, and it was at most two if not three PM's.

And the thread you represented picked a new Senator, as, yes, you were on a rather long bender at the time.

I rather resent being called a "delusion nitwit", astonishingly.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    You really shouldn't take PoT seriously.

5. Supernova_I

Supernova_I Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2008
    Hello. Most of the people who go here are crazy, aren't they? I am aware that includes me, by the way.

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    *Unsaddles his flying marmoset while whistling Prokofiev's "The Battle on the Ice" and tieing a rubber chicken to his left angle before counting every giant rainbow stone on the ground five times to make sure they're all there*

I don't know what you're talking about, I'm not in the least bit crazy.

7. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    i've been trying to come up with a themesong for the Thok/PoT EuC ticked....any ideas?

8. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Queen's "Princes of the Universe"?

9. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    That's a good one [face_peace]

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    *waltzs into the bar, carrying a huge coffee mug behind her.***

Well, I just need a cup of coffee...

BTW..I have updated, if anyone is interested.

**Uses the force to lift the mug, and head out back**

11. Davy_Jones

Davy_Jones Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2006
    Ahoy ye Hooperites...

I be bearin' a message

Ye all have been a conscriptad ta serve an da Flyin' Dutchman, a-startahn now...

Best be startin' ta talk like da bilgerats ye are, or ye be in for quite a squall...

-Cpt. D_J

12. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Oy, pirates <.<

I aaaaaaammmm! But the long day of failing to look at cells with a microscope for Biology and the post made for Shattered Galaxy has left me tapped out >.> So I think I'll get some sleep and make that post in the morning!

13. PiratePrincess

PiratePrincess Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2004
    Where we be sailin' this evenin', Cap'n?

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Strange men lying in ponds preaching obscure holidays is no basis for mandatory conscription. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

I mean, if I went around sayin' I was an empereror just because I came out of the water and started talking like a pirate they'd lock me away!

(Apologies to Monty Python)

15. Dread_Pirate_Inty

Dread_Pirate_Inty Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2007
    Dread Pirate Inty > Davey Jones

Mathematics Textbooks > Locker

16. PiratePrincess

PiratePrincess Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2004
    But the masses DO like Pirate Day. We have it every year.

17. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I'd get a pirate username, but I'd have to geta new email address. :(

Arr...

18. Dread_Pirate_Inty

Dread_Pirate_Inty Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2007
    arr, actually, you don't ...

just (temporarily) remove your private e-mail, and you can use that one again for a sock. :)

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, yeah, but it's still not pirate day in these parts, so until then I refuse to take orders from a...

What on Earth would you call Davy Jones anyway? Besides "Sir"?

20. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Look at it this way: the Secret Apprentice was never really a secret. OR! Vader wasn't too fond of this apprentice. OR! Vader's just being a prick. A friend of mine had the same interpretation as you, but I'll admit it wasn't what occurred to me when I saw that scene. (Or read it in the graphic novel.) It just seemed like Sith duplicity. Vader did not want the SA as his ultimate successor.

EDIT: I just saw what this post actually looks like. Can someone create a "Most Mysterious Post" award, and then give it to this post?

21. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    That was you?

Well if it's any consolation I now regard you as a 'top bloke'(TM), which is a particularly auspicious honour for a british git. We Australians don't shower praise lightly on the colonial folk. ;) Even on the occasions when you manage to be competitive with us in sports you invented. [face_mischief]

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    'Admiral' already has plenty to do with the seas, so I don't need any silly socks.

23. DreadPirateXany

DreadPirateXany Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2008
    Arr, this be true! :D

24. PTMurphy84

PTMurphy84 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2008
    Are we going to actually celebrate this idiots' holiday?

25. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Yaarrh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.