main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotels = Planets.

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by k3po, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Yup, let's just have a decision so we can stop checking this thread while people complain that they didn't like their hotelplanet. Plus this'll give people a possibility of changing reservations if they're scheduled to meet on a hostile planet. :)

2. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    I'll offer a potential suggestion. Although the reality of it kinda sucks, it may save some people a lot of trouble.

This idea of naming hotels after SW planets was awesome. The problem is that there's no way a consensus will ever be reached. Even if it was - or if somebody arbitrarily assigns names - it just doesn't mean much. Of the 25,000+ fans expected at the Celebration, how many actually post here on the Celebration forums at TF.N? A couple of hundred... maybe? The bottom line is that no matter what is decided or assigned here, so few people will know (or care) about it that it will ultimately mean virtually nothing.

Again, it has been a lot of fun trying to come up with good planet names for the various hotels. Perhaps if we had more time, we could make a good list and then somehow make it "official" and spread the word so that all fans staying in Indy would recognize each hotel by it's planet designation. But with the minimal number of fans who visit this thread to even hear of the concept - not to mention that the planet names are already being used at the Convention Center itself for room designations - this may just have to be an idea we give up on... this time.

All that being said, the Comfort Inn & Suites is still the Death Star. :D

3. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Since its going down to the wire, I would say "Use the force Sebulba and choose."

And please don't kill him if the name you selected isn't what is chosen for your hotel.

BTW, more people do know about the hotel=planets idea, since Jedi Talk mentioned it a couple weeks ago. They like the idea except that they were a little reluctant to call the Courtyard by Marriott Fondor. You already know my suggestion for the place, but I'll call it whatever, I'll even call it Planet X if Duck Dogers and Mrvin Martian don't blow it up (or the Death Star, be it Hyatt, Comfort Inn, etc). :D

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I'll second that. Sebulba X should make the final cut.

And trust me, more people know about this than you think. We were talking about it StarFest w/ some non-TF.n people. It's spreading like wildfire (which is something I'm looking to get away from for a weekend, Colorado is about blow away w/ them).

5. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    No kidding, this Snake river thing is outta control.

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Do we have a list yet? Pleeeeeassssssse?

7. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    PtrsonsZOO, I'm not going to post the list because the decision is a done deal. Since C2 is only days away, it was decided that Sebulba-X will make the final decision.

8. JMChladek

May 6, 2001
    I think Zoo meant if we finally had a name list from Sebulba-X yet or not. Obviously not. Thats okay, still waiting patiently here.

9. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    That was what I meant, I'm just getting anxious is all. Sleeping has become a problem now, all I can think about the cool stuff I'm going to be exposed to @ C2. C1 was great (minus the rain/flood), and this is looking to be 10X better.

I'll just sit on my hands and wait for the list, patiently, okay I'll just wait.

10. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Oops, sorry about the misunderstanding. I must have mis-read the post. :(

BTW, just PM'd Sebulba-X about it.

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Is this the list that needs to be narrowed down?

Indiana Convention Center = Coruscant, Biss
    Adams Mark = Alderaan, Endor, Yavin, Naboo, Corellia
    Budget Inn = Hoth
    Canterbury Hotel = Tynna
    Comfort Inn & Suites = Death Star, Bastion, Kuat, Carida, Bespin, Hoth
    Crowne Plaza = Caamas
    Courtyard by Marriott = Corellia, Endor, Coruscant
    Courtyard/Residence Inn by Marriott = Kamino, Geonosis, Tatooine, Dantooine, Cloud City
    Marriott Hotel = Cloud City, Dagobah, Duro
    Days Inn = Tatooine, Mon Calamari, Dagobah
    Econolodge = Kashyyyk
    Embassy Suites = Yavin, Tatooine, Balmorra, Endor
    Hampton Inn = Kashyyyk, Dathomir
    Hyatt Regency = Bespin, Coruscant, Kuat
    Omni Severin = Endor, Tatooine
    Radisson Hotel = Yavin
    Renaissance = Corellia
    Super 8 Motel = Bespin, Ord Mantell, Hoth, Nar Shaddaa
    Westin = Coruscant, Naboo, Corellia, Bespin
    Wingate Inn = Kessel

12. buzz57

buzz57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Where would Courtyard Indianapolis/Northwest be locatde on your starmaps?

13. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    And this is exactly I pulled out of this thread a while back.

"This bickering is pointless."

John

14. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Alright, here's the draft of the narrowing down...complain, compliment, list needed additions and what not. Thanks.

Indiana Convention Center = Coruscant
    Adams Mark = Alderaan
    Budget Inn = Hoth
    Canterbury Hotel = Tynna
    Comfort Inn & Suites = Death Star
    Courtyard by Marriott = Endor
    Courtyard/Residence Inn by Marriott = Kamino
    Crowne Plaza = Caamas
    Days Inn = Mon Calamari
    Econolodge = Kashyyyk
    Embassy Suites = Yavin
    Hampton Inn = Dathomir
    Hyatt Regency = Kuat
    Marriott Hotel = Dagobah
    Omni Severin = Tatooine
    Radisson Hotel = Yavin
    Renaissance = Corellia
    Super 8 Motel = Bespin
    Westin = Naboo
    Wingate Inn = Kessel

15. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Can you give the Wellesley Inn (out by the airport) a designation please? We've got 8 people from Rocky Mtn FF there.

Thanks for the work!

16. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Pick something that isn't on the list...I won't be able to revisit this for most of today, so if it isn't taken it can be yours.

17. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, how about Malastare?

18. Dirt_Jedi

Dirt_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2002
    Not that it matters, but I suggested Extended Stay America - Indy Airport = Malastare a couple of weeks ago.

I'm also travelling from the Outer Rim asteroid of Denver.

19. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Didn't see it on the list, so I'll claim Bothawai for the Baymont Inn.(if that's okay??)

20. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    All right since Malastare is taken, the Wellesley will take Obroa-Skai, and if someone else took that one earlier, we'll take Adega

21. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    :) Thanks Sebulba!

*Goes about making a tag for her door that says "Kuat" on it as well*

~Caleigh

22. JMChladek

May 6, 2001
    Okay, the list is workable. Just some observations rather then complaints since I'll accept whatever we get at this point and this is half the fun. I won't call for a vote of no confidence either (even though I called Corellia first when the idea was announced). ;) Dang it, I gotta practice that Jedi mind trick more, it doesn't seem to work. I take it it doesn't work on Dugs anymore then Tydarians right?

My reasoning behind naming Courtyard by Marriot as Corellia was that Chicago Fan Force was essentially "smuggling" several of us into downtown who couldn't get a room in time in the WoTC room blocks for the other hotels. I do recall also that somebody else suggested Omni Severin as a good place to be called Endor since they actually had a good program for kids staying in the hotel. I also seem to recall that there was some discussion that the furthest hotel from downtown with convention goers would be called Tatooine in a nod to Luke's quote "If there is a bright center of the universe, you are on the planet that it's farthest from."

Anyway, like I said these are lighthearted observations. If they are the final list, then I guess the Force truely was with you. Guess I'll just have to keep the Ewoks from trying to rifle through my hotel room now. :D

23. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm with you too, JM. (descends steps, hugs Leia). I'd hoped for Corellia but us pirates are just gonna have to hole up with short hosts, they're better than no hosts. -Campbell

24. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Oops! My apologies to both Dirt_Jedi and hairlesswookie. I accidentally left your suggestions out of the final list. Sorry about that. :( I thought for sure I had entered all of the suggestions in the list. (I had two lists and only entered the suggestions in the draft and not in the final list that I sent out to Sebulba-X.)

25. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Just keeping this up so people who are looking for it can find it. Thanks for the effort you put in, lija.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.