main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How Do C3PO and R2 Fall into the Hands of The Rebellion?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by THE_MISSING_TRIPLET, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

THE_MISSING_TRIPLET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I've been wondering.. after episode 3 how do 3po and R2 get in to the rebellion? If the Rebellion is not in episode 3 then they may be sold to sum1 who starts the rebellion... I thought they may have gone with Padme and Leia to Alderan but in ANH 3PO can barely even remember who princess Leia is.

How do you think they came to be with the rebellion?

2. GiveemtheBOOT

GiveemtheBOOT Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2002
    If I'm not mistaken, R2 is a Nubian droid, so it owuld only make sense for him to go with Padme, Bail, Leia etc to Alderaan. And Maybe they pick up 3PO after Anakin turns.

3. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    Isn't it obvious? C3P0 and R2D2 started the Rebel Alliance.
    Padme owns R2, he follows her where ever she will go, unless stated to stay somewhere. C3P0 is owned by Anakin, but was given to padme for diplomatic usage (this is all my opinion)

4. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    My guess is that R2 and 3P0 go with Padme and Leia to Alderaan, and remain with Leia until the Imperials stop the blockade runner in ANH.

5. Myaha

Myaha Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    R2-D2 is a NUBIAN droid????? O_O

don't mistake Naboo with Nubia... R2 is a droid from Naboo but the starships of the Naboo Royal House are from Nubia Corp. ;)

6. Phantom-Iam

Phantom-Iam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2002
    I don't remember my memory was erased!
    [face_shocked]

7. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

Jan 28, 2003
    I really don't think that they went to Alderan the only reason I don't believe this is that in ANH C3Po doesnt even remember who Princees Leia... "She was a passenger on our last voyage, a person of some importance i believe" If 3po did go with padme woudln't he know who Leia is??

8. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    3P0 was not telling the truth to Luke about knowing Leia. In the beginning of ANH he clearly says "There will be no escape for the princess this time."

9. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

Jan 28, 2003
    I see. Well then my only arguement is gone.. so ya the droids going to alderan does make the most sense

10. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I think they go to Alderaan with Padme and Leia after having their memory wiped. I'm only speculating, but maybe they are "told" to state they belong to Bail Antilles.

After reading the article in this month's Insider, it almost sounds like the story might go something like that. In it, 3po states he does "schedule keeping for Mistress Padme" while the "interview" stated that R2 was unavailable (with Anakin in his starship, since this is supposed to be "real time"?). I know, its only an insider article, but it could point to where they will end up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.